Need tips and advice for berserker RDA

Just got this and my first build with stock coils had no flavor I’m thinking its coil placement or my wicking so it will probably take me a few try’s but how far up from the air flow hole should I build I even watched Alex from vapers MD youtube video but its so hard to see.
I also come across this video with a simulation youtube. com/watch?v=GvfBwpFU1y4
it shows the airflow with the berserker dosen’t go straight up because of turbulence so your supposed to build it towards the blocked air slot.
any input appreciated and theres a space in the link not sure if im allowed to hotlink here.

4 Likes

What wattage are you using with the stock coil, which airflow bar and which air hole on the outside? And what is your current coil placement?

4 Likes

15 watts ohm is .72 im getting tons of vapour on this biggest single hole tube and biggest airflow hole. original coil placement was pretty damn close to the tube maybe 1mm? tried it a few times checked the tube for melting and it was all good im re-adjusting the coil and rewicking now so.

2 Likes

Have you tried raising your wattage at all? The factory coil seems to be best for me around 18-20 watts, I ditched it for a simple round wire coil. You could try raising it a little and if you don’t want to try higher wattage then try the 3 hole insert or go to a smaller hole on the outside. It takes a little playing to find the perfect setup with the berserker because you have so many options.

3 Likes

i tried it from 12 - 32 watts with 4 different tubes going both directions and the flavor isn’t there yet gonna keep trying different things eventually some round wire N80. this thing is pretty cloudy for a MTL and I do love the draw on it. but my engine nano is giving me better flavor so I must be doing something wrong.

2 Likes

No tips from me, but you’re not alone… :confused:

Both my wife and I aren’t fans of the Berserker RDA, for reasons which you’ve described. We tried just about everything to make them work for us and be enjoyable… then shelved the attys. Sucks that $66 bucks worth of atomizers ($33 ea) are collecting dust on a shelf. :smirk:

5 Likes

It’s not really a flavor machine, or if it is I haven’t found the magic combination yet lol it’s not terrible though, I prefer the geekvape ammit mtl rda on a squonker:) I have had my best luck with the berserker so far with 30g SS316L, if I remember correctly I liked 3mm coils the best too, I haven’t used mine in a week or two.

3 Likes

That’s exactly where I landed! The Ammit is pretty much the heat for my squonk needs as well. My feeling about the Berserker is… yes, the chamber on an atty can be too small… and yes, the issue can be not enough airflow in that chamber. This is one of the reasons I decided to not get the Cthulhu 1928; again, a very small chamber with possibly not enough airflow to get that Ammit style nice MTL hit.

3 Likes

what ID did you guys build at? im really kinnikin myself for selling my serpent mini it was surprisingly good.

2 Likes

@Kinnikinnick I was using a 3mm coil, having your wick really fluffed and a bigger coil slightly higher up allows for more airflow across the good parts, and I also use a 510 drip tip with a standard bore instead of the decreased bore one it comes with, it seems to help it have more flow.

I’ve been considering taking one of the smaller airflow bars and adjusting it via dremel. The ammit is a little tight for me wide open too, but much more workable. I really just want something that works at 30-35 watts like the ammit does at 20-25…

4 Likes

Gave mine away the same day I bought it, wasn’t a fan…

1 Like