Natures oil flavors

I purchased VG, PG, and some flavors from bulk apothecary. I just figured the flavors were OK to mix n vape but as I’m doing some research I’m thinking they might not be OK. Idk what there made out of it doesn’t say on bottle so I requested the ingredients from them does anyone know if they are OK for recipes? I purchased the nature oils this is the link flavors.https://www.bulkapothecary.com/flavors-1/ I’m thinking I might of been fine if I bought the water soluble ones but pretty sure I messed up on this one.

Did you look real good on their site? Also, just an FYI, never vape oils, hence going by the name.

2 Likes

There was a link on the bottle but no no luck there unless I over looked it

I’m at their site. What did you get as in Name, flavor etc…, si I can navigate a little bit easier?

2 Likes

I’ve bought from there before for bulk brown glass bottles and stuff like that mainly as descent prices but never any flavors.

1 Like

I didn’t know the brand name had the word oil in it. Tbh I probably still would of bought it I was rushing to get my diy juice but I think I read a review that said they loved it for diy e liquid idk lesson learned I guess. I found this site after and bought tfa brand

on their homepage i went to menu-raw ingredients-flavors-flavors. I got the cotton candy, bubblegum, grape, and strawberry

Some flavorings are called oils when they’re really esters or extracts. If you can’t find anything definitive on their site stating that they’re water soluble you can test them yourself. This is far from scientific and the flavors may have other things that shouldn’t be vaped like sugars but try this.

Get a shot glass of water and add a few drops of food coloring. Now your water is colored. Drop a few drops of your flavor and see what it does. Does it mix? Does it stick together in drops? Mix it up with a tooth pic or little straw. Does it mix? If it mixes, leave it sit a while. If it separates or won’t mix at all, it’s probably oil.

If it stays mixed, it’s probably not oil, more likely to be safe enough to vape but like I said, this isn’t scientific. There can be other things in water soluble flavorings that are not so good to be vaping.

6 Likes

Ok, seems legit I guess but interesting that it doesn’t state the ingredients. What about the PG/VG Ratio, etc…? Just trying to help ya while I’m on here btw.

2 Likes

Exactly what @Mizzz_Z_Hobbit says.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll give that a try

1 Like

Thanx for chiming in btw as I’m not a chemist by far and just relating to what I’ve been learning as well about what Not to vape.

3 Likes

It doesn’t say anything about PG/VG or anything other than the name and a link to their homepage at bulk apothecary. I think its just for lip balms and candles. I thought I messed up so I got almost all the flavors from a different place and there TFA

1 Like

I requested all the ingredients in them from BA so hopefully they send me the info n I’ll post it here

1 Like

I gotta get going I’ll b back on tomorrow… Tysm for the help guys I appreciate it so much I love this site!

2 Likes

I’m still learning too. I had a couple oil based in my inventory when I first started. I never got around to testing them so I don’t know what would happen. Probably nothing worse than smoking but better safe than sorry. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I have to agree on the What would be worse. Just didn’t want them to be vaping ANY Oils as I heard they’re very dangerous. The strange thing I found in what @GoonJuice1 said was nothing at all on the label relating to any ingredients. Totally odd I think as I’ve looked over most of my store bought stuff from different companies and they all have stuff like PG/VG, Nic level, etc…

2 Likes

Hello…I’m still waiting on a response from BA but I did drop some in water and it beaded up like oil so maybe I’ll try n make lip balm, soap, n candles lol just can’t throw em out. Ty for the idea though pretty sure it worked great. I’m ordering up some more flavors now this time from a vape shop I want a really sweet candy flavored strawberry and a cotton candy I can use stand alone trying to figure that out now there’s so many to choose from.

1 Like

Some of them are alcohol based as the **This item is unable to be expedited or shipped internationally. ** tells us, that is for bubblegum.

If you find you cant use them for vaping maybe they could be used in candy making or baking too, ask and see what they say.

2 Likes

I wanted to make a jasmine tea using green tea with jasmine absolute pure essential oil. But to make sure, I asked my go to essential oil lady. She said to never ingest pure essential oils as the herbs, flowers or other plants have been extracted using hexane. However, I made a self experiment last year with fermented dill pickles using pure essential oils of dill and fennel…tasted very fine. I would not use them for vaping though

3 Likes