NEW Flavorah Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

I really disliked this hibicus, must have been the floral that threw me off Capella was much sweeter i only mixed this at 1% also to try to avoid too much. Idk some will like some wont I guess.

6 Likes

thats the worst! mixng a dud thats not even ur own dud. Ive done it lotsā€¦sorry girl.
just dump it n move onā€¦it hurts tho any waste doesā€¦

7 Likes

Pomegranate (Flavorah) 1.25% / 2.0% (3-8-23) ā€“ I wanted to spend some extra time on this one, JUST to make sure that I was getting it right. 3 testers later, and some extra time, I think I did. At first, I wasnā€™t sure if this was THE pomegranite or not. I kept getting a slight off-note, which while not train-wrecking, did seem to detract from the overall experience. As I made my way into the 2nd and 3rd tester, that seemed to abate, and it settled into a really good pom. At the lower weight of 1.25% it did pretty accurately portray a juicy red pom, and such that you could almost taste the little red, fleshy covered seeds. Juicy, plenty of ā€œredā€, tart and sweet, just like the real thing. I increased to 2.0% just to see if it filled up any, and it did increase, but it did seem to top out, so that leaves me recā€™ing soloā€™ing at my original 1.25%, maybe up to 1.75%. The rather strange-ish off-note I THOUGHT I was getting in the first tester, never re-appeared, so Iā€™m chalking that up to ā€œsettlingā€. Sweetness was a few ticks below mid level, and the tartness was JUST high enough to keep it interesting, and fresh. It leaned heavily to the natural with no overt artificial notes. It stayed pretty true to a pom throughout 3 testers, and never leaned at all towards a cranberry, so I think that Flavorah did a pretty spot on job with this one. Juicy, red, somewhat sweet and tarty pomegranate is what this one was. Unique on MY rack, and with not much competition. Because of itā€™s accuracy, I have to leave it fairly high, at a 9.5/10.

15 Likes

Red Vanilla Soda (Flavorah) 1.75% (3-11-23) ā€“ After reading the name of this flavor, I was admittedly confused as to exactly WHAT it was. Tasting it revealed, well, pretty much what it was named. A light, somewhat bright vanilla with some creamy aspects, and an actual soda element, with a very light red-ish berry undertone. 3 testers in, I was never able to actually identify the red berry/berries, but they WERE there, lightly, in an undertone only. What made this interesting, was that somehow Flavorah managed to keep the vanilla almost creamy (but not completely), and give it some weight, AND, have an identifiable soda-ness at the same time. I got an almost effervescence from the soda, and unlike a ā€œcolaā€ it seemed to be more of a cream soda, which COULD explain the creamier aspects of the vanilla. @ 1.75% it felt somewhat lighter and might be able to be increased/boosted a little with higher percentages. The overall pairing was actually pretty good. Cream Soda, Vanilla, and light Red Berries were what this one was, with just a slight effervescence on the finish. No off-notes, and sweetness was a few ticks below mid level, which was also interesting for a ā€œsodaā€ flavor. The main note remained the creamy-ish vanilla throughout all of the testing, with the red berries just barely revealing themselves. An interesting pairing, and while a lighter flavor overall, it was what it claimed to be. Minor take-offs for overall strength, and barely perceivable red berries only. It felt good at 9/10.

14 Likes

Salmiakki (Flavorah) 1% (3-11-23) ā€“ Salmi what ?? Yes, Salmiakki. Iā€™d never heard of it, but some quick research revealed that it was actually a very popular Finnish treat. Candy ?? Maybe, kinda sorta-ish. In a nutshell itā€™s like Black Licorice, that is tempered with ammonium chloride (a type of salt). Yes, salt AND sweet can play together, and in this flavor, it worked out nicely. Now, at no point did I get an actual ā€œsaltyā€ taste, but sometimes, if you pair sweet and salt at the right levels, it adds body, and that is EXACTLY what happened here. Having just tested Flavorhā€™s Licorice, this one DID have a bit more body, and was noticeably fuller. It had most of the same characteristics of a Black Licorice, but honestly, I think it was better. Richer, fuller, with more presence, and with no bitterness too boot. At times it almost tasted like there was a cream element, and other times not. At 1% it was actually quite good, and I didnā€™t feel the need to increase the percentage, and there was no stray or off-putting notes. It tasted a bit LESS sweet than the aforementioned licorice, and that worked out nicely as well. As I mentioned in my previous review, you will probably love OR hate this, just like you would with a BL. As an avid NOT BL user, or eater, this one surprised me that not only did I not hate it, I liked it, which was just as surprising. All in, this was very similar to Flavorahā€™s Licorice, but better IMO, with a slight decrease in sweetness, and more body. If you were on the fence with this one, and the regular Licorice, I might go with this one. Marking up slightly higher than the FLV Licorice @ 9.8/10.

