Need help with a good ry4 d recipe

70 vg / 30 pg isn’t considered very high VG, I don’t think. I’ve been using 55 vg / 45 pg lately. Was at 60/40 for a long time. It’s in the same ballpark.

Have you tried just a small, single flavor mix of the RY4D yet? Maybe 5%, just to get familiar with the RY4D itself? I’m assuming you want the tobacco flavor to be out front, with the sweetness as an ‘add on’ or complimentary flavor. Once you get to know the particular tobacco flavor itself, then you can add a little of a particular sweetener, note the change, and then try another. It doesn’t take much sweetener to steer the mix one way or the other.

It’s been my experience, trying to hit a bulls eye, on your previous house mix, using high percentages is a crap shoot at best. I always found myself making changes and shooting in the dark, which usually meant chasing my tail all over the place…lol.

I’ve had much better luck sneaking up on it, from the low side.

Again, just a few things to consider

1 Like

I’m using the Nautilus 2 with a 1.8 coil I just quit smoking about a month now any thoughts on putting some cowboy or desert ship even Virginia I got alot of tabacco flavors but they seem to tastes peppery or just some kinda way maybe they need to steep for a wile I just stay mixing

:frowning: I’m sorry but I don’t know too much about those tanks. I pretty much went straight to subohm vaping and I’ve heard there are some differences with juices, both with flavor % and PG/VG ratio.
I know it was a popular tank so I’m sure some other people here can guide you to get some better results.

1 Like

Yea I’ll try starting out low IV change the recipes so much adddin things in I forget what I started out with lol

I’ve heard a lot of positive things about the Nautilus 2. The MTL folks praise the airflow, and flavor. I don’t have any first hand experience with it, though.

Try and find a few combinations that you can enjoy vaping. That will shift your confidence / disappointment ratio (more important than VG/PG ratios at this stage). Then you can go on a big game hunt and try and bag the juice you want to clone.

you could give a chance to

if you want more caramel you could add in addition 2,5% Caramel original (TPA)

:slight_smile: gl and have fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

that and tdcc are tied for my favs, tdcc being slightly sweeter

2 Likes

personally i am not vaping in general tobacco juices… i get really tired/bored from 'em in duration… personally i use it mostly as a “base” and mixing it with other flavors… it’s really great :slight_smile: never tried tdcc…

1 Like

@Jacktay1200 you mentioned a few times, a peppery taste, what mg nic are you using in your mix? High nic levels will cause a peppery taste.
This recipe is caramel rich, it may suit you.

2 Likes

A lot of good thoughts/suggestions there to help u out but steep time is the most important. If you are using a high res. coil like 1.8 mentioned, u should try 50/50 mixing for more flavor. All the mentioned recipes are great uses of ry4d but dont be afraid to add some fruit. If u do dable w/ real tobaccos dont touch it for a month unless u like puking. Use the database when enuff info is available for the flavor/brand u are using, read the notes people have added and look at %s in similar mixes, one person’s opinion dont mean shit! If u started mixing ry4d @ 10% w/o looking thats prob the point where it starts to fade off, adding more is just a waste of $,so if there is no known/respected starting point u may want to go lower as well as higher when experimenting. Gl to u and welcome aboard!

1 Like

Wait til you come across RY1,2,3,5 and 6 as well… All have different balances and flavours of tobacco and vanilla/caramel and sweetness levels. Then each manufacturer/vendor will then have their own sweetness/tobacco scale and interpretation of what each variant should be like.

Personally if you have access to Hangsen Essences they have a wide range of Ry flavours and sampling a couple of different ones may well give you an idea of which RY flavour suits you best.

You compare TPA RY4 Double, Flavourart RY4 Legend and Hangsen RY 4 they are no way similar at all. But all marketed under the RY4 name, it is just there take (using their own ingredients in the finished flavour) of a brand name ‘RUYAN’ that has long since disappeared.

