Need help getting apple to shine in this recipe

Howdy folks. Back at trying to nail this recipe . Got the base down but really having a problem getting any apple flavor. Driving me a bit nuts. Have spent a good amount of time researching.

Here is my base:

Last attempt I used FA Fuji at 1.5% and Apple SC RF at 2% but didn’t really get any apple flavor. I want the apple flavor to be out front.

Here are what apple flavors I currently have…I don’t want buy anymore at this time. apples

Also considering adding amber for that baked taste or maybe something like white peach to add some accent. Any help would be appreciated.

6 Likes

the recipes is marked as private but Fuji loves to fade and I don’t know how Double Apple would work but I do like that flavor to push juiciness in Watermelon so might work here?

4 Likes

Recipe should be visible now.

5 Likes

I found this by Kopel https://www.ejuicemakers.com/lab-kopel-1-flavor-layering-aka-building-better-apple-pie/ and he states lemon can boost apple and gives a pretty good recipe on how he did it if you’re interested.

5 Likes

Try to combine your double apple with two aoples and if you have Pear either FA or INW at .5pct may push the apple note

7 Likes

thanks. doing a sample of apples now. I do have the FA Pear I’ve never used so will try that.

7 Likes

Btw i have never used two apples …ive heard great things …I saw that you didn’t want to buy anymore apples butbif you ever do this recipe would benefit from Purilium Country Apple…

6 Likes

ha don’t do that to me. I’ve got 267 flavors with well over half I’ve never used. The bug bit me badly. Actually going to go through my stash and try to sell some of it.

5 Likes

I hear you completely …I was once at 1700and widdled it down to whatever I habe now…maybe 1480

5 Likes

@scifoc You’ve got some good answers, but it’ll be up to your tastes in the end. With almost 7.5% fighting against your apple pie filling I can see why it’s getting lost. I’m thinking the double apple as well, and fuji on the top. I think you need more apple too, and then some sparkle on the top, being pear, lemon, etc.

4 Likes

Have you considered droppimg the creams by 50pct and boosting your apples

6 Likes

Lol
10char

5 Likes

I have but that base works great as an ice cream in other recipes.

5 Likes

Ya i get that , my only concern is how light of a fruit Apples seem to be , I do like Sessions idea of Fuji with double apple with the apple filling … It’s going to be tough to have the apples sitting on top of that cream…ill be interested in seeing where you take this

5 Likes

Agreed @fidalgo_vapes. I was afraid with mentions of pear and lemon to boost the apple, but I think there’s going to need to be more APPLE in the apple if you know what I mean. I’ve never tried Apple Pie Filling with Double Apple, but they may play nice. Fuji, pear, lemon can take it from there. The seemingly obvious thing is to keep the creams % ratios the same but drop them overall.

4 Likes

Thanks, will try that.

4 Likes

Ya I didnt even look at the Creams at first…just paid attention tonthe Apples…

4 Likes

The Apple Pie Filling is a, well, filling lol, with apple’s, spice, and everything nice, while the Double Apple is kind of a green and red apple, so it will be interesting how they pair. I wonder if FA Liquid Amber would help out here, or not, even with it’s “cider”-ish-ness quality.

3 Likes

LOL, only reason I did, was I’ve tried this before, and I love da creams, and had a hard time with the same issue. I think I had to lower the overall creams, same ratios, but lower overall to get the fruits to SHARE the stage with the creams.

4 Likes

I think all cream lovers go through that …i still do it , then readjust b4 mixing EASY thing to do

4 Likes