NEW NomNomz Super Concentrates (Super Charged) Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

Meringue and marshmallow? :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Tobacco RY4 (SC) (Nomz) 1.5%/2.0% (3-23-24) – Breaking into another RY4 with this one. I’ve tested more RY’s lately, so this one will be added to the list. I tested at two weights, and started with 1.5%, and felt it needed a little more, and increased it to 2.0%, with minimal gains, so this one did seem to top out around the 1.5%-1.6% as a solo. This one was fairly caramel dominant with some lighter, maybe golden tobacco in the background. The caramel was very good, sweet, rich, and with some VERY nice darker notes. The darker notes might have been scorched, but not burnt or bitter, and blended directly into the tobacco notes, so it was hard to nail down exactly. While the Caramel was rich, I didn’t get any overt butter from it, but rich it was. Sweetness was fairly high, and just at, or slightly above mid-level, but not cloyingly so. Candied-ish, maybe, but def. a sweeter RY4. Although the bacco played second fiddle to the caramel it tasted natural, with some darker tones, but no ash or grit, which led to a smooth(er) overall experience. All in, this was a broad spectrum, rich, sweetened caramel with light scorching, paired with a somewhat lighter tobacco which seemed golden, with some darker notes. No off-notes, and my only “wish” would have been a slight reduction in sweetness, and an increase OF the bacco. Still very tasty, and finalized it at a flat 9.0/10.

10 Likes

Cucumber (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-28-24) – After a slight break, BACK into these with the Cucumber. This smelled, and tasted very natural and accurate to a real cucumber. Mostly the body, with some hints of skin. On the finish, it rounded out with a slight honeydew, which was an interesting twist. Overall it was a fairly sweet flavor, and I’m not sure if that helped or hurt it overall. Not candied, but still fairly sweet, and at about mid-level sweet. No off-notes, with the exception of the aforementioned slight honeydew finish. At 1.5% it was very full, and might be able to be reduced 0.2% or so. Not oversaturated, but 1.1-1.3% might be the better solo weight. Fresh, juicy, natural, accurate, and tasty. Hard to nit-pick, BUT, I’ll throw in a minor take-off for the higher than expected sweetness, and the ever so slight green honeydew-ish finish. Leaving it still VERY high at a 9.0/10.

11 Likes

The best nougat I’ve tried is INW Nougat, its more of a plain white nougat (thick and gooey) as opposed to a fluffy nougat flavor. For a candy bar nougat id say use a marshmallow or mousse flavor. I used VT Chocolate mousse with a bit of marshmallow for the nougat in a three musketeers mix that worked fairly well.

4 Likes

I think that could work for a fluffy nougat. Just have to play with the %.

3 Likes

Cream (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-31-24) – Wow, how exciting IS testing Dairies and Creams ?? Kinda lol. The thing that makes them hard, is that solo it’s impossible to figure out exactly what they’ll do in mixes. Mouthfeel, mouthfeel, mouthfeel is the name of the game with this one. It was somewhat bland as a solo, but with some light whole milk, and actual dairy cream notes, but LIGHT was the operative phrase. The creamy, dense mouthfeel however, was a force to be reckoned with. It was quite thick, and coated the palate, and it did it in a GOOD way. Very creamy (duh). At times I got light notes similar to TPA’s DairyMilk but very light. Sweetness was there, but fairly low, and well below mid-level. I didn’t detect any off-notes, sourness, etc. While it was somewhat lighter on actual flavor, it was flush with a rich creamy mouthfeel that would almost surely cream up mixes, soften sharp edges, and add a smoothness. An impressive showing, and about the only take-off would be the somewhat light flavor aspect, nothing else to complain about. Creamy, mouthfeel, with light whole milk, and dairy creamery notes was what this one was. Too much mouthfeel to take this one down much, and leaving it high at 9.5/10. Creamy Keeper.

13 Likes

Dragonfruit (Pitaya) (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-1-24) – Right away, I could tell this wasn’t JUST a Dragonfruit. I did get some DF in this flavor, but it was only a PART of the entire flavor. There was a fairly present note, that was fairly distracting, and NOT from the DF persuasion, and it almost resembled a cantaloupe melon. An odd profile to have in a DF, and it didn’t entirely mesh well WITH the DF. At times, I also got hints of Kiwi in there as well. This one, despite being very unique, seemed all over the place most of the time, and was fairly distracting, and wouldn’t work out well, as a solo, or main driver DF. Sweetness was just below mid-level, and the off-notes were more than present, and fairly distracting. All in, more of a mish-mosh of a DF with some other fruits, and somewhat of a cantaloupe. Marking down for the off (distracting) notes primarily, and leaving this one somewhat lower at a 4.3/10.

