My new Aromamizer coil build!

So I decided to get creative tonight, and made yet another coil for my aromamizer. This time instead of two wires, I decided to do dual coils, in series. 24g kanthal, 2.5id. Each coil has 5 wraps for 0.8ohm (40-50watts is golden on kbox200), and a 22g Ti version for 0.22ohm(400-440F is nice for me on kbox200). First I did the standard wrap for the first 5, then I laid about 7mm of it along the jig, and began another 5 wraps. Once both coils were wrapped I pulled it up off the jig leaving only the first on the end of it still. Grabbed the needle nose and bend the section of wire between the two 90degrees. Then removed from jig, and inserted it into the other coil I had just made 90, and used the jig to rotate just the coil another 90, so the leads face each other on opposite ends. I then bend the center section of wire into a somewhat U shape, curving it downward inbetween the coils, this will set that wire down closer to the wicking later, as it does heat also-
Clipped my leads to proper length and then mounted the coil on the deck using both bottom post holes to get that sucker down there some so that center section sits low. Once mounted I wicked it as normal, making sure that rayon gets down under that center section of wire also. This sucker checks in at .83ohm, and has great vapor production and tons of flavor at about 40-45 watts. This is my new favorite build for the Aromamizer. If anyone tries it, let me know what you think of it. And if anyone needs some more detailed direction in reproducing this coil, let me know ill be happy to help any way I can
@UncleTopher

6 Likes

looks cool…what are the practical benefits?

What you see here is like breaking a longer coil in half (while still connected, of course), in effect you’ll get better wicking capabilities. You see with a longer coil the wick that’s in the middle of that long coil will be the least wet - the longer the coil gets, the dryer your centre part will be. So splitting this long coil into two halves / making a dual coil in series will get the former middle part better saturation. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Similar performance to a typical dual coil set up, while not wearing out two more of my post screws also them things strip toooo easy. Also higher ohm than doing a parallel dual coil, as it maintains resistance, instead of 1/2 coil resistance. The good and bad of that is subjective to how you like to vape. If you wanted a .2ohm set up; parallel, if you want closer to a .8ohm vape; series setup(or smaller gauge parallel, but the you wear them out faster, and use more wire) Overall its just a hotter vape and just comes down to personal preferences.

nice! makes sense to me. Once I get comfy doing things the “normal” way I will start playing with ideas like this. Better to keep up good will towards vaping from my roomates by not blowing up the house :smiling_imp:

I’m so glad you posted about this. I’m going to follow up. I really like my Aromamizers and enjoy making unusual builds too.
You got a friend here. Joy

1 Like

It’s a bit tricky to get them faced correctly. Good luck! I just did one with 22g Ti for 0.22ohm setup :slight_smile: And as a tip for getting the sucker in there easier, cut one lead to length first, then put the longer lead in first and you may need some needle nose to get the shorter lead in. It’s not too bad tho. Make sure the linking lead between the two is 7mm or longer, better too long than too short… You can always curve it more onnce the coils in by pinching both coils together to get them closer. Oh and PS, wrap the second section of coil opposite direct of the first, makes it easier to get faced so you don’t have to bend and twist it around as extreme

1 Like

Mike thanks for the share. I’m going to try this with the Diablo and see if I can get a good dual coil vape from the eVic VTC Mini. My normal dual coil setup is tough for the single battery to handle so maybe this would be better. I’ll try and report back.

2 Likes

not sure how much room you have in that setup, since this is in a aromamizer, not familiar with that one. im sure you’ll figure it out, though :slight_smile: took me three tries to recreate the first one I made while winging it the other night lol

The deck is substantial. Ok, so I couldn’t wait and put work on the back burner. Here’s a photo I took although I did clean up my coils and straighten them better. Just wanted to show how much room I have. This is 22ga Titanium. I’m vaping easily on the eVic VTC Mini right now at 510F. Single battery is handling it nicely. Thanks again for the share!!!

4 Likes

Nice, Same here, 22G Ti in mine also. Let me know how you like it :slight_smile:
Curious what ohm did yours come out at?
Mine is sitting at 0.22ohm right now, 420F on TC is perfect for me.

1 Like

I like it very much, although It’s a bit more effort to build than two separate coils. I’m going to run this build though until it needs to be replaced. That’s probably going to tell the tale for me anyway because I run my Ti coils (well, 22g anyway) for months - just clean them weekly. I don’t think this could stand up to the way I clean using my Dremel and a nylon brush attachment, but we’ll see. Psssst…I’m running coils in my Aromamizers that were built right around Jan 1 and still going strong!

EDIT- to answer your question, mine are 3mm ID and came out to 0.22 as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thats a good idea… not sure if i have a nylon brush attachment for my dremel but ill have to find one if i don’t :stuck_out_tongue:

HA! I just notice a piece of a rice grain stuck in the micro usb port :slight_smile: That’s too funny. But then again so am I for letting it fall into the dog’s water bowl!

2 Likes

omg i forgot about that happening!@ Glad its working again!!! Hell yeah!

Here is a pic of how my Ti coil looks, just realized I did less wraps on each. Weird that my resistance is still same as yours… hmm (Pic from before I mounted it)

2 Likes

Thanks @mikelej14 and @SthrnMixer! I have a Mini Volt that I have been trying to figure a way to make a good stealth vape setup.The Mini is small and easy to carry but the battery is small as well.I have been thinking of picking up a Geekvape Avocado or Haze clone due to them having a single coil setup to help with battery life. It is hard to be stealthy when you have to drip ,so a regular dripper style RDA I would like to avoid if possible.
I think I will now play with one of my El Diablo tanks and Mike’s single coil setup and see if I can find a workable balance between flavor and battery life.
I hereby nominate this new coil build to be called: The Mike!:grinning:

2 Likes

And to think this is only my 3rd day making coils… Glad I could be of service with something, Dare I say… Innovative, so soon into it. Hopefully my creative juices overflow into my DIY liquids next, also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:open_mouth: 200w, bruh hahaha

It’s a kbox200… Wattage isn’t adjustable in TC mode. It just regulates and throttles itself automatically…

"When in temp control mode, you are only able to change the max temp. The device will adjust the wattage accordingly to keep from going over the max temp. "

1 Like