Need help (% check and competability revise from a pro

Hello friends,
Hope everyine enjoying your day/night wherever you are…
I did some recipes that i needs advice about the % if any exceeds or under the wise limit

Note: i have did them 10 days ago ang i ran out of juice so i am VAPING them now, but it’s not what i was willing as the flavour strength.

Thanks for your kind help…
H. M.

2 Likes

??

Have you done any solo testing with any of these flavors, starting from very low to very high?

If I give you percentage amounts, they will be based off my tounge and what I like… not what you like… we are all different, and unless you put the work in, based on your tounge, you might not like what you use…

If you need some help in understanding… I wrote up a note on my site… even tho it is based on Flavorah flavors… it works for any other manufacture too.

Hope you have a good set of scales… the aws501 is the most common used.

5 Likes

Thanks @anon84779643 for your kind advice of solo testing, but unfortunately i did not do so (i decided to give it a try all together thinking i might know their behavior towards eachother but it seems soo wrong). But honestly i needed some juice to vape and i think wrong way of getting a multi flavour mix.
I will do single testing to check my palate sensitivity, but my problem is i didnt have this luxury with time as i am vaping alot and tobbaco is steeping slowly anf i dont know what to do…
Every time i mixed more than 3 flvs its a miss or shit juce, i have to vape it as i dont have any subs but i am not enjoying it AT ALL :grimacing:
So, i am now Going for a single flv test.

3 Likes

Start with your favorite single types of flavor…
once you have a few, then you can combine and adjust them a bit better.
It will turn your mixing into better tasting juices, promise.

If you take the time now… then when you do get the hang of complex… the solos will still bring you some changes… always test solos.

Your taste buds change, every 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months and 3 yrs… by the time 3 yrs roll around, you are no longer where you are at now :wink:

I really hope this helps you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think i will start with (ry4d tfa, western tfa, bavarian cream tfa, vbic tfa) as a start with 3% all and 4% ry4d… (is this ok?) in a 15 ml 70/30 0mg nic, steep them for a week and check then.:grinning:

Thank you for your advice, it really halps :hugs:

2 Likes

How I would do standard flavors… (I only work with ultras, sorry)
I would search on the flavor list found here

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors

and I would look at the range being used. say ry4 tfa

Look for the lowest and go about .25% lower than the lowest and then work up… find where you taste it best… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was willing to start with average or lower than average to minimize the time required, but i will do it your way (you know more than i do definitely :hugs:) and see what happens.

Thanks @anon84779643, appreciate it.

3 Likes

The reason I say to try your solos like this, is to gauge when you start to taste, and then when you can taste, and last… when it is too much.

there are a ton of ways to “winging” juice making… nothing is perfect… but finding those spots and keeping notes… your own tongue will be the best tool you have… take time to get to know the flavors you are working with and the results will show… you will be making good juice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also… go find some fruits you might like… fruits steep much quicker… while you wait on the rest to mature…
(like less than 24 hours) just remember… shake all of your bottles… nic flavors and juices before using.

5 Likes

I have strawberry ripe tfa and sweet strawberry cap… I tried to mix them with cream (bvr cr and vbic) and all i got is cream only and no strawberries at all… I will solo them and vape while waiting others🤓

2 Likes

anything with cream is going to need to sit for a bit…

for your strawberries…

I never liked cap sweet strawberry… even as high as 15% :wink:

Strawberry ripe… try it at 5% and 7% and see which one tastes better…

3 Likes

I did steep for 10 days after i taste it and it was no strawberries buy good cream only.
I use strawberry ripe tfa at 3 to 6 % and sweet strawberry cap at 2 to 4%…
I will give them both a try single and see…

3 Likes

This is why it is important to test them out as solos to see where you do start to taste them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For your unicorn milk just mix this its better than the original

3 Likes

Thanks for this recipe, i have already found it on elr 2 days ago and i intended to mix it. Its perfect to have a recommend for it.
I will do it tomorrow of course.
Thanks again @GuernseyNick for your kind reply :hugs:

2 Likes

I completely understand running out of juice and needing something immediately!!! That sucks beyond belief.

3 Likes

hey Smoky, if he can’t taste the strawberry could it be he needs something like that alpine?

3 Likes

if he can buy it, he could try it out… unsure of his location @authormichellehughes :slight_smile:

if he does buy it… he will only need 1-2 bottle drops in 30ml to find out.

3 Likes

Here is an easy shortcut for your strawberries and cream type mix…only mix 5-10ml bottles at a time at first, and single flavor test your strawberry. Find the % that tastes good to you, starting low and working higher till you find the flavor you like. Then take the cream you like the smell of best, and add 1-2% of it to your strawberry at the % you like.

Give it a week or two, taste it, and take notes, I put mine in the comment section of my recipe and keep the recipe private. If it needs more cream, add more to the next one, if you can taste the cream but it feels like it’s missing something then smell your other creams till you find what it’s missing, then add that in to the next mix at 1-2%. Keep doing this until it tastes like something you would be happy having 30 ml of, and make a bigger batch

These percentages will work for most creams from tfa cap & fw, but companies like inw, fa, flv etc. will often need much less, sometimes less than 0.5% for dominant cream flavor. While your doing this you can also mix other single flavors that will be more complex, like your RY4’s, custard, tobaccos etc. as they will take longer to steep.

4 Likes

On the average RDA, you should be able to taste SB Ripe at around 5% and you should be able to push it up to 8-10%. If not, you may be one of the people who have serious issues with strawberries. This one does contain a lot of Ethyl Maltol, which may mute your flavor and in combination with other EM containing flavors, you can easily destroy your mix.
Sweet strawberry is something a lot of people have issues with. I can taste strawberries fine usually, but sweet strawberry is especially weak to me and will drown in a sea of creams. Besides that, I find it a very flat strawberry as well, not a complex flavor at all, rather boring.

Strawberries that are stronger and easier to work with, are Shisha Strawberry (INW), Strawberry TPA, Strawberry SC Real Flavors, Strawberry Red Touch (FA), Juicy Strawberry (FA) and Alpine Strawberry (Flavorah). Like Smoky said, 1 or 2 drops in 30ml are enough for that last one, so don’t test that in a 5-10ml bottle.
SB Ripe and Sweet strawberry are probably the most used strawberries, so it doesn’t surprise me that so many people complain they’re SB blind…

4 Likes