New here, feeling a bit discouraged šŸ˜«

Youā€™re welcome. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Wow @dannyb784 what a welcome to the forum, practically everybody gave you an answer, their perspective thoughts and hints!!
My turnā€¦
This happened probably because your experience itā€™s very similar to most of us, start with store bought, spend a lot of money and find out that you donā€™t particularly like any.
When youā€™ll delve deeper into DIY itā€™ll get even worst, you taste them and start saying itā€™s simple, or: Are they actually selling this? Or is this the hype? Itā€™s just full of sucraloseā€¦
Happened to me yesterday again, my wife wanted to taste some tobacco rather then my Latakia mixes and I thought, everybody is talking about this DEA Mexico Tobacco, letā€™s try it, and see (It was about two years I didnā€™t buy a ready made juice) brought home gave it to her and I decided to taste itā€¦ Oh my god ā€¦. another one of thoseā€¦ itā€™s just some RY4/Western with AP and a dash of hazelnutā€¦ Is that all??? Yes it will get worst, because the more experienced you get, the better youā€™ll get, the fussier youā€™ll be!
But donā€™t be discouraged, itā€™s just a just a new hobby and needs study and experience, but, all of a sudden, one day youā€™ll look at a recipe and something happened, youā€™ll start seeing the layers, the accent or why the mixer did this or that or why they used FLV instead of FAā€™s or INW.
Read, search, test and mixā€¦ read search test and mix, and mix, and mix again, did I say mix? Itā€™s the only way, when you start this quest no 5 star recipes will help you get better.
But, as you saw, this great community is ready to give you a hand!
Welcome to ELR Danny!

9 Likes

Welcome @dannyb784, there is not much I can add to what the others have said, except to reiterate that your taste buds are unique, and it only through experimentation that you will arrive at your Nirvana.
Lots of luck.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s a shame what type of juice do you like

3 Likes

And welcome @dannyb784

3 Likes

Thank you! I guess the problem is Iā€™m all over the place :joy: I like desserts, fruits, candy, anything but menthol really and not a big fan of honeydew. Since this post Iā€™ve found a few more that I do like, really liking the yogurts for some reason :thinking: I just find for every 1 I mix that I like thereā€™s 10 that I donā€™t. Just the way it goes I suppose! Now Iā€™m only mixing 5mls at a time so it doesnā€™t sting as much to dump out the rejects lol Iā€™m learning and have tried a few on my own but find Iā€™m better off following otherā€™s recipes for now. Just working my way through the lists and hoping I stumble upon some greatness!

4 Likes

If you want a higher success rate, try https://www.flavorah.com/wp-content/uploads/FLV-Vape-Recipe-Book-1.pdf
Youā€™re welcome :grin:

4 Likes

@dannyb784 do you like lemon meringue pie

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ve tried a few variations on here so far. Lemon is a tough one for me most of the time itā€™s overpowering. Havenā€™t found anything on here yet that beats a store brand juice I like: Sad Boy Butter Cookie. They really nailed the not too much lemon thing lol I have to remake the Dinner lady clone on here everyone seems to love as I messed that one up myself with too much lemon by accident. :expressionless: Itā€™s on my try again list. :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you this recipe book looks awesome! I like most of their flavorings too, get what you pay for Iā€™m learning!

2 Likes

You might want to try mine. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Think thatā€™s still vapable without the tobacco and zest, or anything I could take to fill in that gap?
Having 100 Flavorah flavors is still not enough :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Part of it is the flavors, part the recipe makersā€¦
On ELR, youā€™ll see everything from any Tom Dick and Harry but the people who made recipes for this book are all ā€œchefsā€ who take DIY seriously. I made 8 recipes from it so far and only 1 needs serious tweaking for my taste.

6 Likes

Only way to find out is mix it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Try my Benā€™s lemon meringue pie Iā€™m Ben by the way add super sweet to make it like Mr meringue premium shop bought juice

4 Likes

@dannyb784 try this http://tjek.nu/r/xhBp
Add super sweet to make it like shop juice

3 Likes

Welcome TO the party @dannyb784. THAT ^^^^^ is exactly what MOST of us went through. Waayyy too much right ?? It WILL go even deeper than just your preferred vaping types, NEXT it will extend into you FLAVOR purchasing !!!

Welcome to the WONDERFUL world of trying to figure out what works for YOU. I know I went through that, it takes time, gets boring, BUT, itā€™s ESSENTIAL IMO to the DIYā€™ing.

Smart, smart, and MORE smart.

3 Likes

You KNOW, you ARE feeding her, right ??

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

LOL

#Enabler

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

hehe!!! Iā€™m about to fire up my L.O.T.I dripper
Im going rip out a 9ft cloud, just for you @SessionDrummer <3 :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes