New to this with some questions

So I’ve cut my smoking (cigarettes) from more than a pack a day to about 4 to 10 a day depending on the situation. I bought a Novo 4 and 2.5 mg spearmint salt nic. I’m ok with just the vape other than my morning cig getting ready for work. (Think it’s more habit) I’d like to lessen the nic level bit by bit. The other factor is with cutting smoking my candy intake has gone way up. Hence the spearmint. The vape does both for me. I’d like to enhance the spearmint or mint but dilute the salt nic to where I could just use a 0 mg flavor. Can I just add a 0 ejuice spearmint to cut the nic level? And does the VG or PG have a preference or better use? I’m still reading as much as I can. Any help I do appreciate.

10 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

6 Likes

Welcome to you and to answer your question if you add vg or pg you’ll weaken the taste as well your diluting the whole thing but I ask the question if you’ve only just escaped the cigs why do wish to lower the nic

4 Likes

Well. To be truthful, my heart stopped on July 17th 2023. They were able to shock me back. They told me I had to have a l-vad pump installed and go on the heart transplant list. As this was the only option they would give me, I reached out to Cleveland clinic and was told to pack up from there and head straight to them. (Best choice I made). I made it a month and a half with no cigarettes and I gave in. Started smoking again but with the mindset I’d deal with all the stress and quit in a timely manor. To be honest my doctor is ok with the minimal smoking but I want to quit. So I quit drinking, cut way back smoking, and now eat way to many snickers bars and 5 lbs of wintergreen lifesavers a month. Gave the vape a shot and it really curves the sweets and most of the smoking. I’m 46 with 9yr old twins and a 12 yr old. Amazingly back in good shape, I want to be here as long as I can for my kids. Nicotine is one thing my body doesn’t need. Or all the sugar. I’ve gone through a huge mindset change. Always the daredevil guy. 15 yr skydiving instructor, snowmobiling the biggest mountains I could, raced in the deserts and deep woods. Now I’m looking at my kids saying to myself, they deserve me. I run my first 1 mile marathon with my 9 yr old daughter with the kids of steel p3r program. It’s not much but I was never a runner and it’s a start. Over the 7 weeks of training you run all but the last mile of the equivalent of a marathon, then the last mile is ran through Pittsburgh. Sorry for the long back round but I feel if I kick the nic asap then it’s just loosing the sweets.

16 Likes

Personally I know I wouldn’t miss the nic for more than a few days but the hand to mouth habit is a whole other thing. 100% harder for myself.

7 Likes

That is my thing too @Letitia as I am only using between 0.5 and 1 mg of nic in my MTL mixes. Definitely is the hand to mouth part is my addiction…

4 Likes

Welcome @Crazyjeep

Personally, I wouldn’t worry about cutting the nic until you have totally kicked the cigarettes from the equation. Then, after a little while to prevent regression, start reducing the amount of nic (yes, you can use the 0 mg to dilute the 2.5mg) until you are totally off it. Take your time as too fast may cause you to want to smoke again.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that. One thing to think you may find when going to 0 nic the flavor may not to be the same. Nic kinda does something to the flavor to make it pop. I know a lot of people that stay at just 1mg or even .5 for this reason. If you can do zero nic though by all means do it.

6 Likes

Wow that’s a kick back of a reply sorry to hear of your condition you seem to be on the right track forward if your vape is keeping you off the sweet stuff then that’s a win if the vape is and will keep you off the smokes then that’s another win those last smokes are def in your mind I struggled with the first one in the morning for ages and I knew that if I could conquer that one I’d won worry about the nic later

4 Likes

Yeah, pretty crazy ride. Went from dec of 22 with a clean bill of health. 6 months later I’m filling out my will and custody. Then 6 months later and 4 pills a day, Dec of 23 back to a clean bill of health. Doc thinks it could of been virus. Either way, eye opening. Thanks for the recommendations from everyone. I do tend to go all in or nothing.

8 Likes

Welcome your in the best place we are one big family here from all around the world I’m in the :uk:

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Crazyjeep. As others have said, I would completely NOT remove or lower the NIC, until you are completely off the cigs first. To be fair, candy may be better than vaping, but vaping is FAR better than smoking.

Priority one should be completely, completely get you off cigs first, then adjusting the NIC down, or eventually removing is fine.

4 Likes

You could just do 50/50 zero nic with your choice of flavor (s). When I stopped Smok and started vaping, I vaped desserts and actually lost 50 pounds because the dessert flavors took place of snacks or whatever. Maybe try another flavor. Have one spearmint and try a dessert one shot. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

5 Likes

Just stay on the nic until you no longer have any desires for any cigs in the moring replace it with vape have a higher nic in moring and a lower one throught the day and night.
I got down to about 0.15% which is 1.5mg but my eating went way up…
Only time and chaning eating habbits helped in the ling run i went from 85 mg up to 115kg im now back down to 87kg and neeed to lose wome more
Drinking the green veg smoothies in the moring helped made me feel full all day and after then eating a healthy tea it also stopped night time snacking too
Along with having a highering nic levels for when i needed it
rather than comfort eating. Or vaping a high or low nic all day
So i usually run several mods woth varying levels within them.

8 Likes

Hey Ben. Welcome back!

4 Likes