Personally I think this is what makes it hard to nail down a RY liquid/concentrate/recipe due to the different interpretation of what i.e. RY4 is, Say in what I have tasted and you have tasted are probably miles apart.

Flavourart RY4 Legend,- Sweet tobacco caramel and high level of finished sweetness (little or no cream)

Hangsen RY4 - Dark Tobacco, Caramel, Vanilla and a heavy cream (probably their Italian Cream)

TPA RY4 Double - Strong Sweet Caramel and a heavy vanilla flavour more French than say Madagascar for me. Slightly Nutty background with a hint of Dark tobacco

Whereas if you tasted all 3 you would probably get different notes and sweetness levels, to me. But what you will see is the vast difference in finished flavour between just these 3 and there are literally 100’s of variation of RY4 pre made and concentrate flavours out there.

Hopefully you can find a recipe or concentrate you like, mine is Hangsen Ry6 now known as Golden Tobacco VI, but it took me a while to find it.

5 Likes

That is probably why you can’t taste anything (yet). It takes some time for your tastebuds to recover from smoking.
When I look at my first recipes and the percentage I was using it makes me shudder.
No way I would use as much flavour now.
Time is your friend here.

4 Likes

I’m using 18-12 nic % an I got liq barn 100% nic

Thanks for the info it she save me alot of money I just started mixing an I’m ordering tabacco after tabacco trying every one trying to copy my vape shops nic with no luck I think my flavor % r to high I was trying to make my over all flavor around 20% the vape stores mix is really sweet an has a heavy caramel candy taste I just can’t seem to match it

1 Like

Steep time is a must for Ry4d if you are looking to get a little of that burnt or dirty tobacco flavor! It takes 30 days to get that if indeed it is what you are looking for. Ry4d will give you some different profiles @ different%. Example, @2% with a dash of fa caramel I get something similar to Halo’s Tribeca, but @ 5% it will give me some burnt or dirty tobacco but only after 30 days. The highest I have used it is 7% but for me 5% is as high as I need to go with it.

1 Like

This is one of my favs. I steep it for two weeks. Its fantastic !!!

Candybeca

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) 0.30
Cotton Candy (10% EM/Ethyl Maltol) (TPA) 0.50
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 1.50
RY4 Double (TPA) 10.00

Flavor total: 12.3%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

I always meant to ask, is this the same as RY4 (FA), because there are both RY4(FA) (2216) and RY4 Legend (FA) (34) in the flavor list. The one without Legend is used in a lot more recipes and you see both mentioned on a lot of different sites.
Yet I only see RY4 Legend for sale.

1 Like

I never could taste any caramel until I vaped my version of the following recipe. I pretty sure I’m cursed with poor taste buds.
See original:
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/101809?
My version:
TFA RY4 Double 12%
TFA Graham Cracker 4%
TFA Acetyl Pyrazine 2%
TFA Caramel 2% –-------------was CA
TFA Brown Sugar 1%–------------- was TFA Cotton Candy 1%

5 Likes

Maybe 8% of the Ry4D, 2.5% of FW Caramel Candy, and 1.5% Sweetener might be close? FW Caramel Candy is a very sweet but delicious candy, and like mentioned earlier, most vendors load up on sweetener. Most mixes from vendors tend to be simple 2-3 flavor mixes for the most part.

I want to try Hangsen RY4 as I’ve heard good rumors on it. But I love TFA RY4D. Ry4 is the only flavor I would vape for my first year off the stinkies, and gets the credit for doing it. Very good choice!!! :slight_smile:

What’s important is to find a mix you like a lot, and it probably won’t taste exactly like what you have been buying. But sometimes it might even end up better, and definitely a lot cheaper.

4 Likes

You may be onto something here. I think I have some Hangsen RY4 in my stash. If so, I’m going to give that a try, and add some vanilla & caramel candy background notes to it, and see how it turns out.

Good idea!

2 Likes