New to diy, and feeling frustrated

The OP isnt talk8ng about MTL tanks like Brunhilde or the Kayfuns …The OP is talking a bout low wattage pod systems that in my experiance do need to pump up the flavor pcts or keep the recipes simple , your not ginna get different layers in a recipes with a pod unless they are contrasting and definetely not over done with creams.

When I talk about pumping up the pcts Im not saying to take an existing recipe and just raising pcts …Usually the recipe is made based on how the person Vapes. I mean start new and develop a recipe based on said pod but raise the pcts , keep the recipes simple , add sweetener etc.

8 Likes

@New_B Hi newb and welcome to ELR. Looking at your Strawberry Custard my first move would be eliminating one of the creams, either the custard or fresh cream. One should suffice and eliminates the possibility of muting. I’m not a Pod user so I can’t advise on your pcts but I think you already got feedback on that.

You’re on the right track just have patience. DIY doesn’t happen overnight. I threw in the towel my first several months only to return with the willingness and determination to do the work. We have excellent teachers here willing to help. Hang in there, it’ll happen :yum:

7 Likes

Oh okay, that’s what it sounded like to me when you and rcleven were talking. Turn on grammar check :rofl:

Dang, wish I could afford a personal mixer!

On said Pod? You mean to tell me you’re familiar with all the pods out there? I knew you were good but I didn’t know you were a genius! Seriously, what do you really mean by that? I’m honestly asking because I don’t do pods. And there’s that “but raise the pcts” again. What is it about these said pods that forces you to mix by design and raise the median pcts? And on that note, I’m happy I don’t use pods.

4 Likes

Well theres The Novo , Caliburns , Xros type pods then you got The Smok Rpm40 and 80 which are more AIOs but people call them pods …So develope the recipe based on what ur using …I mix for apprx 25 people and they all vape different tanks , pods etc i have to develope the recipes based on what they use

6 Likes

Oh for chrissakes, you have the patience of a saint.

5 Likes

No …I am so over it , I just feel bad letting them fend for themselves , I get a nrw recipe 80pct done and then i have to mix for someone else so they dont get finished lol ( cry me a river )

6 Likes

Lol, fiddy. How about teaching them to fend for themselves? Then your hands will be free. You’re such a gent. That’s why we love you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Don’t need to be a genius. The class of pod will tell you the most you need to know. Coils for wattage limits of the pod are tiny and can’t produce enough vapor to to get any complexity of flavor. People pick theses pods because they are 1) cheap 2) stealthy because they don’t produce heavy vaper production.

Started vaping on a original Novo. If I remember correctly most recipes had to be in the 20/23 percent flavor range for a recipe to be tasty at a 50/50 mix because the coil couldn’t wick at a higher VG percentage.

7 Likes

My better half still uses these fucking things , i think I have about 50 of the 1 and 2 smfh …

6 Likes

Lmao ive even tried to offer one shots …Alm they haave to do is mix the Nic and Base but ha ha ha …The New Year will.change some things and I estimate half thes people will stop asking me

5 Likes

Oh I was just being glib. I know fiddy isn’t a genius, I’m his grammar teacher :rofl:

My journey started in 2014 and one of the atomizers I used was the original Nautilus mini with a 1.8 ohm coil head with a tight draw and great on flavor. Vapor production wasn’t synonymous with flavor complexity. Those Nauti coils are still used today in Billet Box shells. As I confessed, I never got into pods and lack the knowledge to discuss them but the basics of vaping still remain the same. The production of flavor from the standpoint of mechanics (with or without huge clouds) is contingent upon the deck/chamber/chimney design and the aerodynamics at play within. That’s how a small single coil wire in a Kayfun can produce good flavor and I suppose the same is at work in pod systems but I’ve never inspected one so I’m only guessing. I know that some are using small mesh coils now. I wouldn’t mind trying one of those out of curiosity but I think I’m pretty much glued to more traditional styles.

6 Likes

Is that right? Well, all the more better for you. You really have your hands full. You still have little ones running around and that’s no joke :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

WTF…Thats news to me

5 Likes

You should be paying landfill fees :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, sometimes it’s better to keep your head in the sand. What you don’t know won’t hurt you.

3 Likes

Hey, I should talk. I watch alien abduction videos for educational improvement.

3 Likes

Time to watch more abductions. The ones on sexual harassment are extra juicy. :astonished: G’nite

3 Likes

Honestly add .5% sweetener cap super sweet for fruits, FW sweetener for creams. Makes all the difference.

7 Likes