Newbie - Can't Save Recipes

I am new to ELR (and new to DIY) and am having trouble saving my recipes. The errors I get when saving say:
The target strength field is required.
The wvpga field is required.
The pg goal field is required.
The vg goal field is required.

When I create the recipe, I am filling out the following fields:
Recipe Name
Amount to Make
Nicotine Strength
Then I select: Vape Ready Nicotine Base
PG Content of Base
VG Content of Base
Suggested Steep Time
I add my flavors and percentages.

It calculates everything perfectly, but when I try to save the recipe it gives me the errors I listed at the beginning of this post. I do write down everything on a label, so I have a record of each mix, but saving the recipes here would be fantastic.

Though I just started mixing a short time ago (again, I am a newbie), I have created about 10 different recipe mixtures over the past 3 weeks and have gotten the same error messages each time. It is probably “operator error”, but I am lost and befuddled (though my friends frequently say that about me…in a variety of areas) :thinking:

If I am missing something, please let me know. Guidance is much appreciated to let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance. And I appreciate the warm welcome I received when I joined this forum a few weeks ago.

6 Likes

If you selected vape ready nicotine base, I don’t think you have to select or fill in the VG/PG content spots. Try leaving those blank or unchecking the “Vape Ready Nicotine Base” option.

Edit:
I just tried both options and got the same error codes. @daath may be able to take a look, please?

Deselect “Vape Ready Base”, fill in:

With whatever your desired strength is, of course… Even if you are using a ready to vape nicotine base, the flavor percentages will be the same. You won’t have to worry about anything but the flavor amounts.

Select the desired amount to make, change the desired nicotine strength, fill in your flavor percentages, and save.

When you mix, start with your flavors, put them in the bottle, pour in your base to your desired fill level, cap it, and shake the shit out of it. That should do it for ya.

6 Likes

When in doubt, click max vg option.

2 Likes

I didn’t have any issues. was it the vape ready base?

3 Likes

I think this is a bug that has been reported before … With premixed base, you can view the recipe but not save it. I think that refers …

3 Likes

I mix up my own nic base and this is how I set up my recipes. Just leave the “use vape-ready nic base” unchecked
Amount to make
ml
Desired strength
mg
Water/Vodka/PGA
%
Max VG
Nicotine strength
mg
PG-content of nicotine
%
VG-content of nicotine
%
Suggested steep time

7 Likes

The saved recipe will look like this…
http://tjek.nu/r/BYdq

3 Likes

Yes, Dan. I selected vape ready base and tried leaving the VG/of adjustment blank but still got the error codes.

2 Likes

@Dan_the_Man @delltrapp @Letitia @Gus6 @Wombatred26
Thanks to each of you for your responses. I will try not using the “Vape Ready Mix” selection and see how it goes. Everyone’s kind responses are much appreciated. This forum sure seems helpful and supportive…I like that a bunch !!

6 Likes

Leticia, I just tried your suggestion, and it worked great. The recipe saved with no issues at all. Sometime tomorrow (or tonight if the mood strikes) I’ll go back and enter my other recipes. Thanks much for your helpful and thoughtful response.

4 Likes

Happy to help! Took me a few tries to figure it out when I started mixing my base.

4 Likes