Need assistance

I’ve been vaping for 5 years now. It was the ONLY thing that kept me from smoking cigarettes’. I’m fed up with buying e juice, the prices keep going up and up, and regulations are getting worse, so i’m going to try the DIY thing. But I have NO experience doing it. So, my questions are going to be noob questions. I see a recipe called “CRONUT” I ordered all the flavors and I understand the measurements part of it, but I want to add Nicotine to it, I vape 3mg on all my juice. The recipe doesn’t include Nicotine, I want to add Nicotine to that recipe (3mg). How can I do that? How much do I add? Does that change the other measurements in the recipe? Any help would be much appreciated!

10 Likes

Create Recipe under desired strength put 3 , after that you will fill out the rest of the info required.

Depends on the strength of your Nicotine and how many ML of liquid you are making .

It can chamge the ratio of VG and PG depending on the base of your Nicotine …The Calculator is fairly easy …I use 100mg/ml PG based Nicotine so for every 30ml i make 0.9ml of nicotine is added to get the desire 3mg of nicotine …This can change though , if you have a 48mg/ml5 nicotine than obviously you will be adding more nicotine

Someone will come along and show the calcultor and circle areas you need to fill in , I don’t know how to do that

8 Likes

Welcome mate, it’s a good place for asking newbie questions.

If the recipe is on here, you can click on the wrench near the top and then click “Adapt This”. You will then be able to adjust the Nic and anything else you wish to change. It is pretty easy to use but if you get stuck just ask away.

7 Likes

Check out Beginner's Guide to Using The ELR Recipe Calculator and it will help you to get used to the calculator. :grinning:

7 Likes

This might help

6 Likes

Neither do I, but I wil try to explain without the circles :grin: Not to you of course but to @Todd_M

You go to the CRONUT recipe and click the blue wrench at the top right and choose adapt this.

After you choose adapt this, you’re getting this

Now you can change anything you like. It says 30 ml, but you can make it any amount you want.
I filled in the desired strength at 3, since that’s what you want.

You now have to look at the box that says nicotine strength, I’ve got that set at 100 mg, since that’s the strength that I have.
Be careful with that, make sure you put it at the right strength for what you have and the calculator will tell you exactly how much to add.

Good luck and enjoy and don’t forget to not get frustrated because it doesn’t instantly work.
Patience my dear, patience :sweat_smile:

Before I forget, this recipe will need some time to develop. Creams and custards take time to settle, don’t expect to make it and vape it directly.
That’s one of the frustrating parts, waiting a month before your recipe has steeped long enough :nauseated_face:

11 Likes

@Todd_M, you’ve got some pretty good responses above, and I didn’t see you mention what NIC you are using. What strength NIC, and PG/VG ratio are you using as your base ?

6 Likes

Yes yes. Yes, indeed. That is what he needed.

7 Likes

I want to thank everyone for their responses, you all are amazing! I now know how to start the process and will give it a go when I receive all the materials I ordered. Excited and nervous at the same time. This could be a game changer for me.

8 Likes

Hello, I ordered 100mg VG base for Nicotine, and I like my Vapes 50/50 PG/VG. I have always purchased my e juice with mostly 3mg nicotine and 50/50 pg/vg with my favorite flavors.

7 Likes

Thank you, very much appreciated!

8 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

Excellent guide Jose. I was going to do the same thing but you beat me to it. Warped minds think alike, I guess.

7 Likes

Just my two cents worth, unless your trying for Max VG in your mixes, I think PG based Nic is easier to work with. And that’s what I use, VG is a lot thicker viscosity so make sure to shake it well or you’ll end up with hot spots :ok_hand:

9 Likes

I did not know that, I will have to see how it goes and most likely order the PG Nicotine as well later down the road. Thanks for the tip!

7 Likes

I gotta say I was hesitant on coming to this site, thought I get laughed outta here or worse, but I should have done this years ago. Ya all know how to make a person feel welcome. Can’t thank ya all enough!

10 Likes

Awesome…No need for circles, I need to learn how to share the calculator like that…ty

7 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

8 Likes

You can put it in some hot water, not too long or your nicotine will go bad. Just long enough for the VG to thin a little. Makes it easier to shake.

No way, we’re not like that here. Anybody who does will have to deal with me :axe: :funeral_urn:
We were all noobs at some point and impatient to get started.
I remember that like it was yesterday. I’ve been helped along the way by lots of nice and friendly people and I will continue to pay that forward if I can. :hugs:

8 Likes

Oh yes it will be. It is a game changer for all of us. You are gonna save some serious cash. The hard part now is NOT buying every flavor you see. LOL. That’s the hard part.

Be sure to put all of your concentrates into your stash and make it public so that the rest of can see what you have and it will be easier for us to give advice and such. There are a lot of materials to read that will help in your journey. It’s important to put your concentrates into the database properly. What I mean by that is Capitalization and spelling are very important. Anywho, here is somewhere to start.

7 Likes