Need advice...was in a car accident

Not exactly sure what you fixed… :laughing:

4 Likes

The way I see it car drivers are locked up in their tin cubicles for hours while I pass by and quickly get where I want to be. If I want to go a lot further than the bike can take me, we have a very good train system.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear, man! Glad it wasn’t worse than it was. I don’t have any advice to give, but I will definitely second what woftam said, be very careful what you say and how you word things. Hope you’re feeling better soon!

7 Likes

Glad to hear you’re in one piece.
I’ve been in 3 car accidents. One question. Did you call the police or did you just take the drivers information?

2 Likes

I have been in Love with Amsterdam for a long time now. Probably not for the reason most people think. Though that part is cool enough. The FOOD, the people, the atmosphere. I would live there if I could.

How awesome is it not having a car? It’s gotta be nice.

@Chrispdx I have been in an accident or two, I rolled my jeep this past winter when I hit some black ice. I’ll tell you what sucked the most out of the whole thing. First, it wasn’t the trauma of waking up with my head submerged in freezing ditch water or losing my shoe while crawling out the broken back window or even being out in the middle of BFE.
The very worst part was… My insurance going up so high that I had to put my new (other) vehicle in some one else’s name and putting the insurance in they’re name also. As a matter of fact, my name is nowhere near the car or the insurance.

3 Likes

Don’t talk to the opposing Car insurance company. Ever. Their job is to find some way you were partly responsible. It’s your insurance company’s job to negotiate with them. The other person ran a stop sign and likely got a ticket.the.end REST UP and make sure you are operationally restored vehicle-wise on the basis this was not your fault. Side collisions at speed can total cars because they are never able to be truly straightened. Leave the negotiations with a comparable or properly repaired car… accept NO checks. Best of luck

5 Likes

@Chrispdx don’t let the insurance company tell you where to take your car to get it fixed! You get to choose, don’t accept aftermarket parts you don’t have to! Do not sign anything that says you are giving up your right for the legal system! Do get a lawyer if you feel like something isn’t right, do go to the hospital and get everything documented! And be prepared to wait, they move slow so you get desperate!

4 Likes

Consider getting a dash cam next. I use one myself. Not just for other cars but people blindly walking into the street. They are getting cheaper in price by the day too. I use it not just while driving but also when I park. It is set to pop on if the car is moved or hit. So if anything happens, I have it on “tape”.

7 Likes

I’ve only been in one incident. I was rear ended and had a bit of neck pain. I believe that the best choice I ever made was to hire an attorney. Yes, he took 33% off the top of a $50,000 settlement, but all my of doctor bills were covered up front, I was put in to a rental that was actually usable. (I drive a pickup truck and they wanted to stick me in a small car.) And all of my paperwork was handled for the insurance and doctor settlements. All of the stress was off my shoulders. In the end I got a large chunk of money that I can use to pay for my insurance deductible for neck surgery when the need arises in the future and enough money left over to actually buy a nice upgrade form the vehicle I was driving.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kinda follow up. Much apreciated. Totally good advice.

2 Likes

Glad you are ok Chris! However, I don’t have any advice that wasn’t already covered … sorry about that. But I am glad that you are all right …

2 Likes

Most important you and your passengers if any are OK and get checked out whether you think you need or not. Hope you got witness statements if any The person at the accident that was driving the other car no longer exists, more than likely a greed rattled potentiometer now exists. It’s amazing how they can change. I actually got accused of backing into someone at an stop light when I got rear ended once. She started to tell the cop what I did when the guy next to me in the turn lane came back he gets out of his car the cop addressed him as captain and the lady changed her story. People are butts after an accident believe me

1 Like

glad you are ok , sorry to hear this happened

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad your ok. I’ve been in a cpl myself and seen a few with devastating fatalities. Not nice.
Sorry no advice that hasn’t already been covered.
But again glad your ok.

2 Likes

I also have no input other than to say that im glad you are alright.

3 Likes

Thanks for everybody for the great tips. I have been using all of the advice.

Love my vape family for sure.

@Ken_O_Where could we close the thread. I do want to keep elr more of vape related community. Just needed abit of other voices to suggest step. @JoJo

4 Likes