Nature's Flavors Reviews

Sorry to break your rythym @SessionDrummer. But I wanted to mention Ginger again. I haven’t used it in much yet… but I will.

I’ve never tried ginger vapes, and did not know a natural extract existed, but I am WAY glad I found this. I love ginger. Ginger Ale, candied ginger, ginger in savory foods, etc. So to find it in its’ natural state is a boon to my vaping. This flavor is nothing but your basic ginger- and that is perfect. I don’t want a synthetic ginger, nor do I want a premixed concoction like ginger ale or ginger snap, etc.

The little I have mixed so far has been great; exactly what I could have hoped for. I personally call this one a ‘transformative’ flavoring. It is going to make a whole lot of juices really awesome for me. An umami movement. I can’t wait to use it more.

OK, as you were.

5 Likes

Ginger pairs really well with peach vapes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Pear as well, going to mix a ginger pear once my flavors get here

4 Likes

Bavarian Cream (Organic) (NF) 1.0% (2-29-20) – My current go to BC is TPA’s for reference. This one came across as quite a different BC than I was used to. It was almost a mix of NF’s custard, with some Danish elements thrown in. I did get some of the almost dry hit twinges I got from NF’s Custard here as well. Nicely full at 1% and sweetness was mid level. Quite a different BC, and that it just reminded me of NF’s custard, with some danish, and a smidge of coconut perhaps in there. To my tastes, it didn’t really convey a BC. Not terrible, but didn’t seem like a BC to me. 6.5/10.

7 Likes

Banana Nut (Organic) (NF) 0.5% (2-29-20) – This one was another one that smelled one way in the tank, and tasted another vaping. Smelled like a creamy banana, with a hint of spice, and some nuts. Vaping it, lost some of the creamy banana, and some of the nut. At the reduced rate of 0.5% it was full, and nothing off-putting. Sweetness was about mid level, and it was an even keeled vape. It surprised me when vaping as it lost some notes compared to smelling, but it was still good, just not AS good as smelling it. The banana teetered in between natural and candied, and with the lessened nut profile when vaping, was hard to identify. If it vaped like it smelled, it would have been a 10, but with my perceived note reduction, I think a 6.5/10 is fair. I don’t think it is good enough to carry the B&N by itself, but could be an asset in firming one up.

8 Likes

This is how I use many of these. Like MF, a few drops can add a next level to a finished or near finished mix. Diyvs head mixer, whose name eludes me, said he liked how well NF mixed into recipes.

Blueberry, Banana, Black Raspberry are all good examples of just adding 2 or 3 drops/30ml to top off a profile

6 Likes

Has anyone tried the new formula vs the old? Looks like their worth the price especially for the old stuff and I’ve never tried that brand so I wouldn’t know the difference.

3 Likes

NF has a new formula? Can you give more info, please?

4 Likes

Yes. I’m dumb and got nature flavors and medicine flower mixed up. Pay no attention to me, off to hide

7 Likes

No need to hide, Gsnap! I’ve had my share if mix-ups, too. I once ordered a bunch of Flavor West flavors thinking they were North West flavors and many more. These are the only 2 pure extract companies in the game. Easy mistake!

5 Likes

If I posted all the screw-ups I make, this forum would be filled with posts about my screw-ups. But here’s an ordering one I’ve said lots of times before. At the beginning of my care-free DIY mixing days, I mistook TPA Malted Milk for a malted milk ball candy flavoring. Yeah, it isn’t that.

4 Likes

Why buyer’s remorse on such a great brand because the organic extracts are amazing and I have bought several of them. Those who love the fact that they are organic, without 98% alcohol, like the cheap brands would love it. Good flavor boost for all your baking needs. The scent is very very light as well. In the end, I think it comes down to preference as well. Try orange cream, watermelon and if you still don’t find it good, then change the brand.

4 Likes

First, welcome to ELR!
Glad you decided to participate (especially in support of a great brand!)

