New mixer here would like someone to please help me out

Hello,my name is Branden.I have been vaping for over a year.I just got into diy and have no idea what I’m doing really.I have some one shots steeping and I know how to use the calculator I just ya e no idea how to make a recipe or anything that actually taste good.Could someone please look at my flavor stash and recommend something good for me to make please and thank you very much!:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Go into options and make it public for start, we’ll see if you’ve entered your flavours in correctly
From there you can click what can I make, but let’s see the stash first to see if you have anything workable.

2 Likes

It’s public

2 Likes

Welcome! It does have some errors that prohibit u from finding recipes. The ELR Users Guide to Creating Your Flavor Stash give that a read and hopefully it will help u correct them. For example TPA=TFA=The flavor apprentice. We use TPA in our database so any ones not listed w/ that syntax need correcting. Always make sure you spell everything correctly as you start to type and choose the closest in the drop down menu w/ the most recipe amounts listed to the right in the list. Another clue that you have listed them right is if u were to click on a flavor in your stash, you should see notes and recipes by others listed on the flavor page. Do a little reading and gl to u!

4 Likes

Really I would like someone to have a look at my flavor stash and direct me on something I can actually make that will taste good,thanks in advance

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan after ya fix the obvious errors. Plenty of folks here are happy to help but you have to attempt to do some work on your own.

3 Likes

No problem just gotta figure out what’s wrong I clicked the make flavor stash public let me have a see hang on

2 Likes

I have no idea what errors I made van you please tell me so I can fix them I have no idea what I’m doing or how to do anything here except you the ejuice calculator and mix other people’s recipes as far as this community blog stuff goes I have no clue I have never been here before so I’m not that smart to this yet

2 Likes

OK I finally figured it out and I fixed it!Told ya I’m not too smart with this kinda thing but I’m trying

4 Likes

Well you could make a cereal… Cereal 27, some cream, some marshmallow, strawberry ripe and strawberry… If you click on the names it’ll show you what most people mix them at… Most folks go a little higher on the ripe and a bit lower on the other supporting strawberry… Figure out some percentages and post them here and see what folks think…

It’s not that easy, I should mention. The good mixers tend to mix individual batches of flavours in small quantities to see what percentages work for them and even if they like the flavour at all, but you can gauge a mix with those stats.

3 Likes

OK what do you think about this
Cereal 27( cap) 4%
Marshmallow (cap)2%
Strawberry ripe (tpa)5%
Strawberry (tpa)4%
Sweet cream(tpa)3%

I’m gonna try this let’s see how it goes I’m only going to make 5 ml

OK what do you guys think of my changes haven’t gotten around to anything yet because of work :frowning:

2 Likes

Single flavour testing should be considered, but if you’re looking for a juice to mix up it’s a good way to see if you’re handicapped or handicapable with the information provided!

I realize that not everyone has the budget to mix single flavours of everything they buy.

3 Likes

That looks pretty good, I should have mentioned that the calculator enters in your averages for you, but this way you know where to look for notes and recipes with a specific flavour.

I’d lower the Ripe to about 5, myself… If you need more of that accenting flavour you can add more, but you can’t take away… Often less is more most folks will tell you here, but it looks as though that will work. I’m no pro, I dump a lot of liquid :stuck_out_tongue: I’m just awake :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well what I did was I looked up some recipes I hit the rating got the best rated recipes then I bought all the flavorings and mixed them up in 15 ml bottles k try a little every day and they taste not good they have been steeping for 4 days so far the recipes are naked 100 lava flow clone by b_dlight
Farleys nearly sauce clone by vaping souljahhh
Jam monster blueberry clone by kucherenkoZZZ

3 Likes

Thanks!!I’m gonna try and mix a 10 ml of this tomorrow!

2 Likes

You’ve got it down man, just need your creativity and you’ll do fine… But again, most will mention to make single flavour testers first

3 Likes

Absolutely and thanks for your time and help my friend!!

4 Likes

Your One shots are still not entered correct, perhaps @Sprkslfly can create standardized database entries for the LB one shots and make a post for new folks as they can be used as ingredients. I don’t know if such a thing exists as of yet, it’s pretty late and I’m tired.

4 Likes

It’s a decent start but I am weary of recipes like this because of the amount of EM (ethyl maltol) in it.
You can check the MSDS sheets on the flavor pages from TPA, or you could visit their website to see how much EM is already used in independent flavor concentrates… it adds up quickly if you go with higher flavor percentages.

Maltol, Ethyl Maltol, Vanillin etc are additives that have a muting effect. While they may taste good from a shake and vape, the flavor will diminish over the next days / weeks.
Maltol and Ethyl Maltol are additives that mimic a cotton candy flavor. The molecules give an aroma (they work on the nose, not the tongue) that slightly sweetens up a juice. If you want something that actually tastes sweet, you’re probably better off by replacing it with sucralose. Sucralose is derived from sucrose and you can taste it on your tongue, hence the perceived sweetening is much stronger.

That being said, marshmallow, strawberry ripe AND sweet cream are already flavors that are very sweet (often used as sweeteners themselves), so you can probably just drop the added Ethyl maltol without replacing it.

2 Likes

OK I’m dropping the ethyl maltol thanks for your advice I really appreciate it!

3 Likes