NEW Flavorah Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

One of the HARDER things I find to do @fidalgo_vapes is really TELL the difference between “sweetened”, “candied”, “candy”, “jam”, and “preserves/ed”. It isn’t always very easy. Now I’m 101% sure, they don’t add Pectin to these flavors, but the few that I’ve really gotten a “jam” from, almost had that/those qualities. I also tested it pretty low @ 1%, don’t know if pushing it would eliminate the jammy-ness I got from it or not. I’m putting the PB BACK on the shelf, as I can’t afford to get distracted, … YET …

8 Likes

Lol…OOO SB Jam definetely jammy , this ine reminded ne lot like these fruit snacks my kids love , specifically a handful of purple ones. Gummy , Jammy etc dont translate well for me in Vape. More the candied Gummy i dont get often . WISH I DID

6 Likes

Licorice (Flavorah) 1% (3-5-23) – As IS sometimes the case when testing flavors, you have to test those which you would NEVER use. This IS one of those flavors. I don’t like, eat, or use Black Licorice in pretty much about ANYTHING, hehe, so, let’s see how this goes. Now Black Licorice does have QUITE a history of being used for quite a few things, most notably indigestion. Diving right into this one, and having NO indigestion to speak of, it actually DID taste like a very accurate black licorice. At times, I DID seem to get some molasses wandering in below the anise, and fennel notes. It had an almost “smooth” but not quite reaching anything close to “creamy” aspect to it. Not bitter at all, and at about mid-level sweet. At 1.% it was plenty strong, BUT, could maybe be pushed up another 0.5% for you licorice heads. As mentioned, as a NOT Black Licorice-er, I couldn’t help but notice how accurate it DID taste, and NOT off-putting at the same time, which was quite a mystery to me, being a NON licorie-er. No off-notes, or out of place could be found, with neither the anise, nor fennel being too high in the mix, or any bitterness. From a “this isn’t mind kinda thing” guy, this WAS a great, accurate licorice. I couldn’t go any lower than a 9.5/10.

13 Likes

Pink Lemonade (Flavorah) 1% (3-5-23) – I think finding the perfect Pink Lemonade for EVERYONE is about impossible. One of the best I’ve ever had was Lemonade, Watermelon, and Strawberries. How did Flavorah do ?? Let’s find out. This smelled stronger in the bottle, so like some others, decided to hit it @ 1%, and at that rate it was fairly full, but COULD probably handle another 0.75%. As it stood at the lower weight, the Lemonade came through fairly well, and did have some nice tart/sour sparkle to it, and I could detect SOME “Pink-ening”, BUT, it didn’t seem like it was enough. I needed MO pink in my PL !!! I couldn’t clearly tell what the Lemonade was tempered with, but to say, it did have a pink hue. 3 testers later, I still couldn’t decide if I WAS getting a slight strawberry undertone or not, but suffice it to say, you could boost YOUR pink, and really push this one forward. At 1% it wasn’t lacking overall in the Lemonade department, but I think 1.75% would give it a more solid foothold. The lemonade did remind me of Flavorah’s “Lemonade” (duh, go figure), and rather that overpower the tart/sour WITH sweetness, it felt like they specifically dropped the sweetener down a notch, to allow the tart/sour to push through. Your taste may vary, and I do think that maybe some WM or SB, and possibly some sweetener (depending on your sweet tooth) would help this one out. All in, it was a good Lemonade tempered by some “pink” that you could EASILY boost up as required. Throughout the entire test, I kept thinking, "Yeah, this one’s about 70% there), so leaving this at a solid 7.0/10.

15 Likes

What is the PB that you are referring to?

3 Likes

@KC111 I’ve never made a PB and J, so my first instinct was to grab …

Peanut Butter (CSC) 1.5% (6-22-21) – Good Peanut Butters are out there, but they can be hard to find. Typically PBs fall into two categories, Dry and Salty, or Creamy and Sweet. Chef’s seems to have figured out how to MERGE the two !!! Yes, an almost perfect combination of a creamy, sweet, salty, peanut butter with some dryness which added to the complexity. At 1.5% it was full, present, and delicious, with nothing out of place. It was about mid-level sweet, and leaned slightly towards the creamy sweet, but only slightly. No bitterness could be found, and there was a certain earthy-ness that kept it grounded. Soup to Nuts might just be applicable here, as this one covered a lot of bases, and checked most of the boxes. I think it could be best summed up like a Creamy Jif peanut butter paired with crunchy salted nuts. With it’s authenticity, complexity, and dual personalities I could see many uses for this one. Easily 9.75/10.

Or easily TPA PB.

6 Likes

Thank you for explaining. I thought perhaps FLV came out with a new PB and I missed it.

4 Likes

Well I realize that my Chefs will run out sooner or later, and my previous go to was TPA’s PB. I had some good luck with CAP’s for a sweeter/creamier, but had some minor scalding issues at higher levels. Maybe the sweet spot is basing with TPA’s for the peanuts, and topping with CAP’s, but not sure yet.

6 Likes

Have you tried SSA PB?

5 Likes

With FOUR whole series’s on Sobucky’s how did you pick out one, I haven’t tried ?? !!!

I never solo’d it, but let me see if it SNUCK up on the rack somehow. I did hear good things about it.

6 Likes

I don’t even like PB, so I was just throwing it out there because I heard great things about it, :rofl:

5 Likes

I didn’t used to either @KC111, but once I tried Charlie Noble’s PB Cereal, that changed …

7 Likes

I will see if hubby would like this one. The last PB recipe I made for him, he didn’t care for so now I’m stuck with a 60ml bottle of it.
He loves his Xlim V2, so would you suggest I change the base ratio to 50/50? What thread should I be asking you this question on?

3 Likes

Screw it, ask it here. I think 50/50 would be fine in that POD.

3 Likes

Thank you, it is hard enough maneuvering around as it is. I have a friend that I gave away one of my juices to that has a ‘PG/VG Ratio
70/30 - Beginner/Cig-A-Like’. It was for her Caliburn X, and she said it leaked like you wouldn’t believe, so I just don’t know about all these higher PG for PODs anymore.

3 Likes

As a rule with new flavors I never order more than 10ml if possible. SFT usually determines if a larger bottle is ordered next time around.

9 Likes

@SessionDrummer Your killing me saving yuzu for last lol. I am interested in your thoughts was thinking about mixing it with blueberry.

4 Likes

Yes, you are right, I should have just made a smaller bottle. The mixer of the juice has a good rep so I thought I was mixing a winner.

5 Likes

That SSA Peanut Butter is the dog’s dangly’s for my tastes and it wipes the floor with most other peanut butter’s that I’ve tried. It has that warmth that you get when you put a teaspoon of PB in your mouth or lick the spoon.

7 Likes

How much would this recipe change if I left out the saline?

4 Likes