N.E.T Creations and Reviews (Naturally Extracted Tobaccos or Teas)

Chop it up with a good pair of scissors or hand rub it out to crumbs… use the wrapper and filler; best of both worlds there. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Kinnikinnick Leafy Recipe Maker Extraordinaire18h

Yup… that’s about right, with PG extractions. Rewicking and a coil burn every morning or evening is standard procedure for me… just goes with the NET territory.

Has anyone tried to spin the extracts down on a centrifuge?

1 Like

I just use a stainless steel ricer to press the tobacco maceration, prior to filtering; seems to do a fairly good job of squeezing out all of the solvent from the tobacco. :wink:

1 Like

What I was getting at: to remove all solid particulates one could try to spin down the already extracted and filtered liquid. Also the loss of final product would be very minimal. One of the issues with multiple filtering is the loss of product that remains in each filter operation.

That would be an interesting experiment! :grinning:

In the beginning, I was concerned with product loss during the filtering process. But, a couple of things helped me overcome this worry. One was realizing just how much finished juice I was going to be able to make after filtering 150 to 175ml worth of NET… roughly 1000ml of ready to vape liquid. It would take me a long time to go through 33 - 30ml bottle of NET. :grinning:

Secondly, upon using the Aeropress as a filtering tool, I discovered the 7cm coffee or 2.5 micron (slow) qualitative filter doesn’t retain a large amount of liquid.

However, if an individual has the equipment at their disposal to centrifuge their NET for particulates… that could be a awesome way of removing the ickies! :grimacing:

3 Likes

I’ve got a bunch that are standing for over 10 months now, I keep procrastinating when it comes down to filtering :blush:
I just ordered an aeropress today so maybe that will get some fire up my lazy ass :zap::fuelpump:

2 Likes

Yay you! :grinning:

Kindly tip on using the aeropress:

You should recieve a crap load of filters with your aeropress. I use those for my first couple of filter runs, before moving on to a slow qualitative filter. Early on, I used to use those aeropress filters sparingly… not anymore. They are very inexpensive.

You’ll discover that with the initial extract filter… if you allow gravity to do all the work (i.e. not using the aeropress plunger)… after about 100ml of extract, the filter will eventually get clogged and not allow more extract to pass through. Just change the stinking filter and keep going!

Your second aeropress filter run, with the whole batch, will go through much faster… even without using the plunger.

If you choose to use a slow qualitative filter for a final filter… if allowing gravity to do the work… expect a day or three for the extract to completely make it through the filter.

Using the aeropress plunger:

I have witnessed outright verbal wars in other forum venues, over whether or not to use the plunger…(i.e. forcing the extract through the filter). I couldn’t give a rats ass how you do it. Do it the way you want. I will NOT get into any discussions about using the stinking plunger during the filtering process. :rage:

And furthermore… if any NET heads here want to get into that topic… please, for the love of all that is just in this world… start a completely new thread on the matter so I can have the option of MUTING the topic! :rage:

2 Likes

You can do that while it holds liquid? I think I get like 350 filters to go with it.

:roll_eyes:
Right, it would be a complete bummer if you ended up having to mute your own topic :grimacing:
We can :triangular_flag_on_post: them though :wink:

Thanks for the tips bro, I’m looking forward to it. :yum:

1 Like

I am gonna get 2 aeropress’s one for my coffee and one for net. that is when i can.

2 Likes

Good idea, unfortunately my body decided that it cannot handle coffee anymore so I just ordered the one :unamused:

oh noooooooo, that would be horrible!!! you poor thing. I hope that never happens to me.

2 Likes

I looked, also, at aeropress, but too expensive! I have one of these instead.
Only $12 on Amazon

3 Likes

Interesting… I have never read those forums. I haven’t the time to wade thru 30K irrelevant posts just to read the occasional one on the NET topic of interest to me. FYI, pressure assisted filtration is done all the time in both the analytical lab and in industrial chemical production operations. . Like I said, I just don’t have the time to read forum posts by children that haven’t a clue about the subject matter.

1 Like

No. I just dump what unfiltered extract is left in the aeropress into a beaker while I change out the filter, then pour the extract back into the aeropress and go again.

1 Like

:smile: :+1: thanks

1 Like

That tool looks nifty! :sunglasses: Let us know how it works out for you.

I’m on the lazy and patient side of life… I just pour my extract in the aeropress and walk away until it makes it through the filters by gravity. On occasion, as I stated above, sometimes the filters just get too clogged up with tobacco sediment and I have to replace the filter to move the process forward. Some tobacco macerations are just more prone to clogging filters than others.

I find that tobacco which I must initially hand rub before putting it in the jar is prone to being a bit sediment heavy in the filtering process; goes with the territory.

Example:

IMG_4539

Bulk tobacco, which has been cut/pre-rubbed and ready stick in a pipe, doesn’t pose as much of a sediment issue.

Example:

IMG_4541

Oh… these weren’t children on the forum posts I was reading… these were full grown “adults”, just acting like children… the type of “adult” that:

1. Can’t look at anything through an objective lens or see past their own nose.

2. Can’t accept that everyone has an opinion.

3. Can’t get past their own opinion that when dealing with others, “I’m big, you’re small, I’m smart, you’re dumb, I’m right, you’re wrong… and there’s nothing you can do about it!”

There’s a lot of good info out there in other forums, but, every once in a while a thread picks up some shit on the bottom of its shoe… typically, it can get cleaned off by the other real adults on the thread and life goes on. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I can see myself making home made noodles. oh ya

1 Like

Does double filtered mean filtered once through two filters or filtered twice through single filters?

How long does winterization take?

Thx

1 Like

This :point_up_2:

I’ve pretty much eliminated the 2nd 2.5 micron filtering; one 2.5 micron filtering is sufficient for most extractions. :wink:

Roughly 3 or 4 days; every tobacco extraction is different. If you aren’t happy with the amount of precipitate matter which has collected at the bottom of the container, you can always leave the extraction in the freezer for a longer period of time.

This DIY NET thing is all about what works for you. Trial and error is our teacher! :grimacing:

1 Like

Got it.
Again, sincere thanks.

1 Like