Need help (% check and competability revise from a pro

Thanks for your kind reply @Fishaddict420,
I will start with one strawberry flv with one cream flavour, mix, steep, check and make notes. Add another cream then and repeat the cycle again as you illustrated and as i understood :blush:

But the problem seems to be the type of strawberrys i used… I will get strawberry fa or shisha strawberry inw next order.

I am now already preparing some single flavours to be steeped and checked later so i can understand how the flavour behave in vaping and also check my palate limits of each flavour.

Thanks for your advice, appreciate it :hugs:

4 Likes

I think i can get FA flavours here in Egypt, also some of the mentioned strawberries… I will order some and see what is the problem, flavour or my tounge :thinking:

3 Likes

Sucks too much for me ( i had to vape base without flavours some times rather smoking) i quite 2 years ago and was struggling since then trying to self learn vaping, now i am crafting my own coils and trying to mix my own juce too as all the market here unfortunately SUCKS. :sob:
But i am on it till i get this right :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Don’t give up… trial and error, as long as you are keeping your notes on what it is you are doing (Mixing) and what your tounge is telling you… you will be fine. Stick with the solos for now @Hixer_Mixer… find where you taste and yes, pick up those strawberries… the other is to find a contrasting fruit, and see if you can taste that too. Like Blueberry or Dragon fruit. Even orange will work. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s why you still have to single flavor test your strawberry before adding creams, you have to like the strawberry by itself or you won’t like it with creams either most likely.

Some people need several types of strawberries mixed together before they are happy with the taste, but the same process can be used with any types of flavor as long as you single flavor test one of the flavors you have a baseline to go off of.

Keep in mind that you can make all your recipes like this, but it’s better in the long run to just use this method to get one or two recipes going that you like so you have something to vape all day, and then continue to test all your other flavors solo, which will allow you to build better tasting recipes in the future without having to go through the whole process.

4 Likes

That’s exactly what i am up to… Getting one Toppaco flavour anf one strawberry cream flavour based on the flavours i have for now…
Meanwhile, i am making single flavour bites to check my palate sensitivity limits with every flavour i have…
So i can understand every flavor and in the same time i have a stock to be fed in during these testings :grinning:

5 Likes

Remember, you will need to work your solos every few months too, keep notes!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Believe me, i am keeping notes of my vape juices results more than i do with my work as a mechanical engineer :nerd_face::hugs:

4 Likes

Sorry for the stereotypes, but being in Egypt your tastes are probably used to herbals and spices. You are also likely to be used to quite sweet tastes.
Don’t dismiss stuff like black tea (fa is fine), peppermint ( fa is fine as well), black pepper (Fa). Something like 1.6% black tea fa, .4-.6 peppermint fa, .6 sweetness flavorah would give you a very short steep fallback.
Mango or pineapple + cardamom or a citrus + cinnamon would be quick steepers as well. Couple days should be fine.
As to alpine strawberry, it is a great tool, but I am not sure I would want it as the only strawberry in a strawberry dominated recipe. I tend to use RF SC + strawberry juicy FA at the moment for that, not that I am super happy with it yet.

3 Likes

Thanks @SuperFrog for your kind advice, appreciate it.
I did like herbals and spices taste indeed, its my plan to create my ADV juce as (dark toppaco mixed with something cardamom, liquorice, anis…etc in a smokey note) but i started with creams trying to fully understand it as my first baby steps in DIYing according to a friend’s recommendation not to start with tobbacos as my first DIY mixing steps.
I was just wondering really if i can use any other fruits ( as i thought my palate dont recognize strawberry taste) but respectable fellow mixers here illuminate my path with the other strawberry flavour (alpine ST FA) which i am waiting to order by the next month…(i found FA supplier) :nerd_face:
Also i am a big fan of pineapple and mango (the other juice i LOVE is cushman nasty mango as i liked the sour sparkling exhale i felt with it)… I think i will try them too with cactus (which i cant even imagine what it tastes like, but it could be fun i guess).
About black tea, its our no1 soft drink here in egypt (i am a coffee-man myself, not much black tea but still love it especially if flavoured with peppermint or strawberry), but i heared alot of bad reviews about it, but still i would give it a try too…
Feels so exciting right now with flavours i have and others i am waiting to explore … Can’t wait to check ALL these flavours :grinning:.

3 Likes

Alpine strawberry is flavorah.

Kactus from inawera is reproducing something you have around, I believe.

Not been to Egypt, but both Portugal and Morocco have a lot of these.

If you are ordering flavours, I would get red burley flavorah and oriental tobacco flavorah for dark tobaccoes. Really concentrated as well.
Your tobacco idea sounds easier to achieve than getting a decent strawberry and cream

2 Likes

I have been in a wrong informations then, i will try to get these tobbaco flavours…i was about to get (perque black and toscan reserve from FA) i think i will check for red burley and oriental tobacco flavorah if available… Cardamom i think fa… But should i add any additions as an icing… Any thing for smokey note (ex: black fire fa), i have also oakwood fa…
I guess i will get the tobbaco flavours, single check and see what to do…
Thanks for your cooperation @SuperFrog, appreciate it :hugs:

4 Likes

The ones you were after are probably fine as well. I just find these two to be easy to work with.

3 Likes

Flavorah’s tobaccos, fruits, creams and sweets are just to drool over, Hixer…
My concern is that FLV does have “dangerous goods” alcohols… and I am not sure what you can import… but if you need any help with flv flavors… here is my elr link… more than welcome to scroll thru it…

e-Liquid Calculator

3 Likes

Problem is i cant order any thing across boarders (the only time i did customs hold it and it was a “check shot” of a spare glass and some coils)… I order from a local supplier :hugs:
Unfortunately, the only tobbaco i have access to are TFA and FA… Other flavour manufacturers are very hard to get… But i think the Government in their way to legalise e-cigarettes, if so, i think these flavours might be available…
I think i will try with the available untill i can acquire enough experience to go nonstop😀,

But @anon84779643 you already makes me so excited to check flavourah’s available flavours :yum:

4 Likes

Just keep trying, @Hixer_Mixer :slight_smile: all you can do…

2 Likes