Need some help for an upcoming cruise

I have some coils for my OBS V (only ones worth a damn in my opinion) which I’ll be using in the room at a low wattage. I figure if it worked on Carnival it should work on Norwegian. As for cleaning, I’ll be taking the better safe than sorry approach. Smoking area is only one deck above us, so not a big deal. I’ve seen people get kicked off or locked in their room. I want to avoid both…Although getting kicked off the ship and left at a tropical island does have it’s appeal…

Or a vapor trap. I made quite a few using water bottles and straws…Don’t think that will get through security though. But I was also looking at the Vape Nut as a more practical solution. Haven’t had any luck finding it yet.

Washcloth is FREE…lol. I like free. And I don’t have to pack it, they have plenty on the ship.

1 Like

Good point. Still wouldn’t mind a Vape Nut though. Getting tired of watching the kitten chasing my clouds to play with it. Sure it’s cute, but I worry she might get addicted. Last thing I need is to make a tuna flavored e-liquid.

4 Likes

A shower cap over the smoke detector works wonders. :wink:

3 Likes

I honestly would never have thought to do that. I’ll have to try that before the trip.

1 Like

I’ve done it in hotel rooms, works like a charm. A big ziploc and a rubber band would probably do the trick too. Just don’t forget and leave it up there for housekeeping to find!

1 Like

4 Likes

That looks like heaven. Alas I have an interior room. Thinking about upgrading though.

2 Likes

@Iv3shf, @Chuck6, @TheTinMan1, @MysticRose and @Debbiej I have one more question for you regarding batteries. I know 18650s are generally permitted on cruise ships, but what about larger batteries, but what about 26650s? I couldn’t find much on their website other than this:

Kinda vague. I mean an 18650 is large compared to a AA. Anywho, anyone try bring a battery larger than an 18650 on a cruise ship? For the record, two of the mods I plan on bringing use 18650 and I’m only asking because I’m getting an Aegis, so I could bring only 18650s in a pinch.

1 Like

Are you on carnival, RC or what?

Norwegian. But a lot of the policies match up, so if anyone has been able to bring 26650s on say a Carnival cruise I might be willing to give it a try.

dunno about anything larger than 18650. Could assume it would be fine. It’s not like airport security. They are looking more for booze people try to smuggle. Have noticed a few dogs there too. So keep cool with the other as well. :wink:

My thinking is they are the same height, but obviously a 22650 is wider…So maybe…

Seriously is it that fucking hard to but down no batteries of so many watt/hours or higher or certain dimensions!?

Thinking… there was this huge fella, bearded, piercing, tattoos walking around with a cloud chucker. He was blowing serious stuff. It was a big mod! I would take um. Nobody gonna say anything. Put it in a bad and carry it in with you to room. If they ask tell you use it for a personal vape. I was nervous taking vape hardware the first couple times. Been on 6 cruises the last couple years. Where is your port of call?

1 Like

Don’t know. It was suppose to be San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts and Tortola, but you know…hurricanes. They haven’t told us where we will be going, so I guess it’ll be a surprise.

1 Like

You can check your itinerary. They update daly.

Nothing on batteries. Call your cruise agent one day next week.

1 Like

I have been checking, no updates.

The two beagles @PCL are for drugs and explosives.

The point is that on a cruise, our batteries are not an issue, as where they might be on a plane., but as I always say, no mobile phones or tablets then…

If I remember correctly Carnival had dogs as well. Not sure if they were actually with the cruise line or if they were from an outside agency. But the did their sniffing for drugs and what not.

1 Like

So I finally got word from Norwegian as to the ports of call.

Original ports:
San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Basseterre St. Kitts, Tortola

New ports:
St. John’s, Barbados, Castries St. Kitts, Basseterre St. Kitts, St. Thomas

1 Like