New here, feeling a bit discouraged 😫

First of all just wanted to say hey! I’m Danny. Have been a silent member here for a couple months now. I wanted to try DIY because admittedly, I am hopelessly picky when it comes to eliquids. I’ve tried sooooo many store brands that everyone seems to love and I never like them. After probably hundreds I’ve ended up with maybe a handful I really like. It’s been frustrating and expensive :moneybag: so I decided to try my hand at DIY here and so far it’s been a similar experience.

I’ve gone through about 10 pages of the highest rated recipes here, spent a bit more on flavors than Id like to admit and haven’t cared for most of them. I’ve steeped them all at least 2 weeks or longer as instructed, there’s a few I haven’t tried yet but most I have. Some are ok, others I don’t know what all the hype is about, but have found a few I do really like. Addys Yogurt is the first I actually reviewed here as just when I was ready to give up I tried it and loved it. I also like Strawnana Custard and the Kanzi clone. 3 out of about 50 I’ve made so far isn’t bad… that’s about my average for store brand juice I’d say :joy: I guess it’s just me, maybe my taste buds are out of whack and I’m the crazy one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That being said, this community seems like a great place and I’m glad I decided to give it a shot. I’m hoping you guys could share with me your all time favorites on here? To spare me the digging through pages and buying all these flavors I’ll never use again :tired_face: Despite my picky nature when it comes to categories I’m not that bad. I like desserts, fruity, etc. Only ones I won’t vape are menthol or tobacco. I only use RDA’s vape 3mg at 50-80w and prefer 70/30 or higher. Any inspiration you guys can offer I’d really appreciate it! Thanks!

15 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @dannyb784 !
You are right about the forum being very helpful, I for one had a lot of help from the people here.
If I may ask, to make it easier for everyone to help you, what kind of fruits do you like? What kind of commercial / store bought E juice that you like?

10 Likes

Thanks for the response. :slightly_smiling_face: Only fruits I don’t really like are honeydew/canteloupe, other than that I’m pretty open. Not a fan of floral though. My handful lol of store bought juices are:

Pachamama Fuji Apple
Strawberry Bazooka Sour Straws
Vapetasia Lemonade
Glas Basix Caribbean Punch
Glas Basix Blueberry Cake
Vapetasia Killer Kustard
Country Clouds Banana Bread Pudding
Bananza Shake (Banana Milkshake)
Chain Vapes Why So Cereal (Fruit Loops)
Mamasan Graham Slam

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @dannyb784. I can’t help with similarities with store bought juices. I’ve never had any, all DIY here!

But one suggestion I’d make is to check out the recipe threads, there’s heaps and many an idea to be found.

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/c/e-liquids/recipes

Keep it simple and persevere.

10 Likes

I’ve found it really is a matter of trial and error unfortunately. When I first gave up smoking I was convinced I would like tobacco flavours, and menthols, and maybe Lemon or Lime or anything citrusy that wasn’t too sweet because I don’t have a sweet tooth in real life.

Nope.

I absolutely hate all of the above and adore Raspberry vapes, and custards. And coconut which I don’t like eating either.

So my advice would be to maybe get some flavours that don’t really appeal to you, because you might find you like them as a vape.

10 Likes

Heya @dannyb784… welcome… :slight_smile:

I just finished posting this to someone else… it applies here too.

why not just pick singles that can go together, try them all solo to see where you like… (from low to high) and then make 2 and 3 flavored combos?

Go slow, take notes… :slight_smile:

Sometimes those 5 star multi rated recipes are just not all they are cracked up to be :wink:

find things you enjoy, as a single flavor… relax! if you can find singles you enjoy… you will have flavors you can vape while you experiment… and always remember, keep notes (most important!)

Have fun and ask any questions you can think of… the more you know the better a mixer you will be!

15 Likes

So true. Even today there are a few single flavors, duos and triplets that I much more enjoy than a lot of those 5 star popular recipes.
I can’t even remember the last time I made Strawnana.

