N.E.T Creations and Reviews (Naturally Extracted Tobaccos or Teas)

From what I’ve gathered, with an extended heat extraction period, such as yours, you might only use 5 to 8% in your mix. For individuals who have a minimal heated extraction period, coupled with maybe a week or two of room temp extraction time, might need as much as 20 to 25% in a mix.

I’ll let you know about the minimal heat extraction method; this is one of the methods I chose. The tobacco I used is a fairly light Virginia blend; the tobacco I used to roll and smoke.

It’s all new to me. I’m still refining my process. Some say it requires some time to bond with the pg after the extraction. The flavor needs to develop for a while . I’m testing various percentages until I think it’s ready.

1 Like

My first batch of NET via cold PGA extraction…success! The product came out crystal clear and quite tasty, even freshly mixed. Couple of pics; first up is the extract in pure form and the second is a 50PG/50VG mix w/20% extract. I’ll steep this a couple of weeks and see how it develops. Tobacco used: Peter Stokkebye London Export.

12 Likes

Man, nice job, Jim. Mine looks like freshly drained Quaker State, with 25,000 miles on it, compared to yours.

2 Likes

Guess it all depends on the tobacco you are using, the extraction methods, solutions and straining methods. My tobacco was a fairly light caramel colored type; mostly Virginia verietals. Don’t worry, my Latakia and Perique is gonna look like black strap molasses or darker…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Just you wait and see!

1 Like

I smoked pipes for years & have a stockpile of aged pipe tobacco.
That perique will melt your face off I bet.
This NET is such a interesting concept,keep us all posted please

1 Like

I’m about to process my hybrid hot/cold extraction; it has steeped for roughly two weeks now in a room temp state. I’m guessing it will be a bit more potent than my (freezer) cold extraction.

I’m vaping a mix from my first cold extraction right now.
London Export net @20%
FA Joy @.75%
IDE Caramel @1%

Very enjoyable tobacco vape. Surprisingly enough, this mix was pretty much a shake and vape; I was fearing I’d have to wait through a steep time…not so much!:wink:

Side note: The IDE Caramel is, hands down, the best caramel flavoring I have experienced to date.

5 Likes

That’s good to hear. I’m not quite getting what I need from the 5 I have. I’ll give it a shot. Luckily IDE sent a full bottle. I just smelled it and did a finger taste. It smells and tastes true.

2 Likes

That came out NICE…bet it tastes good!

1 Like

It really does taste good. And the best part is I now know what true Virginia tobacco tastes like in a vape; kinda now disappointed in all the other bottled versions of what is supposed to be Virginia tobacco. :smirk:

3 Likes

Man I bet that pile of tobacco smells awesome! I’d be very tempted to roll up one of those leaves and puff away! :scream:

1 Like

…don’t blame you!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now I know why I quit…bleck!! Cough

2 Likes

Good choice to start off with! The Havana! :heart_eyes:

…BAM!!

3 Likes

I “LOVE” the color…and the taste…OMG!! I found GOD…I’M IN HEAVEN!

3 Likes

Looks great @Stixx! And bet it tastes even better! :blush:

What leaf was that?

I just started the straining process on one of my heat macerated versions of Virginia last night! Looks bold! Here’s hoping I get a lot of mileage out of the end product. :wink:

Waiting breathlessly for the outcome of your Ligero! :+1:

I wonder if using an aeropress would work? That’s what I used for the tea. I ran it through twice and it was pretty quick and clear when it came out. Might cut your filtering time down, anyway. :wink:

3 Likes