Nature's Flavors Reviews

Cake Batter (Organic) (NF) 1.0% (2-24-20) – One of the most notorious CB’s I’ve tried was CAP’s, and it always came across as far too chemically for my tastes, so these always scare me. OK, NO chemically-ness in this one, great. It’s a hard one to describe, but let’s start out by saying, it doesn’t SCREAM Cake Batter at me when vaping it. It’s actually a very good bakery-ish flavor, that COULD lean that way, but doesn’t scream it. At 1% it was very full, and almost rich, but didn’t exude any eggy-ness that I could pick up, but maybe some bakery/cooky elements I did get throughout. I have no clue how to make, and barely describe a cake batter, but this was a really good vape, none the less. As far as a stand out, I’d say no, but, still good, and great to add some light bakery, almost cookie (not quite) elements to your mixes. Sweetness was mid high, and I got no off-putting notes throughout the tank. I did finish the tank, so that’s worth a lot right there. As far as the full profile, maybe 40% CB, and 60% good cookie/bakery/sweet. So not a super stand out, but still very good. For it’s name, will have to leave solidly @ 7/10.

6 Likes

Cookie Dough (Organic) (NF) 1.0% (2-24-20) – As soon as I started vaping this, I knew they had some of their Milk Chocolate compounds in here (previously reviewed). I wasn’t a huge fan of that, and considered chalking this one up immediately, but soldered on through. It actually started evening out after vaping. At first blush, it appeared to be almost a mixture of their MC with Cake Batter I had just tested. Maybe not exactly, but that will put you in the ballpark. Now CD can be hard to create accurately I’m sure. Too many different elements and tastes to get it so that everyone agrees it’s Cookie Dough. This was more of a somewhat chocolate chip cookie, BUT, without the finished baked cookie part. Sounds like a CD, right ? It smelled more like it in the tank than vaping it, but even still it didn’t convey much of the dough. The MC portion had none of the off putting notes I had when testing that solo, and at 1% felt good, and strong enough, with sweetness low to mid level. Your mileage will vary as to whether or not this is a “dough” flavor or not. It’s in the arena, but not front row seats let’s say. Overall, not a terrible vape by any means, but could use more of the dough. I did get slight coconut aspects that would come and go, and I think that did help it move slightly towards the dough side of things. I think it feels good at 7.4/10.

5 Likes

Any other insight on NF Ginger? Looking forward to building with this one… I love Ginger the Real Thing.

2 Likes

I was too scared to buy that one @anon70102222. Maybe @daath can elaborate.

2 Likes

It is very good! And, potent. 0.5 and under. It is, like all nf we use, an extract, so it’s very real to raw Ginger, @anon70102222, and needs a partner if you want it sweet or soda or candied.

I prefer their Gingerbread extract to plain Ginger, but you can make your own with the plain, so it’s more versatile.

@SessionDrummer, I’m curious about your use of the word compound or compounding. I think that is what most flavor companies do, but NF is blending their single extracts together if it’s a complex flavor, not buying compounds from a flavor lab, as far as I’ve figured out. If someone knows better, I’m all for more info! Is that how you are thinking of compounds here?

5 Likes

Well perhaps I played loose and fast with the “compound/compounding”, as I have not reached out to them for any information on how they do, what they do. @Plunderdrum tell me if this makes sense or not (and it may not, 3 hours sleep LOL).

What I meant was “extracts”. :slight_smile: I.e. they are using the same extracts, and/or blending/re-using them.

I think I’m going to edit the review to reflect that.

5 Likes

That is how I see it being done. I haven’t contacted them, either, just know they’re an extract company, so it seems to follow. And, you’re reviews are right on the money, not just about that common-flavor thing, but your reports match mine very well. I’m just lazy when it comes to writing reviews. I much more enjoy sharing my thoughts when a question arises.

4 Likes

I wish I could do that, I’d save a lot of VG/PG, cotton, and time LOL. I’m GOING to correct that review, because clearly it is indirectly incorrect/misleading, so thanks @Plunderdrum for pointing that out. Nature’s Flavors does a LOT of things, including compounds if you can believe it (I didn’t know fully until I checked). All of my reviews however are on the Organic Extracts.

I’ll keep typing these up @Plunderdrum, but you keep me straight and honest mate. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You will have to see if you can find ingredients for those compounds… some contain daap or gums and or sugars/acids. be careful what you monkey around with :wink:

4 Likes

I wasn’t recommending anything from Nature’s Flavors for vaping except for the Organic flavors in this test run.

4 Likes

Just stay safe, Sd… :wink:

2 Likes

Dude, your reviews and the work you put into testing and writing them are immensely appreciated! Some folks have the knack and gumption, others don’t. We all participate and build the knowledge base within our gumptionistic parameters!

Keep those flavor notes a comin’, broseph!