11 Likes

Welcome to ELR
Providing a link to your stash would get you more useful suggestions. Best advice is keep it simple for a while, 4 flavors or less. Save the complex mixes for when you’ve had more time getting familiar with how the flavors work together.

9 Likes

Thank you for the advice :slightly_smiling_face: I made my stash public here is the link:

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/publicstash/203132

9 Likes

You could try this one. You have everything except TFA Smooth, which won’t make much of a difference.

7 Likes

You might try these combinations: all %
TFA honeysuckle 3
TFA orange cream 3
INW cactus 0.5
FA peach white 1.5

TFA dragon fruit 0.75
FA forest fruit 3

FW blood orange, natural 2.5
FA passion, passion fruit 1
INW pitaya, dragon fruit 0.7
FA meringue or marshmallow 1

8 Likes

Danny, what you are saying really resonates within me. I’ve been lurking this place for a while before committing to DIY.
I’ve been vaping for a year and half now and I only truly LOVED two or three liquids in this time.
I’m very difficult to please in that domain it appears.
I’ve recently worked with another ELR member on a clone of a juice I had been in love since day one and this is the juice that made me confortable in jumping in the world of DIY.
It does have a lot of ingredients so it’s not exactly cheap to begin with, but it’s very worth it. I’m now making over 1L of it per month for friends and friends of friends who tried it.

The profile of this liquid is sweet, lots of berries, slightly tart and a bit acidic on the tip of the tongue, mouth feel is indescriptible, everything is well rounded. The only problem with this juice is that you wish you had mixed more. I am a bit biased but this is my VERY Honest opinion, you can check the comments on the recipe if you want some vouches :wink:

Also, don’t give up! I’m glad I have to recipe to mix in my routine because some other recipes I’m trying out really makes me want to quit mixing sometimes :joy:

Cheers!

8 Likes

Also I love TFA greek yogurt with kiwi but have none of your kiwis so can’t suggest percentages or combos with the kiwis. If you like a tart yogurt start the greek at 5, personally if it’s the only yogurt I’m using 7-8 works for me. 4% if pairing with another yogurt, 2% to tart up a fruit or cheesecake. You might say I love TFA greek.

8 Likes

I usually order 60mls of flavorings but TFA Greek… I order 500ml each time haha

6 Likes

I just wanted to comment on your stash. I’ve seen many, MANY stashes with all kinds of incorrect and hokey, wtf-is-that flavor names added.
But yours (with the exception of KOOLADA) is by far the best stash created by a new user I’ve seen yet!

As you may or may not know flavor name selection is kinda important in terms of the database and search engine efficiency. So…good job! :+1:

14 Likes

welcome @dannyb784 three recipes that I like a lot, and that I think can be adapted to your tastes …

This one has a coconut, but in a low percentage, just to accompany it, it does not dominate the coconut

And some custards, very balanced, according to my criteria

I have not checked if you have the aromas, only ones that I like. I hope you have fun here, and if you have any questions, there are always people with a lot of knowledge willing to help (I’m not, I’m a rookie)

8 Likes

Danny I looked at your stash and found a old rexipe of mine you can mix with a couple adapted flaves

Remove the FA cream whipped from my recipe completely , change the FA papaya to TPA papaya at .5 to .75pct … You can add sweetener to it if you want

9 Likes

Just to give another perspective on finding something good. Since I fell down the rabbit hole here, I’ve mixed well over 300 different samples and only 10 have made it to my ADV rotation. I can say I’ve tried many that were good, just not good enough to make the final cut. But I keep mixing anyway :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I hate guys like you, making me drool and I don’t have all the flavors :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Looks really yummy!
I refuse to make substitutions on a recipe that took over a year to perfect so I’ll have to wait until a next order :sob: Just missing the harvest berry and blueberry jam, on my shopping list.

8 Likes

Lol
I sub constantly.

10 Likes