Need advice...was in a car accident

Short story. I may getting checked out now at my urgent care for the hospital I work for… Car wasn’t too bad but not driveable. The accident wasn’t my fault as the other driver ran the stop sign. Lucky that she hit the rear panel & tire and not my door.

Started the insurance claim. Got a rental car. Ect.

Any words of advice? Anything I should watch out for regarding the insurance handing? Ect. I’ve never been in an acciedent of this nature. Yes I’ve had basic body damage to the car…never t-boned. But never felt the need to get checked out.

4 Likes

Glad everyone is ok - have advice but probably wouldn’t be relevant as it would be relative to Australia but as a rule be very careful with your wording when describing the accident make sure there are no words used that can have a double meaning because sure as shit any insurance company will use any ambiguous meaning against you if they can.

13 Likes

Thanks buddy. As always I love my vape fam.

6 Likes

Many qoutes for the repairs and not just the visible damage, have them rack it, make sure the frame aint forever messed up, lots of things go wrong miles down the road due to an accident while back. Don’t have you car going sideways down the road like my '79 lebaron did.

4 Likes

Another thing came to mind, take your time in settling and see a doctor. You may not be aware just yet that u got knocked silly and may develop muscular probs.

4 Likes

Yeah. Good point. Just getting checked for safety for now. My ear has been ringing for the last 5 hours. Doctor says after looking, “abnormal” and I’m going to have someone look at it.

5 Likes

Hope there’s no permanent physical effects for you. Also glad you’re still with us and in one piece.

Hope things come out roses on the legal aspects.

3 Likes

@Chrispdx glad you seem to be ok man. Never any fun being in a car accident whether it is a small or big one.
A car can be replaced but you can’t.

Hope everything is sorted out and that the insurance doesn’t fuck you over in any way.

3 Likes

First of all glad you’re ok!
Beyond insurance handling, If they touched the frame, that car will hardly go straight again, have it thouroghly checked!

2 Likes

So glad you are okay! Hope the ear situation is sorted quickly. Hug :hugs:

4 Likes

I got no advice for you, different laws and never had a car but I’m sure glad you’re all right.

4 Likes

You have driven before though… Yes?

3 Likes

Nope, never learned how to drive. I live in a small country, it’s easy to get by without. Try to get a parking space in Amsterdam, it’s a royal PITA.
I get everywhere on my bike.
Now wait a minute, I’m lying. As a 16 year old I worked on a farm and our boss would pick us up with the car to take us back to the house for lunch.
I drove off without him one day and ended up in the canal. I probably decided then and there that driving wasn’t for me :smiley:

14 Likes

Wow - I cannot imagine living somewhere where i didn’t need a car. It would be cool but also a bit strange to me.

6 Likes

I find it a lot stranger to see people circling around for hours looking for a parking space. I just put my bike in the hallway.
When the roads are blocked at rush hour I use the pavement and wave at the suckers :bike: :fu:
They’re all sitting there honking their horns in frustration :rofl:

9 Likes

Yup i can see that in the city - but where i live the nearest traffic light is over 100 km away :grinning:

If i was in your position I would sit outside and wave every time they went by while having a cleansing ale vape

7 Likes

It’s not just traffic lights, its delivery trucks mostly that are blocking the roads. Our streets aren’t all that big in the city centre.
100 km and I’m either in Germany or Belgium already :sunglasses:

I don’t drink either :astonished:

5 Likes

Yeah, I did a lot of cycling while we were in Amsterdam! Loved it! Gorgeous place and awesome people and great food!

It’s just hard for me to picture not having the freedom a car provides though.

3 Likes

There fixed it.

4 Likes

Psst… Didn’t you mean to amend that to ether? :rofl:

4 Likes