New Recipe Showcase (2015-2016)

You had time to figure out steeping time for the MF yet? How they working out in your mixes?

Oh god he worked with oak wood! The brave soul!

1 Like

It is definitely an acquired taste. But I love it. If you can vape with an open mind and not expect the usual dessert, fruit, nut, etc kinda vape itā€™s just amazing. I know itā€™s really weird, because it really does taste like you are vaping a piece of oak lumber. But I have always thought oak smelled amazing. Almost a nutty kind of smell, and it vapes just like that. FA nailed this flavor really well. I can see it working very well in a Bourbon flavor. I have FA Whiskey and Oak Wood. I bet those two would work well with Vanilla Bourbon.

2 Likes

Yeah i got a bottle at work and its hard to work with it to not get a main wood note it drives me mad hehe.

I think you have to want the Oak Wood to come through. I really canā€™t see it not being the star flavor in a mix. I just canā€™t imagine it being good as a complimentary note.

Yeah i tried to compliment some tobaccos with it some pears but each time even at low % the wood was no subtle enough. I might revisit it someday but im not driven to it.

The vanilla in this recipe of Darthā€™s I think is what really makes it work. Have you tried adding vanilla to it?

Maybe tone down the wood with vape wizard? Whatā€™s the other stuff that tones down flavors? AP? Iā€™ve got 60ml of Oak Wood coming so. . .your R&D would go to a good cause.

The other stuff youā€™re thinking ofā€¦maybe EM/cotton candy? I have oak wood but havenā€™t used it a whole lot yet. I think Iā€™ve got one mix with it. Iā€™m looking forward to using it more though. As youā€™ve probably guessed, Iā€™m a big fan of the weird earthy, woodsy, leafy flavors. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m sure itā€™s EM.

I have not guessed that, but it is very interesting. So if there was a grass flavor, you would have that? Maybe we should take this out of the recipe thread. I am curious who among us likes the earthy flavors.

To be honest i abandoned ship fast with oakwood got impatient with it so i have not much to suggest or recommend but as for grass flavor try Inawera dragonfruit to me even after a month steep this thing tastes like fresh cut lawn, if thats interesting!

Thereā€™s one about all the flora flavors. I guess that could qualify. Maybe the thread should be about all the ā€œdifferentā€ flavors. :slightly_smiling:

I thought of using the Oak Wood with a little peach or apricot and just a drop or two of brandy

Thanks for the props brother, Iā€™m glad you like it.

It appears everyone gets a different flavor profile with this one. Like me for example, I do not taste any Oak wood and really only the ylang and vanillas, with a littleā€¦somethin at the end.

It really is a phenomenal juice though! I canā€™t believe I was so hesitant to try it when I first made it haha.

As far as Oak Wood goes, I plan on making about 20 new Oak Wood juices, as soon as season slows down.

I have a list of pairings for Oak Wood, that I got off of a perfume site, of all places. It pairs great with every flavor in that recipe (Obviously)

I canā€™t wait to get back and start experimenting!!

3 Likes

Tank you. You know how some flavors are just yummy. Iā€™m hoping to find a few more of those. The edible ones. Hey - by the wayā€¦ seems a lot of people have caught on about the Armomaizer RDTA. Ah the flavor. I asked what everyone thought about it here a while back and now I see it being listed as a favorite by people who do reviews on YouTube. Iā€™m thinking about getting a 3rd one.

2 Likes

Yup @Joya, you were the trail blazer on that one!:wink:

Whatā€™s next on the horizon?

My notes on INW Cactus

Such a different twist on flavor and mouthfeel. It adds a bit of green to the mix.

I also read someone post the same thing.

Iā€™m working on some new mixes and I have oak wood fa in a couple of themā€¦

WIPs

Grilled Peaches & Cream

Ingredient%
Cream Cheese Icing (LA)1.5
Cream Fresh (FA)0.75
Honey Bee (Flavorah)0.4
Liquid Amber (FA)0.75
Mango (FA)2
Oak Wood (FA)0.4
Peach (INAWERA)4
Sweet Cream (CAP)1
White Peach (FA)2

Flavor total: 12.8%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Grilled Fruit Skewers

Ingredient%
Brown Sugar (TPA)1.5
Liquid Amber (FA)1
Mango (FA)2
Oak Wood (FA)0.4
Peach (INAWERA)4
Pineapple (Hangsen)3
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah)0.25