11 Likes

Praline (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-1-24) – If you’re not sure what a Praline is, it varies somewhat, depending on where they’re made. This one did remind me of an American “Down South” version, as I got a nice little pecan nutty-ness from it. Now in conflict with that, I did get a very light chocolate at times, not typically found IN the American version, so perhaps it was a mashup of versions. Sugary, buttery, caramel-y, and nutty were what I got from this one. At 1.5% it tasted VERY good, BUT, was still somewhat relaxed (sorry). Perhaps bumping it to 2.0% would help. As I made my way through the testers, the buttery richness on the finish increased, making it even tastier, and with some lighter toffee-ish notes. The underlying nutty-ness was hard to nail down, as one minute I got more of a Pecan, other times, a light, non-bitter hazelnut !!! Yes, it was a deliciously confusing flavor to try and describe. I will say, even somewhat relaxed, it was HARD to put down. No off-notes to be had, and sweetness was about a tick below mid-level. All in, a VERY good candy-ish flavor with light nutty-ness (pecans/hazelnuts), sweetness, butter, and light caramel/toffee notes. It was a very accurate representation, even if it straddled one or more type. Too good to not leave this one high, and finally decided on a 9.6/10 with the only issue being the somewhat relaxed nature at my 1.5% testing weight.

12 Likes

Nice to know…When i really want a super thick cream with little flavor i use Amoretti Heavy Cream , but its a flavor nobody uses so i dont ever use it in public recipes

7 Likes

That was the main part of my skimpy little half assed notes lol thick and pallet coating. Such a boring flavor to test, but definitely useable. It’s a good cream! Like half and half to me.

Did you smell butyric from the bottle? I did, but definitely didn’t taste any while vaping it. I’m not sensitive to that, but when I smelled it, I was so hoping I wasn’t going to taste it.

3 Likes

I read your notes after posting, and saw that, and went back to the bottle, and couldn’t smell any. It was such a light flavor all around. There was a slight “something” that I smelled in the bottle, but didn’t get in the vape, but didn’t seem like BA. It may have been too light for me to pick up on it in the bottle.

3 Likes

Pear (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-2-24) – I’ve had some very “so-so” luck with Pear flavors in general, and am always hoping the NEXT one, will BE the one. This one DID have some nice Pear notes in it, BUT, I got some other notes too. As strange as it sounds I got some light Celery, and almost Tea notes from this one. Both of them were light, but I def. got them both. There was an interesting “Honey-like” aspect to this one at my 1.5% testing weight. Not the overt taste OF honey, but somewhat honey-like. It was very full and tasty at this weight, and sweetness was almost at mid-level. I had a very hard time trying to articulate the exact ratio of peach, to celery, and light tea, but maybe 80% pear, 15% celery, and 5% light tea to give you an idea. Mostly Pear, but with some passengers. Were they deal breakers ?? Ehhh, not deal breakers, but take-offs for sure. Like MOST other Pear flavors, I never got the “Sugar Sand” effect, which may be IMPOSSIBLE to replicate in a flavor, and the Pear I did get was fairly natural with some slight artificial notes. While not tart, there was a little sizzle in there, almost like a citrus-y kick to it, which kept this one interesting. Every now and again, I did seem to get a hint of skin, which kept it more authentic, than not. While weighing the take-offs, this one was one of the better Pears I’ve tried, and keeping that in mind, I decided to leave it at a 9.0/10.

11 Likes

Energy Drink (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-3-24) – As a rule, I don’t drink Energy Drinks, and am not entirely sure why more and more MFG’s are making this flavor, BUT, they are. For any of you “Energy Heads” who DO try this, feel FREE to chime in, as I can’t compare this to Monster or any other ED. As expected this one WAS a medley of flavors, so get out your pen and paper, because I got a few in here. After three tanks, this was the closest I could get. I got a non-fizzy mountain dew-ish flavor, paired with a Flintstones chewable vitamin, along with a nice red, candied apple, and possibly another “red candied” berry fruit. And THERE it is, that’s as confusingly close, as I can make it. Now the chewable vitamins flavor wasn’t overpowering, nor bitter, so it wasn’t off-putting. Sweetness was at about mid-level, and it was (I don’t drink these things) fairly good, and present at 1.5%. Off-notes ?? Hehe, I have no clue what’s supposed to be in here LOL. Let’s say no. All in, it actually wasn’t bad, and I didn’t grow fatigued after 3 testers, and it was fairly unique, at least as flavors on my racks. I can’t directly compare it to any ED’s on the market, so scoring this will be a wild guess. Because it was tasty, interesting, and non-fatal (LOL), I’ll leave this one higher on the scale, and leave it at a 9.2/10. Interesting, non-medicinal, with good, light chewable vitamins notes, and more.

10 Likes

JUST NOW getting into the Puffed Rice, and I had to take time out, and tell @STR8V8PING, “You were right”.

3 Likes

Hell yea i was. Its awesome. So much flavor from a profile you wouldnt think would be

3 Likes

@STR8V8PING now that I’m finishing tank one, and filling tank two, I wonder if …

4 Likes

Its def worth a try. Ill mix some up with it. I feel like the nomz puffed rice is a lil bit darker though like bicuitish

3 Likes

I got an email from Nomz with a “we-miss-you” code and I don’t see an expiration date, so I assume I can wait until D-man wraps up :sunglasses:

5 Likes

You can get your order on @robrrt1, I don’t have many left to test. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If that happens to expire, you can always get 15% off using NOTED15 anytime.

8 Likes