Need help on a Smok tank/long post sorry in advance

So this past Christmas I asked for another Smok Alien 220 mod box as I already had one but needed one for my Uwell tanks and liked the Alien 220 well enough that I wanted another.
I wound up getting a whole kit with that I assume is the first Bib Baby tank that was released,I in turn gave the tank to my father because I bought him a new mod for Christmas as well I get a call from him telling me it leaked lie Niagara falls this past weekend this is no surprise to me as I though the vacuum was not right from the word go and I warned him to take his Big Baby Beast with him,as he drive for the postal service.
Tanks will leak however if your filling a new tank or replacing a coil its a good practice to wet your “O” rings with a little E-liquid before you fill the tank this seems to have fixed the problem for me and I did this for the tank I mentioned above yet it still leaked.
At any rate I’ve been looking around to find something easy to fill for someone who has no clue about maintaining tanks and coils in fact filling a tank is a pain for him unless he is sitting still with a roll of paper towels:grinning:
So I’m going to replace his tank with the Smok Prince but would like to hear from anyone who has one of these and what your impression of it so far.

2 Likes

I have two Prince tanks. They’re quite airy for me, and if I restrict too much airflow I get the dreaded whistle. Now I don’t mind the airflow, I just think it reduces the flavour (just my opinion). I swapped the bubble tank for the straight one and this didn’t seem to help. I used to have Baby Beasts but they’ve been retired. If you’re set on a Smok, personally I prefer the Big Baby over the Prince - flavour is better even with airflow wide open. Occasionally it’ll dump a tank, but I find that’s when it’s overdue a new coil, and it is only occasionally.

Wotofo Flow is another decent one for stock coils. More of a pain in the ass to refill though (I’m lazy).

Hope this helps…ish :rofl:

2 Likes

Try taking out the rubber seal by the fill hole make sure it’s not damaged and put it back. It sounds weird but sometimes that’s the problem.

1 Like

Let me say this, I hate everything smok, so my opinion might be very biased.

But I’ll try without getting into too much negativity to help.

I got leakage with the baby tank if

• my juices were below 80/20
  • if I needed to replace the coil
  • if I wasn’t vaping high enough wattage and the juice couldn’t evaporate properly
  • if I only took not long enough puffs
  • if I tried purging the tank
  • if it stood around for a bit, like 8 hrs before I got off work and it wasn’t used in between
  • if I assembled the coil incorrectly
  • if the coil itself were defect.

Maybe one of these points apply here as well.

3 Likes

@Tim317 The prince is fair for a subohm. It is very easy to fill though ( sounds like that is what you want ). The top of the tank slides out of the way but stays connected, you fill it and slide it back and it locks into place.

The coils are expensive to replace and as @Lolly says, if you want less air flo then your gonna get a nice little whistle, which for me is a deal breaker.

Hope that helps

3 Likes

thanks so much for the input I agree I’m stuck on my uwell Valayrian,and even the crown 3 seems to get better flavor than my Big Baby beast.
I’ve gone looking for something else and as its not for me,what I can handle and what the other person might be able to handle or likes is another thing all together and what I mean is him going off on a coughing jag.
And I’m working with someone who’s hard headed my own father but if I can get him off the smokes I’m going to do what I’ve got to do.
I think I’m going to set him up with the Valayria he is also only able to tolerate spearmint,and of course I think its a mix of several things that went on with this leaky tank,House blend brand E-liquids if I’m not mistaken are 50/50 so I’ve got spearmint and can make it 30/70.
Estorm mentioned something I’ve only had trouble with once and that was with my Crown 3 if you don’t bring them up to the proper wattage starting at 70 watts they will leak.
I do believe I’ll pass on getting him the Smok Prince tank.
Anyway I want to thank all of you once again for your thoughts and input.
Tim

1 Like