Need help finding my new tank

I currently use vaporesso’s gtx 22 tank, 0.8ohm coil with 50/50 e-liquid(12mg), works perfectly, how ever!, it leaks like crazy, im always wet figures when removing top to refill or change coils, i know i could use a higher VG juice, but i dont wanna, so ive been looking into a new tank that sports a .8ohm coil, hard to find, im DTL, even with my caliburn G .8ohm pod system.
found a zenith 2 from innokin, but the openings where the juice soaks into the fiber look kinda small, might make a good MTL, but id rather not, its got a 5.5ml tanks which is great, but again it seems to be a MTL only, which sucks, anyone know of any good .8ohm coiled tanks?, non pod, something more then 2ml, my caliburn G is 2ml and a little battery sooo, not my main vape, rockin a target 200 mod with that gtx 22 tank leaking on top(18watt, last long time).

2 Likes

Hi there, welcome to the forum :wave:
This is not my area of expertise but one tank came to mind that might fit - the Nautilus 3 from Aspire. There’s a 0.7ohm coil with it and I’m reliably informed that you can increase the capacity to 8ml using a bubble glass from a Falcon King.
In the meantime you might try changing out your o rings to help with the leaking.

4 Likes

yeah i have seen the nautilas 3, but idk how different the 7 is, i notice that the lower the ohm, the more the liquid leaks past the mesh and puddles in the air ways at the base of the tank, which is also where the gtx 22 tank leaks, the o ring is for the 510 connection and the coil base, .8ohm seems to be the line, but can leak when i fill 3.5ml half way, but after clearing the liquid it no longer leaks, until i refill, can’t be the coil rings because it happens with all of them, maybe i could try mixing a 60/40 VG/PG and see if that helps, then i wont need to change tanks, although i would prefer a 5ml tank as i like to keep track of how much im smoking, currently i use up a 30ml bottle in 6 to 7 days using a 3.5ml tank and a 2ml pod during work, so keeping that usage is important for budgeting, and the less i spend the better, not sure about the aspire coils, i experience with the xros 2 pods and the caliburn g pods are way different, xros 2 has barely any flavor, sometimes none, while the G has flavor always, not sure how the gtx coils and the aspire ones differ, but ill look back into the nautilus 3, hopefully i can find a near supplier of their coils, thats more problems, delivery times and shipping costs, thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

You need to find a small tight MTL tank or pod if you adamant on using a 50/50 mix.
Sub-ohm tanks have larger wicking holes and airflow, requiring thicker juice, usually 70/30 or thicker.

3 Likes

Atmizoo Tripod out of Greece, beautifully machined piece of kit, has inserts for airflow, single coil and built to last

3 Likes