Flavor total: 12.15%

1 Like

I canā€™t believe you canā€™t taste the Oak in this. But then again, I grew up in a wood shop. If youā€™ve never smelled fresh cut oak you would think it was an earthy slightly floral kinda flavor. But for me from the age of 9 to 24 I cut wood of some sort every day. I started in my Dadā€™s wood shop and worked my way into a high end cabinet making shop making moulding and cabinets for $500,000 homes. There were times when I went to bed smelling Oak and tasting it in everything. By the time I was 24 I was in a large CNC wood shop. FA Oak Wood is spot on. I see @Pro_Vapes is using it for a grilled flavor. Interesting!

2 Likes

Got to get just the coils to put them in my Atlantis and Melo (to make them taste-worthy). Right now they only sell the kit: Vaporesso TARGET VTC Kit with Ceramic cCELL Coil.
Practically everyone has it in their ā€œNew Arrivalsā€ section, but I canā€™t find just the replacement coils for sale by themselves yet. Iā€™ve tried rebuilding the non-rebuildable coils using titanium and stainless, but still the flavor is not good enough compared to the top 3: TFV4, Aromamizer, and Crown. I wouldnā€™t be able to rebuild these ceramic coils but they do seem to last 50% longer anyway (according to reviews). They pour a ceramic powder around the wire. It is solid and safe apparently. Iā€™m always searching for ceramic to improve flavor. I actually have to dilute my juice in the tasty 3 tanks. At full strength, there is still not enough flavor in the Nautilus, Atlantis and Melo. Iā€™m looking for an answer before I give them away or put them in the discard pile. I did order a 3rd Aromamizer tonight. Only $19.95 at VapeNW.com. Add a dollar for black vs SS color. Trying my first 3ml. I really like the 6ml size of the two I have. I fill each of them up once a day! Probably a clone at that price $19? at VapeNW. We will see. I paid $35 for the last one directly from Steam Crave and do believe in supporting the PERSON who invented this wonderful tank. I also ordered a TFV4 mini in black tonight. Iā€™m assuming the coils are the same as for the 24mm TFV4 24mm version (since I havenā€™t seen another size coil for sale). Boy Iā€™d better pull out my extended drip tip so I can keep my soft/subtle lips in tact. There will be even more HEAT coming at me in the same size coil in a smaller tank! I only run my TFV4 at 30 watts, but it gets so hot! Well, let me go push the ā€˜payā€™ buttons. Oh must mention (especially after reading the ā€œBest Modā€ postā€¦ Lovin the Joytech Evic mini I got 2 weeks ago. The temp control takes SS, Ti and Ni and the SCREEN IS LARGE ENOUGH.

On the subject of new box modsā€¦I keep looking at 200 watt boxes, looked at the Wismec Reuleaux (lovely with the 3-18650 batteries) but I think Iā€™d just have to get the one with the Escribe software Evolv DNA 200 Chip rather than the $49 model (both by Jaybo). Just donā€™t know if Iā€™m ready for all that software. Iā€™ll like the jump start on power, and I did hold one in my hand, and it did fit, but I still have a simple cell phone, ect. Life is too short to waste time playing games. Ah, maybe when my old 150-watt Sigelei dies. By then, they will come out with something even better. Iā€™ve heard conflicting stories on which is more safeā€¦the (3) 18650 batteries or a Lipo. My husband ships batteries all over the world and he was taught that the Lipo are not as safe. Iā€™d probably go for the lighter in weight of the two. One thing is for sureā€¦ I want a screen I can see without my old-lady glasses. All I want for xmas is a Whirlpool tub. Well, Merry Christmas to you Jimk and allā€¦ Many happy holidays and vape as much as you want. Jeshā€¦ I sure can talk and yes I am awaire itā€™s all me, me, me. Well what else are you going to say when you are talking to yourself. Thatā€™s what posting is like. Thereā€™s know one saying ya, ya. LOL.

5 Likes

You guys may remember a recipe I threw together on the fly in this threadā€¦

It turned out to be one of my best creations yet. I call itā€¦

Banerry Gookie

Ingredient%
Banana (Flavorah)3
Cookie (FA)2.25
Strawberry (Flavorah)1
Strawberry (Ripe) (OOO)2
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)5
Whipped Cream (TPA)3

Flavor total: 16.25%

6 Likes