Need help with TCR

Cuboid and Fuchai not good for temp control. I have had both. I stick with the Kanthal… no goofy surprises. There’s folks that swear by TC but … not me.

2 Likes

sorry for my late response…

3 times the power button move to TCR mode with +/- buttons… power for staying there…
3 times the power button and and you can move the the rest options with the +/- buttons…
you can choose the wattage there (it works just like a preheat or something like that… TCR is NOT wattage)
you can also lock the resistance (it’s a MUST, else you will get dry hits or whatever… SS/Ti/Ni while warming they tend to change their resistivity and your see Ohms jumping higher and lower all the time so the the quality of your vape will be worst than ever… LOCKING the resistance ohms is a MUST i say again) and that’s it :slight_smile:

That’s a rugged question. I don’t own either of those mods. Every mod seems to claim to have temp control but the term is not standardized. Some are more like over-temp protection. Some are quasi temp control. The mods that exercise the best temp control do so by monitoring the resistance of the coil. These mods must have a baseline resistance of the coil a room temperature. Even here different mods achieve this differently. With some you need to “lock” or register that resistance. With others the “new coil” or initial resistance of the coil is used. These mods correlate the resistance as it decreases with a vape with the relative temperature that coil is producing. Once the resistance decreases to the correlated temperature set on the mod, the mod starts ramping down the wattage and fluctuates the power applied to the coil over the period of the vape keeping the temperature at or close to the desired level. Most mods that I have used that offer adjustable wattage in temp control mode use this setting for the initial power applied to the coil effectively controlling ramp up time or time to set temperature. If set too low the coil may never reach the desired temperature. Just to keep things interesting, it has to be noted that not all types of coil builds adhere to tcr standard settings. This is the setting that tells the mod how to correlate resistance to temperature. As per above mention DJLsb Vapes probably has the best and most expansive set of charts available for tcr. The wire wizard at http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html will at least give you a swag at a tcr setting for each type of build.

Hope this helps. If not and it creates more mud, I apologize. I know no other way to wrap my head around temp control.