New To DIY Not Vaping

I am just curious to know if this recipe will work fine, trying to stick with Max VG cause of minor irritation with PG.

3 Likes

Maybe it would be better to try 5 or 10ml …

6 Likes

Welcome to the rabbit hole! Since this is a new mix for you, I strongly urge you, as Gus has already said, start with a very small test batch of 5 or 10 mls, no more than 15. Also when you look at the flavor notes for your flavor, you can see the recommended % for the flavor, in a recipe and by itself. This one is an average of 3.5% ranging from a min of 2% to a max of 5% so it might be wise to start at 2% and see how you feel about it. Look at the notes people have made, how they use it in a recipe and how long they normally steep for. Best of luck! :+1:

6 Likes

Welcome to ELR

If you haven’t tested it … your research is as good as worthless :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Instead of spending hours of reading or watching videos, just spend a couple minutes of flavor testing and you’ll be a hell of a lot wiser. Having an RDA would of course be of great help. Still, if you’re testing in a regular commercial tank, you’d benefit greatly from starting (very) low and building up. Working the other way around is very ineffective and could end up being expensive in changing coils for every sample.
When you’ve got your low, mid and high % of usage of a flavor, it’s time to steep and see how they work over time.
Do your single flavor tests, otherwise you’ll never be any wiser. Watch this great series about testing flavors, you can apply his technique for any brand.

I’d listen to @Mizzz_Z_Hobbit by the way, she’s a very experienced mixer and she knows what she’s talking about… I believe you started off by saying you’re new to all this?
Not sure where you do your research, but this info would indicate to me that 10% is waaaaaay too much.

Even on NicRiver’s website, the suggested starting usage is between 2-3%
https://riversupplyco.com/collections/nicotine-river-flavor-concentrates/products/purilum-vanilla-bacco

3 Likes

Wow unknown you are a champion, I couldn’t vape straight VG. I rarely do single flavors unless testing them (sometimes not even then for some concentrates). If you like it then great. If you find it doesn’t have the flavor you want, then maybe try some additions to it. I mean, since it’s a Vanilla Tobacco I could see adding some caramel since vanilla, tobacco and caramel make a good RY4. If you’re wanting to stick with just one flavor and that doesn’t work on the single vanilla tobacco, you could consider some of the one shots? Just some ideas to play with. It’s DIY so Do it Your way :slight_smile: Welcome!

4 Likes

I’m happy to see Christian’s vids are being shared… I know he would be happy too.
He made those to help explain my process of testing after I helped him understand Flavorah a bit better. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not all flavor companies are alike… you might want to try that 10% total on all of the manufactures and see then what you think. :slight_smile:

cuz they are not all the same… you can not fit a square peg into a round hole… unless by force :wink:

3 Likes

or if the square is smaller than the diameter :lollipop:

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with 5% flavor and 95% VG base, as long as your set-up can handle the thicker liquid. Just let it steep a little longer than you would with higher PG. I’ve had recipes with 97-99% VG using very potent flavors and had tons of flavor.

3 Likes