Nic base testing questions

In an attempt to test three different VG brands and two different nic brands (18mg/ml shots), I’ll be making 6 batches of 100% VG 3mg/ml nic base, shortfill style - 50ml VG + 10ml nic shot.

My intention is to test each batch unflavoured first to select the best, smoothest/cleanest tasting one(s).

I’d like to ask the wise here, how long should I wait after mixing and shaking, before tasting? I want to make sure that my nic base is well made and ready, before adding any flavour. Thanks!

6 Likes

In my experience, you dont need to steep nicotine. If you want to be sure, 1 day steep would do.
Unless the nic have some off notes to them. Then you could try to steep it for longer, to see if the off notes would be a problem or not.

6 Likes

Sounds good, thanks, and pleased to “meet” you :grinning: Jakarta… I’ve been once, looong ago.

4 Likes

Nice meeting you too

3 Likes

Advice given to me long ago for adding nic to presteeped juice….Shake it like an exorcism and vape it when the devil is gone lol

4 Likes

First of all I apologize if this is not the right thread or spot or whatever it is I may not be doing right at this moment there hasn’t been a thread that I have found in the past 45minutes I have spent trying to find one I have done everything I can to not ask but I am lost I took screenshots of what im trying to get accomplished its been a long night everytime every recipie I put in this calculator says is wrong with my pg vg #'s what is going on? I want to do my y 35mg salt nic with this 65mg I have. But I am not getting anywhere

my nicotine is vg based and the other 65mg I have freebase is 45pg 55vg so im putting those #'s in I keep trying 80/20 I can with my freebase where M I going wrong?

also my nic doesn’t specify what the pg vg ratio is so I have not a clue

1 Like

The bottle actually say’s is VG based, to me that would mean your salt nic is 100% VG…

2 Likes

4 Likes