Newbie - advice needed please!

I made this recipe up (in my head it sounded ok) but please bare with me, totally new to make my own juice.

Left it to steep for a week and it tastes of absolutely nothing, smells fairly decent! Are my ratios way out? Maybe I should just stick to others recipes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

@Ben221 welcome to ELR. The first two things that jump out are the very high EM, and then the cooling. Both will mute, and it’s probably the EM. Do you have other sweeteners ? Maybe leave out the EM, possibly reduce the cooling, to see if it improves.

7 Likes

Hey and thank you for your reply! The problem I have is I’ve used “Ice” vapes for years now and I hate a warm vape! Sorry what is EM?

Cheers!

4 Likes
6 Likes

Ahh I see! Yeah I used that as a sweetener hoping it wouldn’t ruin my coils as quick, what would be a better option?

Thanks!

5 Likes

Just to clarify, the concentrates I listed are all the concentrates I have! But can Definately get more :sweat_smile::+1:t2:

4 Likes

Try no sweetener, as TPA SB Ripe already has a lot of EM in it.

6 Likes

Thanks man will give it a whirl, quick question, Once your recipe is combined, when is best to test? do you literally always have to leave to steep for a period before even testing?

2 Likes

@Ben221 the best thing about enhancers, sweeteners, cooling agents is they’re not required, so you can leave them out in the beginning, and nail down your core profiles, get them right, THEN add them back in if you need them. This way if the recipe gets wrecked, you can limit what the causes are. On a simple fruit mix, I’d give it at least 2-3 days to settle down, and let the rough edges soften a bit.

5 Likes

You, my friend are a lovely human, thank you very much for your time and answers, ill report back my findings :slight_smile:

thank you again

3 Likes

Thank you, and you’re very welcome.

4 Likes

I’ve tested 35 of the TFS for the show. Their recommendations for % seem to be fairly high. Check their website to check their percentage recommendations AND their steep time is much longer than a week.
That was an interesting line go test. They are with Drip Hacks”.

5 Likes

I agree with every word here EXCEPT one letter. Ripe only has Maltol. No ethyl.

4 Likes

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx?cas=4940-11-8

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/maltol

2 Likes

Jesus christ man, do you even look at your own link before you post? NO SB Ripe there. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Breath, BV, breathe hehe …

Yes @big_vape, I always do. The Ripe has Maltol, and the regular Strawberry has the EM. That list was ALL of the flavors with EM.

4 Likes

Mine stayed normal the whole time. You’ve only raised my BP twice in all these years :thinking: We’re good.

Well aware of that list and the concentrates on it. If YOU were, you would have posted this

instead of just 2 links without a word.

3 Likes

It’s hard to type, when I’m driving LOL. Almost everyone I know who mixes, believes that there IS EM in SBR. You can find posts to that effect back 2016 here, and even further. I pulled the TPA sheets up, and sure enough Maltol. Then of course, the seasoned vets will ask, “What’s the difference between EM and Maltol”, and hence, the 2nd link.

Mystery solved.

3 Likes

I will wait to see how the OP fares sans cooling and muting (errrr sweetening), and see where he stands.

2 Likes

8 years ago when i was mainly on reddit and /u/fizzmustard created Mustard Milk he was very adamant about using straight SB (not ripe) with tfa vbic. Those were my first or second time with those tpa spec sheets. And the 1st time I mixed an SB vape I could taste.

4 Likes