New to me... Yellow Watermelon!

Anybody ever seen a yellow watermelon? I really wasn’t expecting this, but it taste like a ripe watermelon.

11 Likes

Only tasted one once, flavor was some stronger and flesh more dense, extremely juicy. Quite enjoyed it.

4 Likes

I guess I should’ve peeped at the tag 1st…lmao!

3 Likes

I’ve seen them at a local grocery store a few times. Never tasted one tho.

2 Likes

yes I get them when in the market they are very good a bit sweeter than the reds…take one an chunk it up an put in a blender for a few sec’s an add a scoop to seltzer water or make a margirita with it yummmm

6 Likes

They were the only melon my Grandmother would grow… and for good reason… they’re darned delicious. I ate my weight in them every summer as a child! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Yes love them another really yummy weird thing are donut peaches

8 Likes

Oh my gosh, Cotton Candy Grapes are a thing, and they are AWESOME!

8 Likes

Yes yes yes I just had those a few minths or so ago …

6 Likes

The only kind we would get as a child but that was in Texas. I live in Michigan now and I have never seen them up here.

5 Likes

Kind of like your recipes (where I’ll likely need to order a missing flavor), now I have to go and find these! :+1:

4 Likes

4 Likes

I do like yellow watermelon they are a little sweeter to me.

When I was In Japan a few years back I saw square watermelons - they grow them in a perspex box so that they are easier to ship due to the fact they are easy to stack (i think). It was the weirdest thing.

download

9 Likes

Wow @Pro_Vapes that almost looks scary there. I’ve never heard of them, but sounds like the proof is in the taste.

6 Likes

OMG!!! I am glad I never had to haul square watermelons

6 Likes

This one has black seeds though.
E-AROMAT-MELON-10-ml-230-2

3 Likes