My Thoughts on the DNA 200 Chip

if you do I’m very interested in doing the same to my 150 so keep me in the loop please?

Will do. Likely won’t be anytime soon. Holidays are upon us!

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking bud. Thanks!

1 Like

I received my Efusion today. @Pro_Vapes is spot on yet again! I’m working up a full review of the product, but let me offer a sneak peak.

Thanks to PV I already had my Escribe software downloaded with my wire profiles entered, so all I really needed to do was upload them onto the device. This could not be easier.

Next was a little tinkering with the settings to get the perfect vape. It’s very easy to do, and once done that’s it! You set up profiles in the software and as long as you repeat your build, it’s always going to be set right. Genius!

Right now I’ve loaded my device with 3 profiles - 2 which are for my TFV4 and the new Aromamizer. The 3rd is for my Subtank. I’ve named these which also gets uploaded onto the device and displayed on the screen for when you’re setting profiles. What could be easier?

How does it vape. Well holy shit on a steaming biscuit! This is what Temp Control was meant to be. Part of setting up profiles is a setting which allows you to set an initial “boost” to your vape. This is especially helpful with the larger wire (22ga Ti in this case) which is a bit slower to reach temp. But, although I’m running at 45w and 450 degrees, I can set it to hit at 65 watts for the first second. This is very, very noticeable when first taking a drag. You get instant warmth then it goes to your desired temp for the rest of that drag. Genius!! I urge anyone into temp control who doesn’t have a DNA 200 mod—don’t walk, run to get one. You will be rewarded.

Here you go. For size comparison. Efusion in the middle, eVic VT 60w on the left, eVic VT mini on the right.

With Aromamizer attached -

3 Likes

Its not overly large Looks nice. I’m thinking about the Reuleaux by wismec the triple 18650 dna200

1 Like

Nice touch there, brother…:smile:

A 200w device with a 1300mah battery = A Ferrari with a 1 gal gas tank.
Am I incorrect in this? If not, why would they do that? If so, I can’t see paying that much for any device with such a short battery life. Also HCigar’s policy of voiding warranty to resellers that sell below the MSRP is horrific. Can you imagine a car manufacturer doing that to car dealers? Welcome to Commerce, Chinese style.
I see that some mfg’s are using 18650’s in their designs which makes it much more appealing to me. Several mfg’s are using 3 18650’s in their designs. Do LiPo batteries last longer? This would drive Dr. Spock crazy trying to see logic in it. LOL

3 Likes

It’s done in the car, electronics, furniture industry as well - not with warranty, but if you sell below MSRP you’re just not a dealer any longer…

1 Like

Only when the dealer is willing to bend over for their suppliers. (Happens a lot). With the company I work for, when the mfg’s have made demands like that, we drop them like a bad habit. Then they usually come crawling back to us with “we have decided to modify our policy for you” kind of statement. Like I said, Commerce, Chinese style. The businesses that are willing to bend over deserve to take it in the rear. THAT is on the heads of the decision makers of those businesses. One word for them. WIMPS

1 Like

I’m getting 12hr plus per charge. LiPos are the norm for these devices. There are a few exceptions. But me… I couldn’t be happier with my purchases.

It’s their policy but they didn’t invent this. Sigelei used the same policy. It’s what an individual can live with. After my Smok ordeal I wanted a reliable device even if I had to pay double the price. My deals for my 3 DNA 200s was $339. I think that’s a good deal. I’m guaranteed to have a charged, fully functioning, top of the line TC mod at all times. It’s well worth it to me.

Battery life is dependent on how you vape.

I took this one off the charger at 5pm yesterday. 15 hrs later it’s still going.

2 Likes

That’s exactly it. Something that just works. I still think it will be the triple 18650 for me.

2 Likes

I’ll probably get one or two of those too. I couldn’t pass up the deal I got tho. I’m also waiting for the Cloudmaker.

2 Likes

Mate your gona need a storage unit soon for all that gear. Ha :joy:

2 Likes

Empty tank… Not even close to a dry hit.

Oh yeah, coming up on 16 hrs on this charge.

5 Likes

A lot of interesting topics are going along with this myself right now I’m using a pioneer for you ipv4 and I’ve gotten pretty good at working on it and one thing I’ve run into it’s not so much the board witch is a sx 330 v4s not v3 like it was originally marketed yihi will not even do any thing but refer me to pioneer I’ve been keeping a close eye on the DNA 200 I want one if I’m not mistaken they are going to be releasing kits in the near future to be resold right out of there Ohio baced Company that way you’re sure you’re getting the real deal and not a clone or reject and full support this was a leak whether intentional or by accident they’re hiring people not just for shipping of the boards but tradesman to build kits is my understanding and they keep their dealer safe they’re not selling the mod as a whole goods just the kits

2 Likes

16 hours on a charge, that must be one very efficient chip. OK guys, I’m sold. :slight_smile: My next mod purchase will most likely be a DNA 200. The feature set and function alone are very appealing. Also, since I am in the habit of charging my mods every night before I go to bed, battery life shouldn’t be an issue with me.

2 Likes

can i re program that to say you forgot to turn the juice on i have a Goliath v 2 some times after filling i forget to turn the juice on be vaping along no burnt cotton no vape open the juice flow back in business

1 Like

My first day carrying the Vaporshark, thought I’d share how small this thing is…quarter for scale, of course…

There is sooooo much to learn…this little thing is pretty damn cool…

4 Likes

Day 2…we’re rolling…

7 Likes

I’ve found that I like higher watts as well. In fact I want to make a statement here and now about this chip and my previous perceptions of how temp control works.

I have been under the impression that watts needed just to be set high enough to reach temp quickly and that the set temp would take over. So with the DNA 200, at first I was having some weak hits and flavor at 40-45 watts on the Aromamizer. So I started cranking up temperature but it didn’t seem to have much effect. Then I connected to my computer and ran the Device Monitor from the Escribe software. I watched how my assessments were proven to be fact. I had 450 deg set but it wouldn’t reach that temp. It was 350-380 set at 45 watts. So I thought it needs more power to reach the temp and so I started bumping up watts. Sure enough. At 65 watts I was starting to get nice clouds but flavor was really taking off. I found my sweet spot for temp and flavor at 72 watts. This was for the 22ga Ti dual build with 2.5mm ID and 6.5 wraps. i then rebuilt (and loaded the wire profile) a 7.5 wrap, 24ga dual SS build on the Aromamizer. Tried that 45w 450F setting. Again…anemic. And again i brought up the Device Monitor and watched as I vaped. I found to reach the sweet spot on this build I needed to be 74 watts. The downside is it uses a ton more battery at higher wattage setting. The upside is…you can fine tune your own vape experience using the software. And the major point is…wattage is important to achieving the desired vape because obviously depending on your build, the device simply won’t bring the wire to temperature until the watts are set high enough.

3 Likes