Myrcene recipe ideas?

"Myrcene: accentuate or extend the psychoactive effects of cannabis.

Aroma: Balsam, Peppery, Spicy

Flavour Profile: Balsamic, Fruit, Geranium, Herb, Must

Benefit: Analgesic, Antioxidant, Sedative

Recommended usage up to 4% or less"

What would make this tastes decent? Cranberry? Apple?
Available as a eliquids additive from Fusion Flavors. Found naturally in Mango, lemon grass, hops, and more.

3 Likes

I vaped a lot of Cranberry (TPA) in 2018. A very interesting flavor and I have to agree it might be the pairing you seek …does like the Fuji Apple alondside …check this. Would be a super easy and quick test (SnV)

2 Likes

MYRCENE

Description: Myrcene has a pleasant, sweet, balsamic, plastic odor.
Appearance Colorless to very pale straw-colored
mobile liquid Solubility Soluble in alcohol and oils; insoluble
in water
Synthesis: From linalool.
Aroma threshold values: Aroma characteristics at 10%: terpy, herbaceous, woody with a rosy celery and carrot nuance.
Taste threshold values: Taste characteristics at 5 to 100 ppm: woody, vegetative, citrus fruity with a tropical mango and slight, leafy,
minty nuance.
Natural occurrence: Reported found in Mircia acris D.C.; in the distillates from leaves of Rhus cotinus and Barosma venustum (52 and 43%, respectively); in lemongrass, cypress, artemisia; in the fruits of Phellodendron amurense (92%) and Phellodendron japonicum;in the oils of Picea balsamea, Tsuga canadenis, Abies balsamea, clary sage and others. Also reported in over 200 foods andbeverages including citrus peel oils and juices, apricot, sweet and sour cherry, berries, guava, pineapple, carrot, celery, potato, bell
pepper, black currants, anise, anise seed, cardamom, cinnamon, cassia, clove, capsicum varities, ginger, mentha oils, mace, parsley,
thyme, cheeses, cream, pork, hop oil, beer, white wine, rum, cocoa, coffee, tea, mango, tamarind, coriander, gin, sweet bay, prickly
pear, calamus, dill, lovage, caraway, buckwheat, corn, basil, fennel, kiwifruit, rosemary, myyrtle berry, turmeric, lemon balm, sage,
pimento, angelica oil, Roman and German chamomile oil, eucalyptus and mastic gum oil.
re: https://the-eye.eu/public/Books/campdivision.com/PDF/Sciences/Chemistry/Fenarolis%20Handbook%20of%20Flavor%20Ingredients_%206th%20Ed_%20George%20A%20Burdock_%202009.pdf

5 Likes

Weed is immoral and illegal for most, it does more harm than good.

1 Like

In my state they are pushing for medical marijuana and I found this interesting:

1 Like

I don’t buy those so-called “facts”. In Washington state domestic violence dropped 300% along with other violent crimes. It’s not like alcohol, you can snap out of a Marijuana buzz. I get home, smoke weed and watch conservative political commentators talk about, get this… American politics! WTF how dumb am I eh?

I’ve decided to make strawberry Rhubarb recipe. That should hide it.

4 Likes

I use terps in some of my juices. However i never really can taste it. Myrcene on its own, has a earthy taste. I usually use it in fruity recipes…

2 Likes

It just arrived yesterday. Mine is CANNATERP and I can’t find much info. It smells citrus, I tasted a drop and got; sweet balsamic vinegar which turned into a citrus taste (between orange and lemon) with a sweet herb aftertaste (herbal essence shampoo?)
I haven’t received the Rhubarb consentrates yet (postal strike) so I mixed up a berry-watermelon recipe for now.
I mixed it assuming it’s PG based because it looks very liquidy but I can’t find info on it.
I used 4% as is recommended by the vendor. I will be splitting into two batches one for Saltnic and one for freebase, hopefully it can hold up in benzoic acid.

2 Likes