News from the Hysteria Patrol

Doctors warn less than a teaspoon of vape liquid could cause catastrophic health effects in children

News 4 pulled numbers from Missouri’s Poison Control Center and found 74 people under the age of 12 ingested vaping liquid last year, up from 69 in 2018.

Across the nation, 5,183 people were exposed to vaping liquid in 2019 compared to 3,139 the year before.

And not mentioned in the article…

Secondhand smoke causes approximately 7,330 deaths from lung cancer and 33,950 deaths from heart disease each year. Between 1964 and 2014, 2.5 million people died from exposure

Secondhand Smoke and Children

• Secondhand smoke is especially harmful to young children. Secondhand smoke is responsible for between 150,000 and 300,000 lower respiratory tract infections in infants and children under 18 months of age, resulting in between 7,500 and 15,000 hospitalizations each year. It also causes 430 sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) deaths in the U.S. annually.7
  • Secondhand smoke exposure may cause a buildup of fluid in the middle ear, resulting in 790,000 doctor’s office visits per year, as well as more than 202,000 asthma flare-ups among children each year.7
  • More than 23 million, or about 35 percent of children in the U.S. have been exposed to secondhand smoke.8
14 Likes

Good stuff @anon70102222.

10 Likes

How many kids die a year from alcohol poisoning?

Underage Drinking. Alcohol is the most commonly used and abused drug among youth in the United States. Excessive drinking is responsible for more than 4,300 deaths among underage youth each year , and cost the U.S. $24 billion in economic costs in 2010.
re: https://www.google.com/search?q=deaths+under+the+age+of+12+from+alcohol+poisoning&oq=deaths+under+the+age+of+12+from+alcohol+p&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33.15303j0j7&client=ubuntu&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
What about this statistic?

4 Likes

I remember vividly, when I was a child, my mother used to lock up grandpa’s tobacco. It was pipe tobacco that smelled quite attractive. She saw me once trying to discover that bag of tobacco and smelling it curiously. And that was it, a couple of leave that instructions followed by locking it up away from me.

3 Likes

So many things that curious children will swallow - whatever is in the kitchen cupboard/under the sink etc etc…

Up to the “adults” to be responsible & store things properly… :roll_eyes:

I remember when I was little, there was a beehive close to where we lived & we were given some fresh honeycomb - I loved it.
So much so, that I bit into a honeycomb candle mum had, thinking honey would come out :laughing:

Always denied it was me :laughing:

4 Likes

The problem begun when the adults refuse to be held responsible for anything and found it much easier to put the blame on anything else but themselves.

6 Likes

@delltrapp wins the internet today

3 Likes

Also valid. But I was using the quid pro quo ‘smoking v. vaping’ mantra the MSM always uses. They’ll let you know 74 people under the age of 12 ingested vaping liquid last year, but they don’t feel the need to tell you that secondhand smoke is responsible for between 150,000 and 300,000 lower respiratory tract infections in infants and children under 18 months of age, resulting in between 7,500 and 15,000 hospitalizations each year. It also causes 430 sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) deaths in the U.S. annually.

Hypocrisy.

5 Likes