My Recipe list

I’ve was amending a recipe and accidentally deleted the name and saves it without realising. I’m now unable to open that recipe within my recipes as the name is missing.

Where you’d generally click on the name it opens and shows the ingredients.

However as there’s no name, I’m unable to open it.
Am I missing something here, I’m getting frustrated as I can’t appear to find a way to open it.

Anyone have any ideas???

3 Likes

@Phil_Critch , when you open the list of recipe names, there’s a question mark in the right side of the box of the recipe names.
If you click on it, a pop up will appear showing your ingredients. This might work.

3 Likes

The question mark is small, inside a circle

3 Likes

I have a check-box next to each recipe, to the left of the ‘?’ mark (I always thought that was an eye :eye: ). When checking the box I get a pop-up where one choice is a delete recipe button.

4 Likes

Yeah it does but just the concentrate and %. Nothing else. How frustrating. An issue that probably needs addressing by the creater

2 Likes

Yeah but I don’t want to delete. I want to get into the recipe.

2 Likes

The concentrates and % are all you need to re-enter the recipe. Something you could have accomplished more easily than trying to retrieve it.:wink:

3 Likes

Well I have have, but it should be easier than rentering, recovering it from my recipe list. What a silly platform this site works on :-1:t2:

2 Likes

You could volunteer your time and services to help with that I guess.

3 Likes

If I knew where to start I’d happily do so. Do you know how the platform runs, or who created it?

I have friends who are computer programmers and platform builder’s. I’m sure I’d be able to gain the correct advice. Or in fact pass it on?

2 Likes

As a test I created a recipe called TEST. I saved it then opened it and hit edit. I deleted the name and it brings up a red outlined message box saying “the recipe requires a name”. When I tried to save it it won’t let me. Often things can behave differently on different platforms. I’m using an Android phone Running version 7.0 .

4 Likes

Really? I would say all silly mistakes a user may make cannot be accounted for. There are a lot of moving parts in a site this big.
Do you mean this recipe

7 Likes

Assuming you meant to say ‘creator’, and assuming you are referring to ELR’s owner, what sort of issue would you like him to address? Accidents?

It’s only silly if you don’t know how to use it.

5 Likes

I highly doubt that Lars will give away his precious baby to people known to make mistakes, not read through the forum (or he’d know Lars is the site owner and only developer), not check if they’ve made mistakes or not even know basic simple trouble shooting like using the BACK button on the browser when the mistake happens, blaming the site and not taking responsibility for his own actions… :smiley:
I think I’d rather live with these one-off issues than having an unreliable site that’s down when you need it.

5 Likes

Yes mate :+1:t3:

1 Like

Thanks for finding this. Yes my error, I accept that.

1 Like

I take it the above removed post was a dig at me?

I made a mistake and asked for help.

Can anyone advice me on two other issue adding to my stash.
I can’t find Sugar Cookie V2 by Capella and Bilberry by Dark arts?

1 Like

What did you put???

1 Like

I accepted it was my mistake and the back button my phone browser didn’t work.

1 Like

It’s all good man. ELR is precious to a lot of us here so if someone takes a dig at it, people might have a dig at you too. I’m glad your issue is solved :slight_smile:

Josephine’s comment can still be looked at if you click on the pencil icon.

5 Likes