New DIY show on youtube

Just wondering if anyone happened to see the new mixing show on youtube. The channel is The vapor chronicles and hosted by fresh03 and another reviewer that I can’t remember the name of. I was watching bits and pieces of it and happened to notice that they referenced recipes from this site, they also have a link in the video description to ELR, describing it as a ‘database’ and calculator. They aim to teach people how to DIY from absolute beginner level. It would be interesting to know if they contacted @daath about using the content from here.

1 Like

I honestly havent read the terms of agreement here, and i dont plan to do. I would however be surprised if the term prevent others from use the recipes, as long as it is not for commercial usage.

As long as they give the credit and link to the source, i dont see any issues. The content here is public, and nobody has copyrights on their recipe they have added here, and if they had, it would probably not be the right place to add the recipe, specially not as a public recipe.

ELR is all about sharing our recipes, notes and so forth, so the DIY community will benefit from it. So i dont see why this should be an issue as long as they give back to the community and remember to give credit where it is due. From what you write, they seem to aim at helping the community.

I think there is more than enough drama in the vaping community already, to turn this into anything. I can understand if the community would get upset about some who try starting an actual business selling ejuices based on recipes on ELR, but here again it will be a question about registred ownership of a recipe.

Another thing to add, is that quite a few recipes in this system, is copied from other system as well, such as reddit!!!

5 Likes

Fresh has a number of recipes on ELR and is a well known mixer who has done a lot of good for the community.

6 Likes

That’s exactly why it was a question. I’m not around long enough to know any of the mixers in here. I just recognise the names of the people that post regularly in the threads.

1 Like

It is also a fair enough question, but first i would check the terms og agreement to see what is actually accepted, and if there should be some infringement with the terms, take direct contact to Daath to avoid stirring up some what could turn into unnecessary drama in the community.

2 Likes

In the time i have been here i can’t say that i have seen fresh post anything on the forum but on the other hand there is a ton of members on ELR that never post anything so i don’t see that as a problem.
I don’t know if Brian has any recipes at all on ELR or if he even is a member.
But i must say that the idea behind the show is good, i mean there are a lot of beginners out there that might need some help and i’m sure they will find the show real helpful.
Fresh does have another show where he do some mixing together with other people every Saturday at 1 pm EST.

saturDIY’ing with fresh03 and friends

5 Likes

I’ve subscribed to the channel, it looks a pretty good format and they’re doing it from the ground up. He did say that measuring by drops was the most accurate way to mix though, or maybe I misheard that one lol

1 Like

The idea seem good for sure, and they might actually help make new people come to ELR which can benefit us all.

3 Likes

I don’t Trust him. Who is he?:smirk:

1 Like

They haven’t, but people using it in reviews and videos about DIY and helping people in they DIY journey - I’m all for that, and they don’t need my permission to help people :slight_smile: I think it’s great that people share their workflow and use ELR to mix :slight_smile:

I know someone that’s writing a book on DIY, and is going to use screenshots from ELR (of his own recipes) - he asked permission, and of course he can do that :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thats some statement … especially without knowing the guy :frowning:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with free advertisement :smile:

I think it was an attempt at being somewhat sarcastic.

2 Likes

People should know by now that some sort of sarcasm doesn’t go through the screen very well and can be taken for something its not. I would say being a bit cautious is always good.

4 Likes

If you would have said that the same way about someone you know here on ELR i wouldn’t have reacted at all or maybe not as much because then i kinda would have thought it was sarcasm, but now i only felt that you were being something that you shouldn’t be.

1 Like

Fresh is awesome, hes been around for a while, is very involved in vaping and makes quality videos :+1:

3 Likes

the emoticon shows the sarcasm

2 Likes

Just skimming this thread but will read it when I get home… I have watched a number of fresh03’s webcasts… they are pretty good and active. He (fresh) often promotes this site on his channel as does many of the users that view his live streams (Saturday at noon central I believe).

6 Likes

My quote is purely directed towards @Fenrir1 it’s cheeky and points out the irony of another similar situation but he does not stand up for the op in question as he did in this thread. Whereas he questioned the op trustworthiness in another thread and I stood up for them. So it’s a complete reversal of our positions, aimed squarely at him and only him, the emoticon conveys the in intention. No malice, I’m really disappointed It was a doozy and I think ii totally misread the audience. Much rather he’d replied telling me to fuck off, would’ve made me laugh. Instead he is too much of a gentleman unlike me.

4 Likes

I also have a Youtube channel on DIY mixing. It’s more of a laid back format and I too reference ELR but I never mix the recipe. Instead I like to take the idea and change it up. I still make it very clear that the concept was not mine and I let the viewers know where my idea came from.

My channel is DIY Vapor (shameless plug) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this yours…?
“Your one stop DIY vapor resource. Learn how to mix DIY E-juice and clone popular E-juice flavors. We will also show you how to build your own coils and wick them for ultimate flavor.
If you have a tried and tested DIY E-juice and would like to share it with the world then please feel free to email me at chiefmasterjedi@nc.rr.com and I will mix it and review it, all the credit will go to you.”

EDIT:
Like an idiot I didn’t look and notice your email and nick were the same lol

1 Like