Need help on picking what mod to get

Sorry for your price code. quitter1 just posted new code for 33.87 code (i love You ) see if they will honor it.

1 Like

No worries. Itā€™s only $2.50 I donā€™t wanna be this kid.

1 Like

I donā€™t know whatā€™s best - But I know Samsung 25R and LG HE2/HE4 are good! :smile:

1 Like

Oh my goodness, is that little baby John Cusack?? I think I may have to watch this movie. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve almost got it figured out, you need to look at the continuous (not maximum) discharge rating. It should be 30A or higher. Is that right? So my purple EFest 20A/35A 2500mAh batteries probably shouldnā€™t be run over 60 watts either. Iā€™ve been looking thru http://www.steam-engine.org/batt.asp at the different battery presets, and all the 20A batteries are OK at 50W, but it takes a 30A or higher battery to have a decent amount of headroom at 75W. The Sony VTC5 battery looks really good for pushing the single 18650 Wattage ceiling if you can find a real one.

Thereā€™s also something about C rating which may have something to do with the continuous discharge rating, but I havenā€™t got that figured out at all. :sweat:

This one baffles me as well. Especially since many of the batteries out there donā€™t publish it. Looks important, sounds important.

1 Like

Better Off Dead is the best bad movie from the 80s. After a screening John Cusack reportedly told the director it ā€œwas the worst thing I have ever seen. I will never trust you as a director ever again, so donā€™t speak to me.ā€ :open_mouth:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t the danger really come from mech or unregulated mods? Iā€™ve always believed with regulated mods itā€™s not much a concern.

Iā€™d like a definitive answer to that too. Been reading and reading the last 2 hours and Iā€™m leaning toward ā€œnoā€. I think you can still do some damage trying to draw too much from a low discharge battery. From what Iā€™ve read you can damage your battery and wear it out prematurely. I donā€™t know whether that means it just wonā€™t hold a charge or it means something much more severe.

Iā€™m putting out some feelers, but if anyone here knows, please share!

The dangers are reduced in a regulated mod, but absolutely they still need to be used sensibly. Iā€™ll leave the technical details to those more qualified, but I see the real world experiences everyday. I work for a company that distributes devices that include batteries with similar chemistry to the batteries we vape on. Every few days we get a user in that has a battery that has overheated and vented from what might otherwise be considered normal usage. Now they may not catch fire and explode like some of the stories you hear about with mech mods. They definitely can inflate and leak and release toxic fumes that you really donā€™t want to be near when it happens. And fire is a risk even in regulated mods if you are driving the batteries too hard.

1 Like