14 Likes

SB Lime (Flavorah) 1% (3-12-23) ā€“ RIGHT out of the gate, I could tell there was something going on with this one. There was an almost funky-ness to it, almost a musky off-note, that persisted throughout the entire test. The red juicy strawberry was there, and just a hint of lime on the finish, BUT, the funk persisted throughout. At 1% it in no way felt over-flavored or maxed out, and was reasonably full, and just below mid level sweet. I tried reducing, but every nuance fell proportionally, including the funk. Iā€™m not sure why, but Iā€™m pretty sure the funk was coming from the strawberry, and IMO, it didnā€™t work. It was almost like a funky banana note, without the banana. With that, and the fairly light lime presence this flavor felt like kind of a mis-step. Feel free to try but EXPECT some funk. Rating this down due to the funk, and almost missing Lime @ 6.0/10.

13 Likes

In my quest for The One I bought every strawberry Flavorah offered. And every single one was a big letdown for me. Especially Alpine. So iā€™m not surprised you got some funk there bro.

5 Likes

Hehe @TorturedZen I hear you. I always seem to use 2, or 3 per mix, just because I have to, and have not found ā€œThe Oneā€ either.

I WAS actually surprised, and I canā€™t figure out WHAT the desired goal was with it, or why they did it. When I think of a SB Lime, I think of a bright, red, punchy SB, tempered (not equally) with a punchy, green lime. No footy-ness, funky-ness, or musky-ness required. Now Iā€™m trying to recall if Iā€™ve EVER gotten a funky/musky note from a SB, and Iā€™m drawing a blank. Medicine Flower Blueberry has a certain musky-ness, BUT, in the bottle, as once itā€™s mixed/steeped, it disappears/ed.

Well as they say, they ALL canā€™t be winners, right ?

Talking about WEIRD, I couldnā€™t believe that not only did I NOT hate the cactus/aloe, it was actually quite good, AND, enjoyable. Whoā€™dā€™a thunk that ?

#ForScienceAndShit

9 Likes

@SessionDrummer
I knew I shouldā€™ve put that Cactus Aloe in my cart today when I placed my order! Oh well thereā€™s always next time :neutral_face:

6 Likes

I hear you @TimWV, now you have to understand something. I DONā€™T vape cactus, OR aloe !!! Errrr, well, I didnā€™t USED to that is.

Inawera Cactus is widely known for adding juicy-ness to about everything that it touches. Bad news for me however, is every time I try to use it, at ANY level, I canā€™t stand it, and toss out the mix. Honestly, hehe, I didnā€™t WANT to test the Cactus/Aloe, BUT, since I did, I guess it is the ONE that I CAN vape LOL.

7 Likes

@SessionDrummer
I use the cactus (Inawera) and cactus apple (flavorah) in one of my mixes and love it, so I think Iā€™ll really like the cactus aloe.
Thank you for your tests and your help!

5 Likes

Sumo Citrus (Flavorah) 1.5% (3-13-23) ā€“ Beyond being expensive, and so fragile, that they have to be painted in clay sunscreen, Sumo oranges are a hybrid of oranges, pomelos, and mandarins. The few times Iā€™ve eaten them, they WERE very good, and sweeter than most other oranges. This flavor captured MUCH of the hybrid-ing, but not all, and it had less than the expected level of sweetness. @ 1.5% it was still somewhat of a light flavor, but still good with a unique medley of orange and citrus notes. Because it was somewhat more relaxed, I did increase the percentage a bit, AND, added some sweetener just to see if it could be boosted, and it did increase just a smidge, but that was about it. I didnā€™t get much of a boost from the sweetener, so that was a surprise as well. At both 1.5% and somewhat higher, it was indeed a few ticks below mid level sweet, which most of us would love, so it COULD be sweetened up if needed, it felt a little shy from the real thing. No off-notes, and, with the fairly complex citrus notes in play, it was hard to try and force it into one TYPE of orange, which WAS true to the real fruit. All in, it was a FAIRLY accurate representation of a tough fruit to mimic, and was very natural tasting, and less sweet than the original. Minor take-offs for some lack of presence, and sweetness. Cleanly placing this @ a 8.4/10.

