Need some help with Mods/Tanks

Hi @Rocky02852, I have heard a lot of good things about the mesh RDA’s! I watched a review on one of the profile RDA tanks and apparently its meant to be brilliant! Can you recommend me a RDA? Also what squonk mod would you recommend? I don’t really want to be carrying extra batteries around if I don’t have too so something with good battery life would be great! Thanks👍

4 Likes

Second that @SessionDrummer

3 Likes

Hi @Jellybean thanks! I have considered that route but don’t really like the idea of them devices! I have spent a lot of money previously on similar devices and I now just want to buy one mod and tank that I hope I’ll be happy with!
But thanks for the suggestion appreciate it👍

3 Likes

@Englishguy Thats great! Will deffo sign up now and wait till I find myself a good mod I’m ready to buy then get batteries from them guys! Thanks a lot👍

4 Likes

You might consider the Hermetic atty.
It’s a great single coil device that will allow for a nice crossover from MTL to DTL. (I tend to prefer the airflow set to a “restricted DL” setting.)

I own several, and use them in two of my daily rotation units. They excel in flavor production, and are fairly “flat in response” (in audio terms) IMO.

In other words, they don’t seem to highlight one type of flavor profile over another. For instance: the Elder Dragon, while being a great flavor producer, tends to highlight fruit flavors a bit, more than the bakery aspects within the same recipe. In the Hermetic, all aspects come through evenly.

Bear in mind however, that:

• A. The original recipe was created on a Theorem atty. And the performance (‘flat response’) of it is very similar to the Hermetic.
  • B. One of the things you’ll learn in mixing, is that a recipe sometimes needs to be rebalanced (flavor percentages adjusted) according to the hardware you are going to be vaping it on.

So, that’s not to say that you can’t achieve the same profile (of a recipe) on different equipment. The opposite is true (you can). But it does mean that you will have to take extra steps, and attention to detail (read as: make notes on the flavors and recipes) when remembering which mix is for what hardware if you want repeatability, and accuracy across ‘platforms’.

6 Likes

Hi @Faisal_Rehman and Welcome to the ELR forum btw! Yes the Profile RDA is what I would recommend! As far as a Squonk Mod, if you don’t want to carry extra batteries go with a dual 18650 battery mod, I like the the DOVPO TopSideDual, but honestly I just use that when I’m at home. Out and about I just carry SubOhm tanks / dual battery mods. Plenty of good mods out there, I could list many I have. Just research and watch reviews, choose what You like and what’s good for you! I personally could not be stuck with just one🤪 I like to change it up!

7 Likes

For rta’s I do like the Kayfun v5. It’s a bit more airy of a vape. But if you are open to buying from a china site a clone is worth a try.

As for other rta’s…I believe the Beserker v1.5 is good if you can find it. If I could find it in the us I would pick one up. Also Matt from smm (YouTube) has the gear rta coming out or is just now available…and worth the look.

As a whole I would recommend picking up an rda and rta. Just to try both worlds out.

6 Likes

@Sprkslfly just watched a review of that tank, seems like a good bit of gear! May go for that!

The mixing of flavours seems a little daunting for me atm lol I think to start with I will get some one shots like you suggested and try them out for a while before I dive straight into the deep end.

Right now I only have MTL tanks and once I make the switch to DTL I don’t think I’ll be coming back to the MTL tanks! And for now I am only going to order one and see how I get on with it!

Ideally it has to be a sqonker or RTA because I do a lot of driving so cant be dripping while I drive

5 Likes

Thanks @Rocky02852
I think I will end up getting that setup!
What sub ohm tanks and mod do you use the most when your out? If I do go down that route then I will need a tank that has some good coils

4 Likes

@Chrispdx I don’t think I would buy from a china site!

But that gear tank I will check out now!

I was thinking the same! I will order both but for now just the one and see how I get on

Thanks👍

4 Likes

I haven’t tried these but the RDTA’s seems to be the hot new item. I have been vaping long enough to know that the new products just keep getting better and better like there is no stopping improvement.

The RDTA is a Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer.

It’s an RDA and a Tank. I believe most of them come with a squonk pin so you can use as a squonk or as a regular tank. As a tank they have a small capacity but 2ml’s of juice will get you quite a few puffs.

I have not even tried one so I’m not recommending it but it something to consider.

Just one example
vandy-vape-pyro-v3-rdta

4 Likes

@JiM210 Sounds good! Will have a look in to it!

What does everyone think about the ORFR nex mesh tank?
Does anyone know if that leaking thing has been fixed?

4 Likes

You might want to check out some of the reviews by some of our esteemed members…

Steampugs, Mjag, SmilingOgre (and more) have all done reviews that are highly regarded on a LOT of atomizers and mods.

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/c/hardware/reviews/19

5 Likes

I am a big fan of FreeMaxMeshPro tanks and have several, however I would first recommend the Valyrian 2 subohm tank over the Freemax. I like the double mesh coils at 62W with 30pg/70vg mix.
As far as mods, I only vape in Watt mode so I don’t need no fancy expensive chip mods. 2 of my daily carries are the VooPoo Drag 2 and the Smoant Cylon, both solid workhorse’s

4 Likes

@Sprkslfly Had a little skim through earlier but yes will deffo have a proper read later today!
Thanks again buddy👍

4 Likes

@Rocky02852 I’ve watched a review on the freemax tank looks decent! And my cousin has the drag 2 and recommended that also! But thanks very much I will be getting something like this to take out and about with me and will most likely get a squonk or RDA for home use!

4 Likes

I followed your advice and ordered a Hermetic. Should arrive next week.
This pushed my finally to it.
:+1:

4 Likes