Need assistance

Blending is a long and fun learning process.
It can be simple, or you can take it to a very elaborate process.
Simple: find a recipe that appeals to you, see comments and opinions, try it, adapt it if it is not suitable.
Elaborate: There are many mixers who when they buy aromas, they test them individually, at different percentages and take notes of the nuances in each percentage.
So don’t be in a hurry, it can be a fun hobby, or it can be full dedication.
Get familiar with the use of the calculator, browse the forum, there is a lot of accumulated knowledge, and if in doubt, ask without qualms.
Excuse my grammar, I use the translator.

Mixers that I like their style and I can get the flavors: Alisa, Vladimiros, Amy, Shaner, SmokyBlue and others that I have forgotten …

6 Likes

Hello https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/u/Gus6, I did not know about storing nicotine in the freezer.? Do I store PG and VG nicotine the the freezer? What about the PG and VG concentrate, do I store them in the freezer as well? What about flavors? I never thought to ask about storage of materials? All advice is welcome!

As far my favorite e juice’s I like a wide variety. Right now I’m vaping a Donuts flavor, a Grape Taffy Flavor, and Sweet and Sour Blackberry. I tend to like a strong sweet flavor, but not exclusively.

6 Likes

Thank you for giving me direction to like recipes and mixers, I appreciate it.

6 Likes

Yes

Dont need to

Cool , dark place is optimal but a room without lots of light is ok and room temp

6 Likes

How long is the “thaw or warm up” time before I can use the nicotine?

5 Likes

Doing a search “How to store nicotine” get this answers… There is a lot of accumulated knowledge, browse a while, guaranteed learning …

8 Likes

@Todd_M as far as the “thaw” of the NIC, there’s a few things to keep in mind. Some vendors state that NIC can be damaged by repeated freeze/thaw cycles. Also your VG or PG base will have a LOT to do with how long you have to wait before you use it. VG is MUCH thicker, and will be MUCH harder to fully shake and mix before using (to prevent HOT SPOTS), and PG will be much easier to use, even RIGHT out of the freezer. I only use 100% PG NIC, and take a small bottle out of the freezer, shake it, and use it right away.

The best rule is to break down your NIC into multiple smaller bottles, that way you are only opening, using, and freeze/thawing one small bottle at a time, and only exposing one small bottle to air. This way your remaining stash stays untouched, unopened, unexposed to air, until you open the NEXT small bottle.

7 Likes

I do this too. I am sure most of us do. right?

Oh, dude, it’s a wonderful day for sure.

6 Likes

Ok, got it. Do I shake all the ingredients before mixing, or just nicotine?

4 Likes

Shake everything before and after mixing.

5 Likes

Will do, appreciate it!

5 Likes

Agreed with @delltrapp, @Todd_M. Shakey shakey …

4 Likes

You would be SURPRISED @Dan_the_Man. I have helped countless mixers with varying issues, and I am always surprised when I ask to see their NIC, and many just toss a big jug into the fridge, or some even let sit out at room temp. I never dictate what anyone SHOULD do, but I can tell them what I DO, and why I do it, and hope it helps them out.

5 Likes

You gals and guys are all awesome. Just wanted to say that.

5 Likes

Im not 100pct sure …I have my extra nicotine in a freezer . When I bring it out i put it in a refriderator where i store my flavors and my opened nicotine. Vg nicotine get very thick but does not freeze and needs a little time to unthicken ( is unthicken a word) it should be the same consistency as your VG base , Pg based nicotine also thickens while in freezer but not so much that you can’t shake it and use it …

3 Likes

I ordered the PG based nicotine its seem to be the winner in most of the responses, and the reasons make good sense. I’m sure I’ll make mistakes but I’m excited. Now the hard part…waiting.

4 Likes

Great…Thats what i use as well , I do have 500ml of VG based but that was an accident . Good Luck , read , research and ask then you will be fine …

2 Likes

@Todd_M 100% PG NIC will be the easiest to work with. If you have never handled high MG NIC, you should take some safety precautions before you do. Nothing wrong with wearing safety glasses, or at least gloves at a bare mininum, and get ready for a spill JUST in case it happens. Keep away from kids, pets, etc.

5 Likes

Been mixing for over 5 years and just had my first spill 120ml of Salt Nic smfh…first spill ever so it DOES happen

5 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes I think the first and only one I had was shocking, breaking down a liter of 100mg NIC into I think 120ml bottles. NIC was fully shaken, but just out of freezer. Poured into the bottles, leaving maybe 1/4" of headroom, capped, continued filling other bottles, and before I got done, I heard a “popping” noise. I’m like “WTF” !!!. I see a few of the caps actually popped off. WTF ??. Didn’t think PG expanded at all when warming, but something did. Rushing to get all the bottles in ziplocks, and a few “clinked” together, and they broke !!! NICE little mess of 100mg.

LEARNED from that, and now leave almost an inch of headroom now (sometimes more), top off with Argon to displace ALL the air, cap, tape, and ziplock, and have NEVER had an issue.

Luckily I was prepared for it.

6 Likes