NEW NomNomz Super Concentrates (Super Charged) Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

@SessionDrummer Very interesting, I too thought it was a bit candied but I did not detect grape, that little “imp” lingering in the background, to me and I stress me, I thought it more of an almost slightly underripe pear with a bit of the skin which in turn kinda made it almost a wild raspberry. Here in West Virginia depending on what region you pick them, our wild raspberries taste slightly but noticeably different. Where I live, the raspberries are fairly sweet and delicious and carry a little delightfully “tart greenish” start and finish with a really fresh red sweetness. Just two hours south of me the raspberries are quite smaller but incredibly sweet from start to finish. Mix those together for a great pie! :yum: I really liked this raspberry by Nomz and ordered a couple more bottles :crazy_face: sorry for disrupting your thread…

7 Likes

@TimWV hehe, that’s a good way to describe it.

Interesting …

Wow, I only wish I had such bushes growing around here.

5 Likes

@TimWV you are ON mission Sir. No disruption at all. Please, continue.

5 Likes

Come on down around mid July and I’ll take you to Hinton (near Beckly) and we’ll pick buckets full! :grin:

6 Likes

I just got some sort of creaminess from the vanilla, but I did get vanilla in the marshmallow.

6 Likes

Hibiscus (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-18-24) – Wow, this one was a PUNCHY lil’ one. I have to check, but I’m pretty sure I have all of ONE Hibiscus flavor on my racks (well, TWO now), and that’s saying something, so keep that in mind. This one DID hit me with some Florals right out of the gate, BUT, in the case of this flavor, that wasn’t off-putting, or a negative. It was a VERY strangely interesting flavor, and it seemed to revolve around two main notes. The first was a light, sweet floral that was bright, and very light on the palate, and the second was a darker, almost tart berry-ish note, that was similar to a pomegranate mashed up with a cranberry. And THERE you go, hehe. Trying to explain these notes was actually a challenge, or at least making them make SENSE was a challenge. Together, the light floral along with the dark/er tart berry-ish tones was QUITE an interesting combination. I think it was a little dark(er) and tarty-er than the only other one I’ve ever tested. Now the light florals may or may not be for everyone’s tastes, but in this case, they really seemed to play well off of the darker, tart notes. No off-notes with the exception of the light florals for some people, and at 1.5% it was really good. Because it wasn’t in my normal wheelhouse I’d have to think about some good uses for this one, but as it stood, it was a VERY unique one, and am going to place it high, as it seemed to do what it needed to do, and it did it well. Light florals, sweetened, and with a darker, tart berry low end. Leaving this one high @ a 9.6/10.

14 Likes

Kiwi (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-19-24) – I love Kiwis, and I knew something was "different’ with this one, when mixing it up. First off, I didn’t get a lot of Kiwi from it. There was some in there, but it was NOT the dominant note. What WAS, was actually a pretty good Honeydew Melon. YES, honeydew, with maybe another “green”-ish flavor mixed in, but unsure exactly what it was. Hehe, WAIT a minute, I think it might have been a Cucumber ?? OMG, what IS this flavor ?? OK, ok, it was BARELY a Kiwi, let’s get that out of the way (again), BUT, hehe, it was rather a very interesting, and GOOD flavor. I’m going to have to bang it pretty hard in the score area, BUT, if you are interested in a Kiwi, Honeydew Melon Cucumber mashup, you may wan to pick this up, because, it was strangely addictive, and dammit, it tasted good. OK, at 1.5% it was very present, no “off-notes” (please see above) per se, and sweetness was a few ticks below mid level. While I cannot recommend this as a Kiwi flavor, as a cool Honeydew/Cucumber (with a hint of Kiwi), I can ABSOLUTELY recommend it. Wow, this one WAS a surprise. I did actually blow through all 3 testers, so it was actually pretty good, refreshing, and actually, very natural tasting. Just not a Kiwi. Marking this one down solely for the Lack-O-Kiwi, and leaving it at a low 4.5/10.

13 Likes

As a typical rule, I never read any other reviews for flavors before I post my own. It can VERY easily change or “color” my opinion. Sometimes, if I get a really screwball result I’ll check my equipment, re-wick, re-mix, even re-coil, and re-test, and if that doesn’t work, sometimes I’ll reach out to see if anyone else had the same issues.

After I posted the Kiwi review on my primary sites, I did check ELR to see if someone, anyone had a similar take, and LOW and behold. One person did, and thank God, hehe.

Nuggi 1 2 3 4 5

25% unripe Kiwi,
50% unripe honeydew melon
25% cucumber peel…

not what i look for in a kiwi…

Nuggi (@MettehjsI) I don’t know you, but you NAILED it on this flavor. Glad it wasn’t just me.

