New Here Need Guidance

Hi Im new to mixing. I have made my adv which is extreme Ice by fw. I’m looking to make a Vanilla Ice if you will. If anyone could help me out and help me figure out a good percentage of what I should use of what it would be much appreciated. I have the scale etc etc. I’m just not sure what with what or what % etc of flavoring.
My adv is a nice strong menthol hit… which is what I go for but Im wondering if I can get that same minty hit with a nice vanilla to it that’s not overly muted yet icy
Here is what I have.

Extreme Ice FW
TFA Vanilla Custard
TFA Vanilla Swirl
French Vanilla CAP
Cake Batter CAP
Creme De Menthe TFA
Koolada TFA
Super Sweet CAP

and others
Fudge Brownie FW
Sweet Strawberry CAP
Watermelon Candy TFA
Double Chocolate Dark TFA

5 Likes

Hi and Welcome to ELR.
If you check out the E-liquids > Beginners section, there are a couple good guides (and posts from previous new users) that will get you up to speed. Searching for “guide” will really take you to the next level in no time.

If you add those flavorsto your stash (and pay attention to using the correct flavors), then use the “what can I make” function to turn up all kinds of recipes. You can sort by rating if you’re just interested in recipes that others approve of.

4 Likes

Hi Ty for replying. I did do a search on vanilla mint, ice, peppermint, etc I wasn’t finding anything with what I have. in the forum and recipe unless I just am horrible at searching lol I did try the search your stash but I must be doing something wrong or nothing is on there with what I have…?

4 Likes

If you’ve entered your flavors to your stash, try https://e-liquid-recipes.com/search and select the flavors you want to mix with. Some recipes should pop up. If not, maybe something wrong did happen and you’d save yourself a lot of time and frustration by flipping through those guides. They’re easy reading and not too long.

I don’t like cold vapes very much so I can’t advise you on what to combine with your flavors. Mint and vanilla don’t play nice with me.

3 Likes

Im thinking I might just wing it… Nothing came up unfortunately in the shop your stash. Im just not sure if the total flavor % is too high or If there is a rule of thumb for that. Any edit suggestions welcomed

2 Likes

Here’s what you could do. Drop the percentages a bit of the VS to 3 and VC to 4. Make 15ml, try it. These flavors could do with a one week waiting period, if not more. After a week, try it again. If it’s too weak, then add another 1-2% of each, then try it again. The numbers you have now are too high for those flavors.

Remember, it’s easy to add to a mix, but you can’t subtract from it.

4 Likes

I will do just that! I do have some 10ml bottles. It didn’t even cross my mind that I had them. Thanks for the reminder. Yeah Flavor percentages and totals, I will need to read up on since all Ive made is my easy all day vape… one that I actually found on the recipe search that I tweaked just a tiny bit. :grin: Thank you much for your time and input.

5 Likes

Personally, I would mix this at
Vanilla swirl 3-4%
Vanilla custard 2-3%
Super sweet to taste
extreme ice to taste

I use a restricted dtl rta though.
If I may ask, What hardware do you use? (Mod and atomizer)

4 Likes

Sure… I use the Aspite Nautilus Tank and the Vaporesso Luxe

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR! Don’t neglect the Creme De Menthe! It’s a wonderful velvety frosty flavor! Which ever vanilla flavors you like the best, toss some of the CDM in there. This one is an ADV for me. You’re missing a few ingredients but you can sub or play around with the ones you have.

4 Likes

Ahh Yes… I will be trying that out also! I can’t wait to play around with it! Thanks for the recipe link!!!
I love my ice mint flavors! Even my gum is super strong minty peppermint. I think it’s dentyne article chill.

4 Likes

@Vap0rChick welcome your in the right place everyone will help

4 Likes

I am moving away from extreme ice, .4% peppermint fa, .5% ws-23 30% and a .4% menthol TPA give me much of the same feeling with a cleaner mint. Percentages indicative rather than normative.

Try to start with low concentrations of flavours, many many mixers use too much flavourings, and taste the flavours less :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s the same tank my husband is using, mouth to lung . Also one I used many years ago. I never cared for menthol, but I used to make this without the Extreme Ice

2.00% Cake Batter (CAP)
2.00% French Vanilla (TPA)
0.50% Super Sweet (CAP)
3.00% Vanilla Custard (TPA)
2.00% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)

I would think you could add in 2.00% Extreme Ice (FW)

2 Likes

Hi @Vap0rChick and welcome :grinning: I’m no expert at mixing but I agree with @natbone in regards to dropping the % down on the Vanilla Swirl and the Vanilla Custard. With me, I always go to the “resources” side of the site and check out the median averages for each flavor I’m gonna use to make up my testers. Most times I use the averages shown or start just a little under. Just did a quick look and the average % used for your recipe flavors are as follows:

Vanilla Swirl @ 2%
Extreme Ice @ 2%
Vanilla Custard @ 3%
Super Sweet @ 0.50%

I understand and accept that everyone’s taste buds are different, but it still looks like you’re a little high on those 2 vanillas. Maybe keep the Extreme Ice where it is and good on you for keeping that Super Sweet low :+1: The advice from @delltrapp looks sensible too so you could possibly make up a small tester using those percentages.

As I said, I’m no expert at mixing but just thought I’d add my 2c worth. Best of luck and hope you get this one nailed. Cheers.

4 Likes