New ultimo

You wouldn’t take it too awful hard if I told you that the Ultimo beats that one too would you?

1 Like

I was thinking about doing some Ultimo pics. Help with coils and wicking and the tank itself …but really it’s so easy. There are only a couple tips to make it easier.

Number one. I use the tiniest amount of Burt’s Bees lip balm on that top O-ring. This makes disassembly a breeze. The Ultimo has so few parts, but when new that O-ring up top is almost glued to the glass. This makes disassembly a little scary (like cutting your finger with broken glass>) Just wiggle the chimney gently back and forth and it will work it’s way out. Once apart, just put a little lubrication on that wide top band and it will come apart easily next time

While the RTA head looks small, it likes alot of wick. Filling the deck with wicking prevents leaking, just keep the wick away from the center air hole. I cut my outer tips (before tucking in) kind of long with a sharp angle (40 degrees?) When you tuck that in, the cut angle allows for straight fibers to point at the juice hole and the thin tail fills the narrowing juice deck. If you leave any deck exposed, juice can pool and then go down the airflow hole when tipped.

2 Likes

Some are complaining the top cap forces juice through the coil like the CUBIS, and my ULTIMO did leak a bit at first, but I found if i clean the top cap and the top of the cap after I fill the tank there is no leakage at all when the cap is screwed back on. I think the vapor is better and the flavor is just as good as my Crown V1 but no leakage.

2 Likes

When wicking notice there is a small area in front of the juice hole. I found once I packed the deck with cotton forward and aft (and made sure none was over the airflow) I had zero leaks. While the deck is maybe the smallest I probably use more wicking than any other rebuildable tank/atty

BTW I just made a 5 wrap 3.5mm ID fused Clapton (Geekvape SS spool) and just set off the smoke alarm in my kitchen :wink: I think people see this as a small single coil tank and think it can’t possibly deliver. Great flavor (sez I) and plenty of vapor (sez my smoke alarm). (29W in Power mode on my Cuboid w/ pre-heat @ 34W)

Oh and one more tip! You need to wrap your coils counterclockwise so the legs line up with the posts and the coils rests higher over the airflow …that’s just me.

2 Likes

I’m not using the RBA just the factory ceramic.

1 Like

there was very little about these online even from Joyetech. I saw something recently talking about being able to rewick the ceramic coils. You can see the cotton on the outside and there’s a gap …never tried it

1 Like

Nailed it! I got my Ultimo’s in Friday and I am very pleased with these tanks.I have yet to try the RBA heads, only the supplied factory coil but it vapes like a dream.Thank you for the tip!

3 Likes

See, you thought I meant it like, “I once caught a fish this big.” Had to see for yourself, aye? I knew you’d like it…:smiley:

1 Like

Oh, BTW, I got vape mail Thursday, I cannot get myself away from this OBS Engine. You guys have got to get one of these ASAP and I’m not kidding

I got myself 2 of them and they became my favorite overnight!!!

2 Likes

lol , I knew if it had your recommendation that it would be a good tank! :smiley:
I ordered them over three weeks ago from efuntop as they also had the new Ijoy 26650 batteries on sale. I am loving them as well!:grinning:
I do find it surprising that the Ultimo even with factory coils has flavor that rivals the Goblin mini V3 and I much prefer the more open draw of the Ultimo.

2 Likes

ULTIMO:
after 1 month and 1 week…
It does have quite an open airflow. And the ceramic coil is quite flavorful and is performing about the same after a full month of use as it did 20 minutes after priming it. The device does need a fairly powerful mod, my single battery eVic VTC Mini does it, but you can watch the battery go dead rapidly, each battery lasts me about 3-4 hours. another con is the coil does seem to heat the juice quite a bit and the juice in the bottom of the tank even discolors due to heat. But the flavor is still great, the ceramic coil is lasting forever, if it ever wears out I’ll try that other coil that came with it.

4 Likes

I am using the factory ceramic coil on one of my tanks and the factory clapton on the other.I want to see how they compare.I did have an issue with the ceramic on mine , when they assembled it at the factory they didn’t have one of the coil wires placed on the inside of the insulator but it was a quick fix.
I am waiting for the factory coil to fail before I break out the rebuild able decks.I purchased four of those when I ordered them , glad I did now because I will pick up a couple more tanks hopefully during the black Friday sales .
They are a fine little tank for sure!

3 Likes

Got a black one ordered and can’t wait. Also, per @Whiterose0818 recommendation got the CoilArt Mage coming too. Ordered from Fasttech so I hope they actually get to me :confused:

6 Likes

Yes I have both, I like the OBS better. Both have great flavor push but this OBS surprised me with the flavor and it being a top air flow. Also the OBS is one of few that don’t leak or condense on me. I have two of them.

5 Likes

Mike Vapes has stated that the OBS Engine is his all time favorite RTA. FYI

4 Likes

Not only Mike has said that, other reviewers has said the same thing and if we are gonna believe them it is an amazing tank.
Edit! All the hype around this tank has made me wanting it as well.

2 Likes

I’ve had my share of all sorts of tanks and for a top air flow its got great flavor and none is lacking. This is what surprised me cuz it is topair flow. No other I have tried delivers flavor like the Engine and no hype either. It’s not a cloud chugger but it does produce a lot of vapor. No regrets buying two of them. I had to have another after I got the first one.

3 Likes