New health claims?

Maybe you developed a sensitivity to pg? I know Some vapers complained about this. Try lowering your pg %age or use max vg whenever possible, maybe?

1 Like

Hi Dave, and everyone else. Many years ago when I smoked cigarettes I had issues with reflux. My doctor at the time explained that my eusophagus has become lazy because of nicotine coating it. For some years I never smoked anything and I rarely got reflux, I begun smoking again then to switch to vaping, I still experience reflux, some juices make it worse. Conclusion is smoking anything will coat the wind pipe and for some allow stomach fluid to get past the little flap. I find by sipping water constantly keeps my issues at bay, some days I need Zantac.

4 Likes

Nope. Nothing I didnā€™t have previously to vaping.

3 Likes

I have allergies. A lot of allergies. Like my allergist said I should move to another planet kind of allergies. No food allergies, but pretty much everything else. When I smoked I used an inhaler because I seemed asthmatic. Since I quit smoking and watch what I vape, I no longer need an inhaler. I only end up wheezing when I vape flavorings I am allergic to, or contain DAAP or sucralose. I find Iā€™m pretty much allergic to the entire Wonder Flavours line, which kinda sucks cause a lot of them are quite good. But there is something in every single one I try that causes me wheezing, itchy hands and eyes and mouth. A lot of recipes I release for the public I canā€™t vape beyond a few puffs to test that it turns out the way I wanted, because I am so sensitive to so many things. Many of FLVā€™s flavors make me wheezy. Most of CAPs. Many of TFAs. Most of RFs. I pretty much just vape FlavourArt flavors in my daily vaping because most of them donā€™t cause wheezing for me, though a few do that are bakeries and I donā€™t vape them. I never vape sucralose, though I would love to. lol

So yes, vaping some things can bother some people. Generally itā€™s people who already have allergies, but non allergy people can also be sensitive to things like DAAP and sucralose and other random molecules used in flavorings. Many people can vape everything and have no ill effect. So it really just depends on the person and being observant to what you are vaping on, single flavor test flavors when you mix a recipe that causes you to wheeze cause it could just be one offending flavor, or several. Avoid the ones that cause you problems.

8 Likes

Prednisone is amazing imo. Iā€™m now 59 and never had asthma, smoked about 2 Packs per day for about 40 years. 2 years ago I quit smoking/started vaping, thatā€™s when asthma symptoms kicked in for me. My doctor prescribed Albuterol inhaler, it worked good at first, but then as time went on, I had to use it every 4 hours around the clock, which allowed me to vape, so I still vaped as usual.

Now that Primatene Mist is back OTC, I have been using that for a month or so and find it 100 times better than Albuterol. I only use that inhaler maybe a few times a day, my lungs are clearer than ever and I can still blast my brains out sqonking @ 70 watts my favorite DIY max VG on my Drop RDA.

Never had any issues with acid reflux, Iā€™ve always drank a lot of water every day tho, not sure if that matters or not.

4 Likes

When you say ā€œunfilteredā€ coffee. What did you use to make your coffee, a french press? I use a little stove top, Italian made brewer which doesnā€™t use a filter. As a matter of fact I have not used a filter in a very long time now.

The reason I am curious about your experience is the fact that I get kidney stones from time to time. I cut out cokes (cola), pepper, and a few other things. The two thing I could not stop is coffee and chocolate. Anywho, I would be ecstatic if all I had to do was filter my coffeeā€¦

5 Likes

Since about 2007, I started using either an (Italian) Bialetti mocha pot or a French press; depending on my mood. Typically, I drank anywhere from 5 to 8 cups of unfiltered coffee a day.

Now, Iā€™ve never had a UT infection or had to pass a Kidney stoneā€¦ and I hope I never do. :grimacing: But, when I started feeling the pain in my kidneys, it made me wonder what was next! I still drink the total amount of coffee as usual, but filtering that brew made the pain subside completely.

https://www.amazon.com/Melitta-Cone-Filter-Coffeemaker-1-Count/dp/B000MIT2OK

We still use the same pot brewing methods, but, we use one of these now to filter the coffee! :wink:

6 Likes

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been vaping for 5 years and no known ill effects.

Many good suggestions and helpful information by the members here. Someone mentioned to stop vaping, as well. The process of elimination could be helpful. If you quit and your problems persistā€¦letā€™s just say I hope you see a doctor either way. Asthma is no fun.

5 Likes

Ya, thatā€™s what itā€™s called.

Curiousā€¦ Hmmmā€¦ very very interesting. I wonder why? The only thing I can think of is it eliminates the super concentrated coffee (particles?) that you find at the bottom of the pot or your cup.

3 Likes

I have changed, since February I began a keto style diet, for me I just donā€™t eat or use any sugar, I replaced it with erythritol sweetner. No carbohydrates. No longer do I get reflux. Check out Netflix doco magic pill :pill:. Also I follow some YouTube channels for advice and recipes.

2 Likes

Or more appropriately, ā€œwhatā€ā€¦

3 Likes

To be hones, this is not a novelty for me.

1 Like

Im not sure what your referring to ā€¦ Knowone has ever claimed vaping was " healthy " for youā€¦The science does show that vaping is 95pct Safer than combustible tobaccoā€¦To suggest or believe that Vaping is " Healthy " for a person is plain ignorance .

Do you Vape ? Your statement makes me wonder if your anti vaping and if thatā€™s the case why lurk in a Mixing Forum ?

2 Likes