I think you misunderstood.
A few things perhaps…
First, you replied to my comment which was not about buyer’s remorse, but rather dissatisfaction (from a relatively new mixer’s standpoint) with their website layout.

It wasn’t easy back then* (and I haven’t checked it lately) to wade through the myriad of offerings (most of which were particularly “less than ideal” for vaping) in search of the flavorings that were easily beyond a doubt ‘safe to vape’.

• = the post you replied to was from 2017

For the record, I’ve always been very pleased with NF as a flavor manufacturer, once you know which lines (flavors) are safe to use!

They’re not only ultra potent (read as: usually 1% or lower) to use, but also very true to the name on the bottle matching the flavor you’re expecting. (Something a bit problematic in certain other companies, subject to the usual subjective opinion of course)

One of the biggest “side benefits” (as you allude to) is the fact that they are very well suited to people who have adverse reactions to PG, etc.

I dig NF! And they are a brand that IMO should be looked further into by anyone who has such sensitivities, as well as by those who enjoy great flavors that are used very sparingly!

If you have to keep your PG levels low, NF should be on the short list (right next to Flavorah and Medicine Flower) IMO.

8 Likes

[quote=“muth, post:140, topic:20884”]
Did you ever find out if there was “a noticeable difference in flavor between the organic and natural?” I have that same question, too.

4 Likes

No and I’m not the best person to ask because my experience with NF is limited. I would ask @Plunderdrum Hopefully he’ll respond to my tag.

3 Likes

@Plunderdrum is the NF sold at BCF organic?.It doesn’t specify on the label. And is there a flavor difference between the organic and non-organic? I remember when I made my first purchase straight from the NF website, I was encouraged to buy the organic for vaping purposes but I think it may have been out of health concerns by the vendor :thinking:

3 Likes

Thank you Muth! I have a lot to learn about this particular line. Seems like many hates it or many loves it. There is very little notes about NF in ELR, so it is just a giant guessing game!

4 Likes

It won’t be a guessing game when @Plunderdrum arrives because, to my knowledge, he’s used the most NF flavors out of all the mixers I know. If you browse his recipes you’ll find many recipes made with NF flavors. Iirc, he and his wife (or wife) has a PG sensitivity so he’s been using NF and other comparable flavors for a long time. I referred my friend who has a PG allergy to Plunderdrum and he helped him extensively. My friend struggled for years because his allergy is severe and causes rashes and his arms to swell. This doesn’t happen to many people but he’s one of the lucky ones, lol. (Poor guy, I feel for him).

ETA: I haven’t seen many complaints, actually. And because the price is right some wonder why NF hasn’t been used more extensively. I think part of the problem was that the website was too confusing for people searching for the vapeable flavors. NF refers to the ejuice flavors as extracts. We are used to seeing them referred to as concentrates everywhere else. No one wants to make the mistake of vaping the wrong product and having an adversary effect.

4 Likes

The problem with BCF and some other Re-bottlers is you don’t know exactly what your getting and they sometimes change the names of concentrates, like Cocoa SSA (SSA only makes a Sweet Cocoa not Cocoa ) and then they get entered into ELR database incorrectly…

One example: Brown Sugar (NF), that’s a BCF name. Nature Flavors has the following Brown Sugars:

Brown Sugar Extract (Organic)
Brown Sugar Concentrate (Organic)
Brown Sugar Extract (Natural)
Brown Sugar Concentrate (Natural)
(along with a host of Brown Sugar Oils and Powders)

So which one you get is only a guessing game….

The extracts are alcohol based and NF recommends a starting point of 0.25%
The concentrates are water soluble in a Natural Gum Acacia Base and NF recommends a starting point of 0.05%
so it appears that the Concentrates are more concentrated , based on the info I have seen but I am certainly no expert…
@Plunderdrum

6 Likes

Yes, I wish they would use the original labeling unless that’s something you can’t do when re-bottling? I wouldn’t know.

4 Likes