6 Likes

Cheesecake (Organic) (NF) 1.5% (2-25-20) – OK, who’s NOT afraid to test Cheesecakes ?? This guy. I had a run in a while back with RFSC’s Cheesecake, mixed it up, smelled it, and never vaped it LOL. So, that tradition continues with all cheesecakes. This one smelled pretty good in the bottle, so test on we shall. Vaping at 1% was very full with no signs of hitting the limit. Creamy, and mid-sweet, with not off-putting sour cheese that’s thrown me on a few others. It was interesting as smelling it, revealed an almost custard note to it, but vaping it that seemed to fall in behind the cheese, and wasn’t very present. To my tastes it was almost a blend of a custard and cheesecake. Now, throughout the tester tank, I continued to get a note, which I believe is NF’s attempt at a Graham Cracker in there, and although not off-putting, I wasn’t a fan of, at least in this mix platform. May or may not be a deal breaker for you, so you will have to decide. Continued comparisons between smelling and vaping, did continue to reveal much more of an eggy custard when smelling, that changed into more of a custard when vaping. Def. not as eggy when vaping. To call this a 50/50 custard/cheesecake would be accurate. Now, it was quite good, but as a “cheesecake” would have to mark down for the (I think) graham cracker that I wasn’t fond of, and or the blurring between custard/cheesecake. 6.9/10.

6 Likes

Pumpkin Pie (Organic) (NF) 0.35% (2-25-20) – I knew this one was super strong before mixing, and started this out at 0.35%. Smelling this when mixing smelled like it was going to be an interesting one, and it is. It was not like any other PP I have tried to date. The pumpkin was actually very good, and the pie was seemingly lost in the mix behind an almost bitter, earthy note that carried through the entire vape. Sweetness was low on the scale, and there was some spice, but it was hard to identify. It is possible that perhaps the earthy bitterness I was getting could have been a nutmeg, but it eludes a clear description. Because that “note” was so pervasive, it was hard to really taste any crust, and the pumpking note was about the only thing peaking through. Continued vaping still left me with that dark, earthy note, which bordered on bitter. I’m not sure if you could mix that out or not, so it will probably be a deal breaker for many. Clearly a natural flavor with no artificial notes, and the pumpking was great, but just overshadowed by “the note”. Marking down quite a bit for the heavy, earthy notes obscuring what might have been a much better flavor. 4/10.

7 Likes

So a QQ about the Ginger… is it supposed to be water-thin? Mine is literally as water.

3 Likes

Most of the NF extracts are watery thin. They’re based in Cane Alcohol, no PG. Go into drop mode ready for the first drop to fall on its own before you squeeze the bottle.

4 Likes

@anon70102222
Agreed! I only need two or three drops (max, depending on the recipe) in a 30ml of their red apple to do the trick! My absolute favorite ‘accent flavor’ to date.

Still expanding my knowledge and experience with NF, but I’d say that they are definitely ‘Ultras’, so treat them like you would MF or FLV. Start super low, and be patient, or the chance of a miss-step increases quickly.

4 Likes

Agreed! Though, there are exceptions. Pineapple, Strawberry and Black Cherry can go up to 3% very nicely.

6 Likes

Peanut Butter (Organic) (NF) 0.75% (2-26-20) – Admittedly I don’t vape many Peanut Butters so this was a nice change up for me. Have mostly used TPA’s and CAP’s for comparison. TPA’s being darker and saltier, and CAP’s being smoother/creamier/sweeter, this one leaned towards Capella’s. Was surprisingly laid back @ 0.75% so it is possible boosting it might push it to a fuller status, but testing was do-able at this level. A somewhat recessed PB that had some low level sweetness, and inched towards a creamy vape with little to no mid to dark, or salty notes. Throughout the entire tank I kept thinking the PB without the P. I didn’t get an overly forward peanut element from it, but you got the sense it was in there, which is odd for a PB. Wasn’t a bad vape at all, but LOL, could use some more NUTS. Because of it’s somewhat laid back overall taste, and no punchy peanut notes, could easily be used in a base, but would need some peanut push IMO. Struggling to work up a number for a PB that’s missing some of the P. Still slightly sweet and creamy, and a good vape, so settling on a 6.5/10.

5 Likes

Custard (Organic) (NF) 1.0% (2-27-20) – Getting near the end of this series, and custard on deck !!! Smelling this in the tank, smelled almost like a light CAP VC with some pudding notes. Vaping it, it stayed similar, yet different. I think I saw a review (of very few), that read, “This stuff is terrible”, LOL. Now it’s not terrible, and it’s not overtly eggy or offensive, but the rather bland, middle of the road custard is tempered by a a strange off note for me. It’s almost like the precursor to your cotton running dry. You know, you’re getting loads of great vapes, then the last one, you get that HINT (not burnt cotton) that you MIGHT be running your wicks dry ?? THAT, is what I get from every vape on this one. I almost want to say it has a harshness to it, but that might be excessive, but that’s what I get from this. The flavor is full at 1%, sweetness is low, and it presents as a unremarkable custard, with some pudding elements in there. I can’t shake the aftertaste though. Only vaping @ 65w on dual verticals (as ALL of my testers are), coming in @ 0.35 ohms, so nothing that would be causing that slightly harsh, almost “wicks are about to run dry” aftertaste. I’m going to guess that this may NOT be the custard for you, but, you never know. Being unable to shake the after note, will leave this smack dab @ 5/10.

8 Likes