Need a New pod

Hey friends I’m in the market for a new pod. I’m looking for something small and compact with built in battery and with good flavor. Currently looking at the Smok Nord 5 and thinking about the Geek Vape Boost 60w. Anyone have any thoughts on either of those or a recommendation on something else.

5 Likes

@McDuckie I have two VOOPOO Argus Pro’s you’re welcome to have one if you wish, just let me know.

6 Likes

This one is the newer model. The P coils are supposed to be pretty good.

5 Likes

Vaporesso do a luxe x model might be worth a look pods range from mtl / Dtl and the new max goes up to 80 watts I’m sure the gtx coils are compatible with the pnp coils if that’s so you can use the bp mods coils as well …think I’ve just sold myself one as well

5 Likes

Thanks @Grabbo I’m going to be getting a Voopoo Argus Pro from @TimWV. Now I just need to figure out which coils I wanna use with it. A local shop sells the coils as singles so I can pick up a few different coils to see which ones I like best.

6 Likes

All the coils I mentioned above will fit in that as well and the rebuildable enjoy. Nice one @TimWV

5 Likes

@McDuckie, my personal first question would be why you need a pod kit. Personally, I have acquired a few SBS mods which I can use with my teeny tiny miniature (24mm) RDAs. Obviously, if you lean more towards MTL, then a pod will suit but there are countless compact DTL options out there.

This being one of my favoured walkies pocket rockets.

4 Likes

I’d go with pnp coils, like the Argus pro offered above, also can fit vaporesso gtx, wotofo smrt coils, maybe the luxe xr deluxe looks neat. Or Vinci 3, Argus

If you really want to get into something sweet a billet box, or pulse aio, both are boro pod system, will use most coils with an adapter, tons of rbas, very small and light pod setup, not as disposable as typical pods are for me, I’ve enjoyed it and stopped most of my pods.

4 Likes

I might be wrong, but I assume that’s he’s not after Boros - due to the fiddliness.

4 Likes

I’d like to thank @TimWV for the Voopoo Argus Pro. I’ve been using it all day with the supplied .30 coil @40w vaping my Cold Brew Irish Cream 6mg Max VG and the flavor is just spectacular. I didn’t know how a small sub ohm coil would do with a max Vg liquid but it’s really good.

11 Likes

Is this a more DL or restricted DL style? By the looks of the atty (pod) and it’s dt width, it doesn’t look MTL. But I could be wrong, I’m not very pod educated.

2 Likes

Definitely made for DL styled draw with fully open airflow it’s a good DL and closed down by half it’s a nice RDL. The cap can easily fit a 510 tip for MTL. I just got the RBA base and depending on the wicking it can go either way MTL or RDL. Though the RBA seems tailored more to a MTL style as it has a very small build deck and very restrictive airflow, even with very light cotton and light 50/50 juice.

2 Likes

You would be correct sir. My current go to mods are my Lost Vape Therion’s both original dna75bf and a dna75C dual 18650, both mods I run with Asmodus C4 RDA’s. The DNA 75c is in need of breakdown and cleaning and the other a Dna75BF squonk needs the internal plastic battery/squonk bottle frame replaced. So I just wanted a simple and compact pod type unit to use while I do the work on my favorite two mods.

2 Likes