My Recipe list

I accepted it was my mistake and the back button my phone browser didn’t work.

1 Like

It’s all good man. ELR is precious to a lot of us here so if someone takes a dig at it, people might have a dig at you too. I’m glad your issue is solved :slight_smile:

Josephine’s comment can still be looked at if you click on the pencil icon.

5 Likes

I asked if you had a problem with me moving the topic to feedback but I saw after that the problem was already solved.

3 Likes

Don’t know how it saved, anyway it’s sorted thanks :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Yeah I get it. But I did say it was my mistake. Just didn’t know why it saved without a name. Anyway it’s saved.
It’s my pride and joy recipe. It tastes virtually like the original to me. Worth a try if you like them flavours.

2 Likes

Did you see my post about the 2 flavours above. I can’t find them

1 Like

I don’t see the bilberry so you’ll have to create it. Please do it as Bilberry (Dark Arts) to stay in line with the other Dark Arts flavor line.

1 Like

I was actually looking for something to do with my white chocolate. I might use it for inspiration but the 1.5% super sweet is a bit much for me and I don’t have smooth. Perhaps I could use MTS from FA instead.

2 Likes

I’ve created the Bilberry and took information from the Dark Arts site, regarding% and ratios and other information, important when using this flavour.
It can enhance bakery, but should be used above 3% as it’s overpowering, even as a single flavour

1 Like

Pure sarcasm from my end. I’m an idiot when it comes to this stuff and I can manage to find my recipes that I somehow lose on occasion. I don’t come bashing a forum for my own ineptitude.

1 Like

Since it is rebottled Flavour Art (FA) i would think to use that. The only one FA Search results
seems to sell is Check cookies so Check cookies prob needs to be scrubbed but i have been wrong before :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @TorturedZen @Sprkslfly

3 Likes

You’re correct.:thumbsup:

I’m fairly certain I’ve merged Dark Arts into FA on several occasions (including Bilberry). Especially since it was established and confirmed as the same previously.

Once I get time again (I’m still working on getting the house in order) and remerge the “recent additions” (Dark Arts and others alike), Daath has already stated that he’s putting provisions in place to prevent both known errors, and readdition of known errors.

This falls into those categories. :wink:

5 Likes

Sry, we love to keep ya busy but wish we’d caught in time. Brand Abbreviation List (in progress) in case anyone else is a stumblin’

3 Likes

I had a suspicion but I wasn’t sure. I’m not sure if it’s the ideal way of dealing with rebrands though. A lot of people will know about them but probably just as many do not.

Not sure if you guys are geeks that know a little Linux, but probably a “hard link” would be ideal to deal with these duplicate flavors. 2 (or more) names, but pointing to the same address, meaning they’d be identifiable by both names and point to the same recipes / notes / etc. This way you avoid confusion and it would be easy to find out if you have a rebranded flavor or not.

1 Like

Whatever it takes and however it’s done ultimately falls on @daath. But for now listing flavors as Dark Arts is only creating more dupes.

3 Likes

Yes, Dark Arts is regularly merged into Flavour Art - In the flavor database v2 there will be one “master flavor” which can have several aliases - Like “Custard Premium (FA)” will have an alias called “Custard Prem (FC)” since Flavour Creative is rebottled Flavour Art with a slightly different name.

6 Likes

You keep making us drool over database v2 … any chance it’s coming out this year? :smiley:

2 Likes

So a user enters “Custard Prem (FC)” or any variable of that and it will come up as “Custard Premium (FA)”?

2 Likes

Well, at least I hope so :stuck_out_tongue:

Not quite sure how to present it yet - Perhaps it will display as “Custard Prem (FC)” and in smaller lettering beneath, “aka Custard Premium (FA)” - or, if I can make something smart, that is performant, just show “Custard Premium (FA)” if you have that in your stash, otherwise “Custard Prem (FC)” if you have that or both in some form if you don’t have it…

7 Likes

Custard Premium (FA) aka Custard Prem (FC) could be one way to present the names.
But then again some people might not know ‘aka’ means ‘also known as’.

1 Like