15 Likes

Wintergreen (Flavorah) 1% (3-16-23) ā€“ Coming clean here, I WAS kind of dreading testing this flavor, just like the Cactus Aloe, as I would typically NEVER use it. I cannot use any cooling agents, and typically mints, spearmints either have some, or can SEEM like they have some. Now, to my tastes, this one had either none, OR, very little, as I not only had NO issues testing 3 testers of it, but I actually enjoyed it. Color me surprised, YET again. Note to the masses: Try flavors you think youā€™ll hate, and you MIGHT be surprised. Because it was a ā€œmintā€ I chose to go low with this one @ 1% and it was fairly full at this weight, and did remind me of a Wintergreen Lifesaver. Because I was not overwhelmed by the mint elements, nor any cooling, I think you could probably solo this at even + 0.75% with no issues. I had a expected a thin, minty flavor with cooling, and I was also surprised as it had more body that expected, did not present as ā€œthinā€, and had just a hint of a dry finish. Now it is possible Flavorah somehow snuck in some minor cooling that I was mis-interpretting as dry-ness, but that is still unknown. It was just below mid level sweet, and beyond the slight dry-ness on the finish, I could find no off notes to nit pick. It really did taste almost exactly like a Wintergreen Lifesaver. For any other of you ā€œNot So Sure About Mintā€-ers out there, the minty-ness was in no way overpowering, or heavy handed, and was very even keeled, and JUST strong enough. For some reason, even though rootbeerā€™s donā€™t typically have wintergreen in them (but some do), I had the urge to mix some of this in with a RB or two, just to see how it fared/paired. All in, this was a damned fine Wintergreen, that was accurate, non-fatiguing, nor heavy handed. If you love wintergreen(s), GET IT. If you donā€™t like, or think you donā€™t like mints, you might be surprised. Rating this one high, with only minor take-offs for the slight dry-ness on the finish @ 9.6/10. And that is/was coming from the NOT mint guy at that.

14 Likes

@SessionDrummer I will have to try this one as I can hardly stand the TFA version! Thank you for such informative reviews!

7 Likes

Youā€™re welcome @TimWV. The Cactus Aloe and this one, the Wintergreen really surprised me, as NEITHER was on my racks or IN my wheelhouse. I was actually glad I DID test them. You donā€™t know, what you DONā€™T know. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My SFTā€™s are just about complete. 2 more flavors to go (Licorice & Dulce De Leche) & I get to try them all againā€¦:laughing:ā€¦
I screwed all my testers up and put less percentage in than what I thought I didā€¦ :thinking: Grantedā€¦ I can still taste everything, but Iā€™d like to see where things go with these flavors (i.e. - what all increases). Because at this lightly lower weight, fruity flavors are present in all, but thereā€™s more of a feeling instead of an actual flavor, so Iā€™m gonna re-test everything out again one of these next few daysā€¦ :unamused:

10 Likes

Yuzu (Flavorah) 1% (3-18-23) ā€“ Finishing out this NEW series from Flavorah with the Yuzu. Having never eaten one, I couldnā€™t directly compare it. It presented as a quite unique mix of almost a lighter orange, with some lemon, and almost some grapefruit notes on the finish. Suffice it to say, this IS a citrus flavor LOL. What made it unique was it kind of swirled around with the 3 main elements trading places for the lead. This kept it fairly complex, and an interesting flavor to test. It didnā€™t present as overly aggressive or acidic, and despite itā€™s 3 main notes, was actually fairly smooth. It was tart without being sour, and and was JUST kissed by an almost citrus-y oil on the finish, which did nothing more than drive home itā€™s authenticity. @ 1% it was nicely in the middle of the strength road, and could possibly benefit with a little push up to 1.5%. As it stood, it was quite good, refreshing, and very natural tasting, and kept you guessing almost till the end. In conclusion, this was a great unique citrus flavor that centered around a light orange, lemon and grapefruit, that was below mid-level sweet, and kept you wanting more. Because it did straddle 3 different citrus fruits, you could use it across a variety of recipes with success. All in, a fresh, clean finish to this series, and leaving it fairly high @ 9.0/10.

13 Likes

Thanks again out to Jessica, @wllmc, and Bryson from Flavorah for making this series possible. And if you want to pick up the sample pack, Bull City Flavors has it back in stock ā€¦

7 Likes

I mixed the yuzu up with Blueberry recipe found on here

lowered the lemon lime and added .5% of yuzu and cut the sweetener back came out real nice.
Gets better as it steeps.

10 Likes

Man @SessionDrummer I donā€™t see how u have the patience to type these reviews outā€¦, ok, maybe I shouldā€™ve tried here or VC first. But Iā€™m not very good at typing & Iā€™ve tried to put reviews on @Bull_City_Flavors on all the new FLV products last month & I kept having loading issues so I never tried it againā€¦, but here I am on my 2 days off with nothing to really do so I figured WTH, Iā€™ll finally get these up., itā€™s now 6AM & I only got like 3 reviews loadedā€¦, Iā€™ve been sitting here typing & REtyping paragraphs since about 2AM & it keeps giving me loading problems, so Iā€™m sick & tired of fooling with itā€¦, MAJOR PROPS TO U DMAN!!!

10 Likes