Need help picking out an ultrasonic cleaner

Utrasonic cleaner.
I’m ready to do it, so I figure you guys can help me pick one out. I’d like to keep it under $100 and it would also second as a jewelry cleaner for the Queen.
I know several people here have one, so lets hear it fam, what’s good?
And, of course, please, thank you and Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Am interested to see recommendations as well. Been eyeballing this one at @$90 with free shipping if anyone has comments on it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainless-Steel-3L-Liter-Industry-Heated-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Heater-w-Timer-/221717688686?hash=item339f67716e:g:svkAAOSwv0tVB-3H

2 Likes

Why the 3l over the 2l? Curious why…

1 Like

Still in the sub $100 range and if you read the physical dimensions these things are kind of tiny. I wouldn’t mind fitting a few more bottles in per cycle. Would also double as a cleaner for tanks, coils, attys, wire, and tools.

Specs for 3L:
Tank Size: 9 1/2"×5 1/2"×4" (L x W x H)
Ultrasonic Cleaner Size: 11"×7"×8 1/2" (L x W x H)

Specs for 2L:
Tank Size: 6 "×5 1/4 "×4 " (L x W x H)
Ultrasonic Cleaner Size: 6 3/4 "×6 1/4 “×7” (L x W x H)

1 Like

I’ve got a 2L, and it’s actually not that big :slightly_smiling: I kinda wish I got the 3L now, but I’m pretty happy with mine…

3 Likes

I got this one, but I have nothing to compare it to since it’s the only one I’ve ever used. Does a great job although the heat doesn’t seem to be very high at all. My tap water is hotter.

3 Likes

Here is the one I picked up a while back.I went ahead and got the three liter as I will also use it for other things.I am very pleased with it and it may be the same as what Benny posted.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-3L-Liter-Industry-Heated-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Heater-w-Timer-New-/281725340547?hash=item4198238b83:g:NsUAAOSwHnFVpNAy

2 Likes

Just found that same USC on Amazon for a dollar cheaper w/free shipping…delivery expected in betwixt Dec. 31-Jan 6…I jumped on it…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll be interested to see what you think of it.

@BoyHowdy Thanks for the comments, looks like the same one.

3 Likes

The style like I have is the opposite in terms of heating , I now set my temp at 45 degrees Celsius.Once the water comes to temp I turn the heating function off and start the cleaning cycle.I usually do 15 minutes on/off for a two hour period.I do shake the bottles before starting each cleaning cycle.
If you leave the heater on it will go well past what you have set.I did ruin a small batch of 10ml test samples at first because I had forgotten to turn the heater off.I do like it and I agree with most that it will take a week off of steep times.That being said if I was simply wanting to have something to mix juice I would probably be more inclined to pick up a hotplate/stirrer setup as I think they are better suited for that application.Everything it seems is a compromise in one way or another.I have no problem placing 10 120ml bottles in the USC but most hotplate/stirrers I have seen the price really climbs over two stations.
Here is one that I was looking at but I have heard no reviews about how well it works.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Units-Heads-Multi-unit-Digital-Thermostatic-Magnetic-Stirrer-Hotplate-mixer-/400780912730?hash=item5d5067685a:g:yV4AAOxy4dNS1Nhv

1 Like

Pushing this old topic back to the top…
My wife and I have been having a hard time coming up with something for Christmas for me… I said well how about a Ultrasonic cleaner (do I “need” it… no), it would be nice (I believe) to clean tanks and such… might even try and start a steep in it. I want to stay under 100 dollars but want to have at least 100 watts power to the ultrasonic, many cheaper models only do 40 watts, is 100 watts better(?) I would think so… but just because your car can go 120mph…
Anyway, looking at ordering this… (it’s 3L) and won’t be in until after Christmas… but that’s okay.
Any input… pro/con/not worth it/save your money/I never use mine/whatever I often get into that impulse buying mind set… ANY input would be fine. (not sure the link will work correctly)
https://www.amazon.com/FoodKing-Ultrasonic-Eyeglass-Commercial-Industrial/dp/B0140M8H9Y/ref=pd_sbs_328_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MWA91DA4BNQB8VTC6R9Y

1 Like

That is the exact model that I started out with and I loved it but I didn’t follow the instructions and killed it!:astonished:
Here is a post where I discussed them both.

I overloaded it on several occasions with 120ml bottles of juice and it compounded matters by not using the supplied basket.The basket I am told helps distribute the weight and doesn’t overwork the Ultra sonic thingy’s , transducers ?, mounted to the bottom of the cleaner.I could only use the basket when mixing in smaller bottles 30ml-60ml size because when the basket is in the 120ml doesn’t get covered in the water.With the 6 liter they get covered by water completely even with the basket in place.It will hold over a dozen 120ml bottles of juice , I have also used it with 240ml glass bottles and it does just fine.
The 3 liter is fine but it does have limitations but if you have a tendency to mix larger batches I would go bigger.The 3 liter will hold larger bottles horizontally but only 2-3 at a time.
It is worth noting that my 6 liter is the same brand as the 3 liter that I had before.I did try and find a different brand but after researching I determined that it wasn’t a quality problem that killed it , I simply abused it.

2 Likes

I’m thinking the 6L would be over kill for my uses. I only have 1 or 2 juices I would make in a 120ml batch, normally stick to 30’s (and a couple 50-60ml).

1 Like

I agree , you will have no problems based on that usage.
It was like most items made in China , very rudimentary owners/users manual and I didn’t do my research until it was too late.

1 Like