9 Likes

Papaya (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-20-24) – My first thought on this one was, “Is this a Papaya Custard” !!! Wow, didn’t see this one coming. This one was tasty, and CREAMY !!! I am now finishing the third tester, and I’m still stuck on that first thought. At 1.5% it was very rich, full, and (repeating), creamy. It was soo creamy, that I’d swear that it was paired with an almost vanilla custard. Now I didn’t get overt eggy-ness like you would from a stiff VC, but dammit, it sure almost tasted like it. The Papaya had a sprinkling of bright, top notes, but was far more centered on the mid to almost mid-dark notes of the Papaya. The bright, orange, fleshy notes hit you up front, and then for the remainder from the middle to the finish there it slid into a deep orange, rich and creamy-ness, that really almost rivaled some good VC’s. I’ve had somewhat creamy Papayas before, but nothing like this one. Wow.

The Papaya notes were fairly accurate, rich, and natural tasting, and unless you can call a cream, cream, creamy-ness an off-note, I couldn’t detect any. Sweetness was below mid-level, and there was a nice little tarty punch at the VERY end, that added some zing to the finish. I have never had a Papaya like this one before, and the only hard part on scoring this one, was to determine if the creamy, almost VC like main carrier note overshadowed the Papaya or not. It was really hard to judge this, and judge it for ALL of you, BUT, in the end, I decided that it did not, and finalized this one very high. Accurate, natural, and the creamiest Papayas I have ever tested, and so much so, that I wanted to call it a Papaya Custard. If you like Papayas, Custards, or Vanilla Custards, you SHOULD run out and get this one. About the only people this might not appeal to would be those in need of a “light and bright” only Papaya. I’ll take some more of this one, and will leave it very high at a 9.85/10.

11 Likes

Has anyone gotten the Supercharged Nomz Lemon Custard? I’m wondering if it is any better than the OG Chefs Lemon Custard. I want to mix a lemon or lime pudding/curd type of recipe.

5 Likes

I liked it. It’s on par with the raspberry custard. The lemon is mellowed quite a bit. I liked all the custard’s. All of them lingered on my pallet. Dense, but mellow fruit. I don’t have the OG to compare it too though.

These are my quick notes

Lemon Custard SC Nomz 2%

thick custard, not a ton of egg, but buttery custard. The lemon is on the mellow. Great mouthfeel, thick, nice lemon, no off notes, nothing out of place, well blended. <

8 Likes

Thanks Lynda that sounds good I guess the lemon needs to be boosted with a good lemon flavor. I tried the MF Lemon a few years ago but probably tried it way too high. I think I’ll get another bottle and try adding .25%.

4 Likes

Hehe @McDuckie, MF’s Lemon is an Ultra Ultra, and as you have probably surmised, can easily be used down to the 0.25-0.50% range.

2 Likes

Thanks SD I had a bottle of MF Lemon a few years ago and because I didn’t know it was alcohol based I SFT it at 2% :face_with_hand_over_mouth: it just about dissolved my tastebuds. So I used it to make a tray of expensive glycerin soap. Oops LOL

2 Likes

6 Likes

Nougatine (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-21-24) – Well there was no confusing this one with a Nougat, as there was no egg whites, or candied fruit. Roasted nuts, butter, and caramelized sugar is what this one was. Wow, yet another “TAH” (Tasty As Hell) one here people. It was very accurate, and convincing with no off-notes, distractions, or anything out of place. At 1.5% while very rich, and full, was still a relaxed flavor. Sweetness was just below mid-level, and that was a surprise given it’s IRL ingredients. The caramelized sugar was just about as close to perfect as you could get, and with no scorched or bitter notes. The nut(s) were somewhat of a mystery but tasted like a hazelnut/pecan mashup, which were present, but not dominant in the mix. At times I got hints of actual butter, other times not, but the buttery richness, and smoothness were always present. I couldn’t come up with any complaints EXCEPT for wanting MORE !!! Often times, sweetened, rich flavors like this can grow fatiguing after a while or loose some of their pep, but this one stayed tasty till the last tester. The pairing of the nuts, butter, and caramelized sugar was very well done, and that kept it balanced. There was an almost honey-like quality to it, without any overt honey notes. All in, a very accurate Nougatine with just about perfect levels of roasted nuts, caramelized sugar, and butter. Very hard to nit-pick other than the somewhat relaxed satuarion. Easily a 9.3/10.

13 Likes

I’m so jealous of your detailed notes lol BUT yes to all of this. The nutty, rather syrupy, brown sugar-ish/dark honey vibes. I definitely got a candy bar vibe this. I picked up hazelnut, almond-y notes. I was very surprised at this one.

7 Likes

Hehe, I dunno @Lynda_Marie, it’s more like paragraphs of torture !!! :slight_smile:

Yes, I wasn’t sure about the Nougatine, because at first, it smelled a little dark and bitter, at least in the bottle but WOW, like you said, very surprising.

3 Likes

I been looking for a good candy bar nougat but candy bar nougat dont have nuts or butter. Its just egg white and cooked sugar

5 Likes

Meringue and marshmallow? :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes