NEW NomNomz Super Concentrates (Super Charged) Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

I still have nightmares from that one flavor you made me SFT that tasted so floral, it was Soda Ice Cream (Duomei), and it has been tossed.

3 Likes

Na you don’t have to like I mentioned it’s the same flavor it’s just the Nomz version is I quess more concentrated. I loved the CSC Wafer I bought a big bottle before Chefs closed but I burned through it really fast. So I’m just glad I can buy it again. I’ve asked Nomz to offer larger bottles. Though at their prices I could just buy a few (like 10) 30ml.

3 Likes

Banana Flambe (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (2-19-24) – I didn’t want to test this RIGHT after the Banana, so I could get a fresh take. I think it was @Mikser that asked if we needed this one as well as the Banana. It depends. This one was quite a bit different than the OG Banana, as it did not have the green, or mashed notes, but def. more of a somewhat “boozey”-ness to it. Every time I’ve ever eaten Banana Flambe it’s always been with Dark Rum, and this one DID have a nice booze overtone. The banana notes were cooked/fried, but without any greasy-ness or notes. I think there was some light brown sugar-ness, hiding below the booze, as it peeked out from time to time. It was far less creamy than the OG Banana, and somewhat more acidic, which made it more authentic. I didn’t pick up any overt butter or cinnamon, but it’s possible they were buried lower in the mix. All in, a pretty authentic, boozey, fried banana flambe, with light brown sugar notes. At 1.5% it was very full, and I couldn’t pick out any off-notes. I didn’t get any ice cream in this one, and that’s actually fine, add it if you want it. All in, a good showing, and hard to mark down, with my only “wants” being maybe a smidge more butter and brown sugar, but minor “wants” at that. Finishing up the 3rd tester while writing this, it felt good, very high, at a 9.5/10. If you have, want, or like the OG Banana, this one is plenty different to pick up as well.

12 Likes

Thank you. In my Facebook group, it said there will be another discount code tonight for (SC) (Nomz), I’m going to wait until SD finishes his tests.

3 Likes

Snap, don’t wait on me @KC111 !!!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Trust me, I am in no hurry to buy more right now. I haven’t been motivated to mix lately, so I’ve got plenty of time before the shopping itch needs to be scratched again.

2 Likes

5 Likes

For the most part, you can probably avoid it, unless some NEW information comes to light, as it seems most are what they were.

1 Like

The strawberry milkshake was the only one i didnt like so far. Maybe its that im partially a strawberry mute but i didnt get strawberry milkshake from it at all. More like a kinda odd red candy with no real milkshake at all. The only strawberry milk iv tried is delosi which is a pretty decent nesquik strawberry milk.

3 Likes

If this doesn’t do it for you @STR8V8PING, nothing will …

10 Likes

I was so surprised by this one! Probably the best authentic natural banana I’ve tried. I’ve only tried a handful, but I liked this one! The banana candy surprised me as well!

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer may I ask how long it will be until you test Watermelon?

The noted crew split their Nomnomz show into 4, and alphabetically, so I have a while to wait.

I’m really hoping that you will review their WM a bit sooner? I’d really love to hear what you thought of it, and what strength you mixed it at. I’m still having issues, and I’ve tried 2%, 1.5%, 1%, 0.8%, and 0.5%.

3 Likes

Tell you what @IggyZ let me finish up with Blueberry, and I’ll hit it. Remind me, what issues are you having ?

2 Likes

Woohooo!

My issues are just that, my issues. :rofl:

I am tasting more honeydew than watermelon, and at 1% or less, it IS a watermelon, but isn’t ripe or sweet. I’m leaning towards fresh, but there are also some confusing candy-ish notes. Weeks after my package from Nomz came, and I am still confused after a few testers at a few different %s.

I’m hoping that your experience will differ from mine!

2 Likes

Been trying out the nom nomz marshmallow. Its very different. It took me a while to figure out what it was. It tastes more like some kind of candy then marshmallow but what it is just hit me . Its a overly candied lucky charms marshmallow. Its not bad but not really usuabke as a marshmallow. Will work pretty much only as a lucky charms cereal recipe

2 Likes

Sounds a lot like what I got from it back in '21 from Chef’s @STR8V8PING

6 Likes

Didn’t realize you reciewed that one lol yup sounds like we getting the same thing. For a few days im like what candy does that remind me of and then it hit me. Duh its lucky charms marshmallow just like a lil more sugared/candied. It didnt hit me until i accidentally dripped some nomz puffed rice in the same rda and it toned the candied down a little. The puffed rice btw is really good. No crackle pop really but good flavor

3 Likes
3 Likes

Its really good with some fa merange and the noms puffed rice dripped together. I smell a new lucky charms recipe coming. Maybe add in a touch of sugary cereal with that

2 Likes

Blueberry (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (2-23-24) – I decided to spend some extra time on this one, as it was proving to be rather hard to completely nail down. This is because it WAS pretty complex, especially for a Blueberry. I got all KINDS of notes, and nuances from this one. For starters, it didn’t seem to delve as much into the darker notes of the BB, but more so the mid-dark, mid, and brighter notes. At times I felt it leaned more artificial than natural, and other times not. Some times I got more of a sweetened almost candy-like nuance from it, but not candied like you would think, but more of a blueberry rolled in sugar crystals. Some times I even picked up on a VERY natural tasting musky-ness, which often times is a BAD thing, but in this case (and some other BB’s), was a PLUS, and added to the natural-ness of it. Basically, this one was a very good BROAD spectrum BB, which covered all of the things mentioned above, and did it actually, quite well. Because of where it fell on my “BlueBerry Spectrum”, it seemed like it would be stellar in Milkshakes, Muffins/Bakeries, and def. in Cheesecakes, to name a few, with numerous other uses. Although it didn’t delve into the deeper, darker notes, it covered most of the “must haves”, and presented differently at times, which made it all the much better. This one really covered a LOT of bases. I finally had to place it, and doing so at a high(er) 9.6/10.

15 Likes