New DIYer General question on storage

Hi, so I just ordered my Flavors, VG, PG and Nic and I was wondering what is the normal storage of these products…Ive heard Nicotine in the fridge but aside from that Im not sure. Are PG, VG and Flavorings safe to store in a cabinet in my room away from sunlight or do they also need to be refrigerated? By the way I love this forum and webpage It literally has everything I need to know and friendly users.

5 Likes

Different people do it differently. I store my extra nic in the deep freeze, and keep 250ml that I’m using at room temp (lasts me several months). I keep all of my other supplies at room temp too. I haven’t had any issues with my nic going bad. But some people store everything in a fridge. The biggest drawback to refrigeration for everything is that certain flavors will crystallize and your vg will thicken, so to mix you’d want to bring them back up to room temp first.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! Happy mixing!! :grin:

1 Like

I just wanted to add that my nic comes in a plastic bottle and I store it in glass bottles (in the freezer). What about the flavors, pg and vg. They come in plastic bottles, should they be stored in glass as well?

1 Like

Another good question, and this has people on both sides of the issue, pg and vg being stored in glass instead of plastic really hasn’t come up, I guess the consistence is plastic is okay. As for flavorings I think most people would like all glass but for convieniance use plastic. My person exception is when I have started purchasing larger volumes due to cost savings (namely @Nicotine_River pricing and now getting some extracts from @Walt_RealFlavors ) I have been slowly converting things from plastic to glass. Glass is “suppose to” hold the flavor better… main thing is to keep flavorings (and nic) out of direct light if possible and not in a heated area (don’t ask me what “heated” means).

1 Like

If you are placing any contents inside of Plastic Bottles HDPE Plastic is always best. Just a helpful tip from the Nicotine River Team! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

lol look who it is…Nicotine River. Speak of the devil I pick up my 15 pound package from you guys at the UPS Store tomorrow. Cannot wait lol

1 Like

You are exactly right. This is more important than anything. Glass is nice but has drawbacks when shipping :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like