NEW NomNomz Super Concentrates (Super Charged) Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

I got diet monster. It left that artificial sugar aftertaste for me. Definitely accurate.

I don’t drink them anymore either, but my go to was Monster as opposed to Red Bull.

5 Likes

Heh, the code they sent was only 12%

5 Likes

Never drank any in my entire life.

4 Likes

Man i just tried the madeleine. My fav cookies in the world are italian cookies. Man this is so spot on perfect. Just off the shake i think it shot up to my second fav of all the noms line. Its a perfect italian cookie. Got the texture and everything. I eat boxes of these. They are sold in literally every store here in ny

Its unreal how they got the perfect note for the buttery grainy texture. Its blowing my mind

Gotta try to make some recipes with this for some chocolate dipped ones with the jam in the middle.

9 Likes

I made a lemon meringue cookie with it, it came out great. You are correct, they really killed it with this one.

7 Likes

Agreed!

I made a lemon buttermilk pie using the madeleines for the crust part and topped with SSA whipped cream, so good!

7 Likes

Puffed Rice (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-4-24) – Is Puffed Rice the same as Rice Krispies ?? No. Krispies have malt flavor, sugar, and salt, whereas MOST Puffed rice, is just that. This flavor is probably the MOST accurate PR that I’ve ever tested. It literally smelled, and tasted JUST like a fresh bag of PR cereal. No malt, no salt, and only marginally sweet. It also had that almost dry-er cardboard-y note that the real cereal has, and no, that’s not an off-note, it’s an accurate note. While there were SOME similarities between say TPA’s Rice Crunchies, and FE’s Sweet Rice, it was still quite different and unique. No real off-notes to speak of, with the exception of a very slight AP note, but it was very light, and I almost didn’t even mention it. PRC (Puffed Rice Cereal) is ALL you need to know about this one. Very barely sweetened, and it was pretty full at my 1.5% testing weight. Just SUPER accurate. That’s all there is people. Marking down only very slightly for the very slight AP note, but that was IT. Tasty, accurate, and true. Easily a 9.9/10.

14 Likes

Oh heck ya those Java Monsters were the best. Especially the Irish Cream Java Monster. I bought one the other day :face_vomiting: they changed the recipe now they are disgusting.

3 Likes

I remember Malto Meal Puffed Rice Cereal, if was actually good. Is this flavor starchy like something you could use in a rice pudding?

2 Likes

I think the best one for rice pudding is the fe sweet rice but yea this one will work too

3 Likes

Isn’t that the kind of cookie they use for Tiramisu? Also called Lady Fingers.

2 Likes

That’s the one! I tried one in Florida years ago, and drank them daily. I haven’t had one in about 12 years though.

2 Likes

The Italian name is savoiardi I order them from Amazon when I don’t have time to make them

4 Likes

No. Ladyfingers are more of a cake. I never heard it called madeleine before but this flavor it a perfect italian butter cookie. A light crumbly cookie with light butter

3 Likes

While traditional tiramisu relies on ladyfingers, tiramisu cake often uses layers of sponge cake soaked in espresso and sometimes a touch of liqueur . The quintessential mascarpone cream remains a constant, but the structure allows for creative variations

Depending on what you want . It can be a cookie (Italian) or a cake (Americanized).

4 Likes

As far as the italian cookies i were refering to specifically these

Theres lots of different italian cookies im sure but these are just called italian cookies here in NY at least. The madelaine flavor has this specific spot on profile and texture which is a more dryish very light and crumbly cookie where as lady fingers is a more dense spongy texture

5 Likes

I love madeleines, they’ve been a tradition for our family since I was a little boy and our family recipe was passed down to me. I make them many different ways; dipped, topped with jam, etc.
@STR8V8PING you’re getting me itching to try to create a madeleine vape now! :slightly_smiling_face: :yum: :drooling_face:

7 Likes

Same here. I got a few ideas already. What would make a good sprinkles

2 Likes

I think you could. It’s a very blank slate Rice, and can / could be push/pulled into any direction.

1 Like

About madeleines. I will be talking about French madeleines, not how they are made elsewhere (because the parent company of Nomz SC is French and we can be sure they called it what they think their madeleine is, not what somewhere else is; otherwise they would call it differently).

Madeleines are small sponge cakes, baked in shell-shaped molds that gives them a shape on one side. They have soft and airy inside (cake-y) and light crispy edge (that’s not cookie like, but the edge that a sponge cake gets when made properly in an oven). They surely don’t have a cookie texture; they have a cake-y texture and they are never called cookies.

Contrary, the picture you are showing are just typical cookies (with cookie texture and cookie taste and prepared like typical cookies and not a cake-y texture or taste; those are crumbly indeed, while madeleine is not) and those are NOT madeleines.

It short, madeleines are just cookie-sized cakes, not cookies.

Those are originals, but ofc you can decorate them with nuts, coconut flakes or freeze-dried raspberries which makes the edge even crispier or get them partly topped in a melted chocolate. Very buttery and delicious when fresh; go great with a tea. (again, i was talking about madeleines in France/Europe, which i believe Nomz SC’s manufacturer was after)

10 Likes